The Encounter

When will the sun shine again?!

There he stood flawlessly by the entrance of the club; his eyes were busy searching for someone. His handsome smile was visible from where I was sitting. It was like the entire lighting of the club dimmed down and the spotlight was on him. I eye him up and down a few times….. It really has been quite some times since I last seen him… when he spot that random person he was looking for, he wave and walk over. I watch his every move…which was not a good idea. Tiffany ran toward his embrace and hugged him. Her eye smile was evident, he plant a soft kiss on her lips and interlock their fingers together, smile sweetly at one another. They turn in our direction and wave toward the birthday boy, they were walking our way. I forced myself to look away…. Tears were threating to fall and I can hear the sound of my heart shattering… I smile bitterly and drink the bottle of soju present on the table uncaring who it belong to. Liquor is the only medicine that can help me forget the image I just saw.

“Happy Birthday!”  I can hear them both shout out in unison behind me.

“Yahhhah Khun, why did you not tell us about it? I thought we were ONEDay and shouldn’t have secret” Seulong Oppa teases. They both laugh shyly

“Welcome to the family,” Changmin Oppa’s voice can be heard. Their voice was coming close to our booth

“Hee-ah, do you want to leave? We can distract them while you plan your get away….” Yubin Unnie whisper to me. i shook my head… “No, I’ll stay, when will I get to see you girls again?” I quietly states, secretly hoping they would not spot us.

“Ahn Sohee….?” A voice boom behind me… that voice…. That wonderful voice that I missed so much over the past few months… the voice I grew to love so much but now it is like a nightmare.

“Sohee?” Ahn SoHee?”  Just my luck, I slowly turn toward the owner of the voice, slightly bow to them both

“annyeonghaseyo” I gave them my most cheerful happy greeting with a huge smile on my face.

“Wahhhhahha it has been so long… how have you been? It’s so rare to see you, after you left JYP’s” He question. After I gather all my courage and put on my best poker face.

“Haha I’ve been busy…. Soooo…. Haha Khun Oppa… Are you going to introduce our “sister-in-law to us?” I tease “Come join us at the booth. The JYP’s family is all here.” I motion them to come over and sit. I swear nothing is going my way; they sat right across from me, right in my view sight. I heave a sigh and smile sweetly at them.

“Sooooooo Oppa are you going to tell us what happened… how did it happen…?” I said a little too cheerfully. The other ONEDay oppa all join us at the booth and half wanting to know the real story behind their relationship and the other motive was to keep an eye out for me. They all give me a worried look while Wooyoung Oppa was secretly asking me if I was okay with his sign languages. I gave them a small smile and look toward the newly announced couple. They really look good together…

“Haha it looks like I’m telling a story to little kids….but I’ll tell you guys the story another time. Today should be all about Jang Wooyoung. It is his birthday.” They both laugh while their fingers were still interlocked and smiling too sweetly at one another.

“Yahhah get a room or something…. You guys are too lovely dovely. Gahhhah I think I just puked in my mouth a little” Jay threw in a little remark which cause everyone to laugh. The jokes carry on and the table was full of laughters.

 I watch as Tiffany whisper something into his ear. He was cutely pouting at her and gave her his best puppy eyes look. She smiles at his actions then give him a little peck on the lips before she excused herself. His eyes followed her until she was out of sight before turning and looking at me. The awkward tension were there and everyone eyes were glued on us, expecting for one of us to break the silence.

“Hey…. Can we talk?” he was the first one to break the silence. “in private” he look at the other JYP family members. He stood up and walked ahead. Yubin Unnie tighten her hold of my hand and shook her head.

“You don’t have to talk to him if you’re not ready.” I gave her a small smile and gave her hand a little squeeze before I let go of her hand and follow him. I can hear the Wonder Girls’ members threatening the 2PM’s boy that if anything goes wrong they are going to skin him alive.

I followed him until we were outside of the club in the back alley. It wasn’t too dark or was it super bright. The night air was cool as it hit against my skin. His back was toward me

“Sohee-ah….?”

“Don’t worry about it… I understand. I know what you’re going to say already,” I cut him off before he got a chance to finish what he was saying. He quickly turns around and stare me straight in the eyes.

“No, we need to stop pretending that everything is okay. We need to talk and set thing straight, I’m tired of what we have become. We were friends before we even dated, now look at us. We can’t even look at one another and have a decent conversation.  I’m sorry for not admitting about talking to another girl and moving on, but Tiffany… she is not another girl. She was my best friend; she was my pillar of support when everyone was against me. She was always there and when you went away to America and when we break ups. It was not until our recent break that I realize that I love her and she is the one for me. I’m sorry…. I really am.”

“Sorry…? Sorry for what? For lying to me all these years? For making me believe that you are my Prince Charming and that everything will be okay if we were together? For moving on and leaving me in the dark for months? While you were happily with someone else, I was hoping and trying to fix our relationship. Maybe it was just me all these times but I gave my best efforts to fix what we had. Did you even loved me?” I shot back at him with anger.

“Yes, I loved you…..i really did but we grew apart. It just wasn’t the same anymore. The constant fights, break ups, and arguments, it wasn’t like how we started. Everything changed and so did we. We really just aren’t meant to be. It’s not you, it was me. You are a wonderful and amazing woman but I’m not the one for you and you’re not the one for me. I hope you find the perfect man soon and be able to bury our memories in the past.”

“Don’t start caring now when you didn’t care before. Worry about yourself and your new relationship, I’ve already bury our memories the day I found out, you guys dating. I’ve already moved on and in a relationship myself.” I lied with a poker face plastered on face. As if it was on cue, suddenly the door was swing open revealing the fashionista Gdragon, he turn and look at us.

“Oppa?” I ran over to him and linked my arm over his and smile cutely at him, confusion was clearly shown on Gdragon’s face as he look down at me. All the while looking at Khun and seeing if he is buying the story but he wasn’t. What I did next was also a surprise to myself. I leaned in and plant a kiss on his lips, after a couple seconds I pull away only to be grab back into the kiss. His hands found their ways onto my neck and pull me into a more passionate kiss. 

 

Author's note

Sorry, i haven't been updating for a while. Finals are finally done with and maybe just maybe i can finally finