Chapter 2

The New Pretender

THE NEW PRETENDER

 

Chapter Two:

 

Inside The Centre...

 

The next day, started the training with Hye Kyung. Mr. Choi took her down to one of the sublevels to do the training and made sure no one bothered them. For the next 6 months Mr. Choi fed Hye Kyung sim after sim after sim and made her become one of the most dangerous Pretenders that will walk the face of the planet. And he had even gone as far as disiplining her with no food if she didn't do something right. He would also have her beaten by one of his sweepers if she showed any emotion and if she didn't want to do something he would threaten to kill her. But he never did. Hye Kyung learned many different things and many different identities. She found out who is bad and who is good. She was even taught that Kris is an evil man and that he has taken Mr. Chois' 11yr old son Kris from him. He wants his son back and the evil man, Kris. After 6 months of this training, Mr. Choi tested Hye Kyung on it to see what she learned and being a Pretender, and she learned very quickly. He also trained her on using weapons, which Jun Jin would never have trained Kris to use. And with all the training, Mr. Choi never once noticed a tiny camera hidden in the room watching every little thing that happens. And the same thing is being played on a computer in a dark room with none other than Miss Kim, Jun Jin and the computer geek Andy. They could not believe their eyes at what they were seeing. It crushed Miss Kim's heart when she saw what Mr. Choi did to the little girl. She felt sorry for Hye Kyung and wanted to do something, but her father would not let anyone get near to Mr. Choi and Hye Kyung.

 

Miss Kim spoke,"I can't believe that he could be so heartless." she said as she got up from the chair and walked away.

 

She turned around when Jun Jin spoke to her, "Kim, where are you going?" he said.

 

"I'm going to get a drink. I can't watch any more of this cruelty to children." she said as she looked at Jun Jin. Jun Jin could tell that this upset her very much but he didn't do anything to comfort her. So, she left the room and closed the door.

 

In the Centre hallway...

 

As Miss Kim got into the hallway she leaned against the wall and put her face in her hands. Then, she walked to her own room and sat down on the bed. Miss Kim then laid down on her bed and looked up at the ceiling. When she got up a few minutes later, a picture caught her eye. It was a picture of her when she was a little baby and her mother, and everyone tells her she looks just like her mother. She was holding baby Miss Kim and she just stood there with tears in her eyes trying to think about what her mother would do in this situation. And she knew the answer to it cause it killed her mother many years ago.

 

In Andy's office...

 

Down in Andy's office, Jun Jin and Andy were busy looking through files after files on Hye Kyung but came up with nothing. Andy was busy looking on the computer when the phone rang. They both looked at each other and then Jun Jin walked over to the phone laying on the desk. He took a deep breath and sighed before he answered it.

 

After 4 rings he pressed answer and a man with a low voice spoke, "Hello, Jun Jin."

 

"Hello, Kris. How are you?" asked Jun Jin happily.

 

"Doing great here. I'm having a great time with the clone. It didn't even take long for my mom and my sister to get used to him." he said, as he looked at his younger self playing with a pet Doberman dog.

 

"That is great to here. How is your family?" asked Jun Jin.

 

"They are doing fine. My mom and sister are happy to finally have the family back together except of course, Kevin. Everyone misses him very much and I had to explain to my clone about Kevin." Kris said as he walked away from his younger self. He walked over to a window and looked out and noticed his mom and dad and Minzy were outside sitting in the sunlight. He walked outside to where his family was sitting. "It's great to not have to worry about the Centre...though I am surprised that no one has come after me. What's the deal?" he asked as he walked outside to be with the other family members.

 

"Well, we have a new project at the Centre." said Jun Jin.

 

"What new project?" asked Kris. There was silence on the other end, and Kris looked over at his dad who had a worried look on his face. "Jun Jin, what new project?" Kris was getting a little testy.

 

"Mr. Choi...has made a new Pretender. But this one is NOT like the others. She is more dangerous than any of the Pretenders we have had." Jun Jin said slowly.

 

"You've GOT to be kidding. Does Miss Kim know about this?" Kris asked.

 

"Yes, she does and she wants to rescue her but she can't." said Jun Jin.

 

"Why not?" asked Kris.

 

"Mr. Kim won't let anyone near Mr. Choi and the girl." said Jun Jin sadly.

 

"So, he has finally managed to make another one. What is her name?" Kris asked.

 

"Her name is Hye Kyung. She is very gifted and she could do a lot of good but because of Mr. Choi...she has been trained to hunt, kill and destroy everyone and everything in her path. If he lets her loose you MUST be very careful 'cause he is telling her about you and your clone." said Jun Jin.

 

Then Kris asked, "How old is she?"

 

"Well, she just turned 13. Her mind is more adult like and easier to control. She'll do whatever Mr Choi or anyone here in the Centre tells her to do." said Jun Jin.

 

"So what should I do? I don't know if I want to go back to the Centre." Kris said, as he saw the look on his dad's face.

 

"Well, I'm still here if you decide to help out." Jun Jin said.

 

"Alright, Jun JIn...I'll let you know." and they both hung up.

 

In the backyard at the Russell home...

 

After he got off the phone, Major Mun looked at Kris, "What's wrong, son?"

 

Kris looks down and then looks at his dad, "Mr. Choi, has made another project."

 

"Another project? You mean another Pretender?"asked his father who was a little shocked.

 

"Yeah, that is what I mean. That was Jun Jin I was just talking to, and he is telling me that Mr. Choi has been training this young Pretender. He trained her so well, she hunts, kills and destroys everyone and everything. She will be after me and my clone." as he said that he saw the look on his mom and Minzy's faces.

 

His mom got up and walked over to Kris , "Please Kris...don't go back there. We just got you back, I can't bear not having you around anymore even though we have your clone."

 

"I know mom." he said as he hugged her. "But I have to help her. She is being subjected to the same thing that I have been subject to. And besides, Riko Kim would do the same thing." as he said that he saw a tear running down his mother's face. She held a tight grip on his arm and wouldn't let him go.

 

"Please, Kris. Don't go. I know you want to help her but maybe this is just the way it should be. Please, I'm afraid we won't ever see you again." said a scared Hyori.

 

As Kris pulled his mom's grip from his arms he said, "Mom, don't worry. I will be coming back along with Hye Kyung. I won't let them subject her mind to hateful things." he said as he walked over to his sister.

 

"Kris, do you have to go? I don't want you to go. I just got used to having you around." says Minzy sadly.

 

"I know, Minzy...but there is nothing I can do. Eventually, all of this will be over with for good. But for now, I have to help save any and all the Pretenders that are made from the Centre." he gave Minzy a kiss on her cheek and they both hugged.

 

As he was about to walk away, Major Mun spoke to him, "Well, I know nothing that I can say will make you stay. So, all I will say is that I admire your courage to help another person out. And if you need any help you know where you can find me. I'll be here with your mom and Minzy and the clone when you come back." as he said this both Kris and Major Mun had tears coming down their cheeks. They both hugged and watched as Kris walked to the back door and he walked past his clone. And out the front door to his car.

 

As he was just about to get in his clone came out saying, "Kris,  where are you going? Can I come with?"

 

Kris looked at him and smiled then said, "Go back inside and stay with our family. I will be back. I have some matters to take care of." he said.

 

But the clone didn't move and said, "But, why can't I come with you? I can help you. I won't be in the way."

 

Kris walked over to him and kneeled down looking into the clone's eyes and said, "I know that...but you are TOO precious to this family. You are to stay here and help with the family. Understand?" The clone sighed and nodded.

 

Kris smiled and gave him a hug saying, "Now go inside and stay there." He walked over to his car and saw his clone rush inside and stand by the window. Jarod got into his car and drove away...not looking back.

 

In Andy's office...

 

Back in Andys' office, Andy and Jun Jin are still watching the computer and seeing more things that Mr. Choi is doing to Hye Kyung. As they were watching, Miss Kim walked into the room.

"Watching o again?" she said as she looked at Andy and then at Jun Jin.

 

"No, just updates on the Choi project." said Jun Jin.

 

"What has happened? Anything new?" Miss Kim asked.

 

"Well, it appears that Hye Kyung is finished with her training and Mr. Choi is preparing to let her go out into the world." said Andy.

 

"You're kidding...Is he serious Jun Jin?" asked a shocked Miss Kim.

 

"I'm...afraid...it is serious."said an unhappy Jun Jin.

 

"I can't believe this...my job is getting jepordized by a younger Choi."she said as she pulled a cigarette out of her pocket and lit it.

 

"What are you talking about?" Andy asked as he looked up from the computer screen.

 

"What I'm talking about, twit, is that Hye Kyung is taking over my job of finding Kris. My father has ordered me away from Kris and the clone." she said as she took another puff from her cigarette. She turned around to face Jun Jin, "Well, I wonder what your lab rat will think when he finds out about Hye Kyung." she said as she turned away and started walking away slowly.

 

"Well, Kris already knows." as Jun Jin said that he saw her turn around and looked at him.

 

"He knows?" Jun Jin nodded his head. She then smiled, "Well, maybe my job is not over after all." she said as she turned and started walking towards the door.

 

As she left, Andy looked up from his screen again and looked at Jun Jin, "What did she mean by that?"

 

"What she means is trouble." says Jun Jin.

 

"Well, why don't you call him and tell him?" Andy asked.

 

"Cause I already told him to call me and say if he will do it or not." Jun Jin said as he walked out of the room leaving Andy alone with his computer.

 

Miss Parker's room...

 

As Jun Jin was walking the hallways he happened to pass by Miss Kim's room. He opened it to find Miss Kim pacing the floor. She was talking to herself and taking puff after puff of her cigarette. She never even noticed Jun Jin was watching her. His voice startled her, "Kim, what are you doing?"

 

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm thinking." she said as she crushed another cigarette next to 2 other butts. She then sat on the end of the bed and put her face in her hands. Jun Jin didn't wait for her to ask him to come in...he just walked in and closed the door. He sat next to her on the bed and noticed for the 1st time a beautiful diamond ring was on her left middle finger.

 

"I see you have your mother's ring on." she looked up at him and then at the ring,

 

"Yeah. It helps me think. It's almost like I have her here and she is trying to tell me what I should do. What do you think I should do?" asked Miss Kim.

 

"Well, I would go with your gut instinct." Jun Jin said.

 

"Well, my gut instinct wants me to kill Mr. Choi. But, if I stop this what will I have to loose? They can't kill me cause I already died once."said Miss Kim.

 

"Please don't remind me. I can't think of ever loosing you again." he said as he put his hand on her shoulder.

 

"You know, when I went to Hye Kyung's  room and talked to her I couldn't believe how innocent and peaceful she was. Her parents brought her up very well. It was a shame with what happened to her." said Miss Kim.

 

"Yes Kim it was. I bet it was hard to bring down their plane. Knowing that her parents were in there and she would be left an orphan."said Jun Jin.

 

"That was the whole point. But, now my conscience is telling me to help her out but I don't know if I have the strength to stand up against my father." as she said that she got some liquor and poured some into a glass halfway. She then proceeded to drink it and didn't get very far with it when all of a sudden she started feeling faint. Jun Jin noticed it but didn't get there in time as she fell to the floor unconscious.

 

Jun Jin put a pillow under her head and ran to get her phone which was on her dresser. He dialed a fellow doctor and told him that he will be bringing a patient in that was very important. After he hung up he went downstairs to Broots and told him what has happened and that he is taking Miss Kim to the hospital.

 

At the hospital...

 

When Jun Jin arrived at the hospital his doctor friend was waiting outside for him. He parked the car and jumped out . He went over to the passenger door, opened it and took Miss Kim out of the car.

"Jun Jin, is this the patient?" he said as he looked from Miss Kim to Jun Jin.

 

"Yes." said Jun Jin as he held Miss Kim.

 

"Ok, Let's get her in a room." They both went inside the hospital and in one of the empty rooms on the bottom level and Jun Jin carried Miss Kim to the bed. He laid her down and stood back. The doctor took blood samples from her arm and then got her comfortable. He then left Miss Kim and Jun Jin alone. Jun Jin found a chair and sat next to Miss Kim's bed for 3 hours. The doctor came back a little after 3 hours. He had bad news from the way that the doctor looked.

 

"Well, I had a sinking feeling about this. But, Miss Kim was poisoned." the doctor said.

 

"Poisoned? What was she poisoned by?" Jun Jin asked stunned.

 

"Well, it looks like a poisonous plant ended up in her stomach. It is not deadly but she is weak and has some difficulty in breathing. You brought her here in time so that we can get rid of the poison and she will be able to leave in a few days." said the doctor.

 

"Thank you, doctor Lee." says a relieved Jun Jin.

 

"Jun Jin, you know you can call me, Minwoo. We have known each other for years." said Dr. Lee.

 

"Well, thank you anyway, Minwoo." he gave Minwoo a hand shake and Minwoo left the room. Jun Jin went and sat down in the chair and closed his eyes. After an hour he opened his eyes when he heard a voice. It was coming from Miss Kim.

 

"Jun Jin, what happened? Why am I in a hospital?" she said in a soft voice.

 

"You were poisoned. I got you here and my friend was able to get all of the poison washed out of your system." said Jun Jin softly.

 

"Thank you, Jun Jin" she said and then fell back asleep.

 

"Your welcome, Miss Kim" and then he too closed his eyes and slept.

 

To be continued...

 

So, for those confused:

The New Pretender Catherine  is Hye Kyung Lee

Miss Parker is Hyuna Kim (but Miss Parker's first name was never known in the tv show)

Sydney Greene is Jun Jin

Jarod Russell is Kris Wu

Mr. William Raines is Seunghyun Choi (T.O.P)

Broots is Andy Lee

Kyle (Jarod's deceased brother) is Kevin Woo

Major Charles (first name was never known in the show) is Eric Mun

Emily (Jarod's sister) is Minzy

Dr. Ryan Stevens is Minwoo Lee

Catherine Parker (Miss Parker's deceased mother) is Riko Kim

Margaret Russell (Jarod's mother) is Hyori

 

As I mentioned before, the names before are from the tv show, I just added Korean names in place of them.

 

Please leave me some feedback on what you thought of the story so far.

Thanks.

 

And as always....

 

 

 

                                                             SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT!!!!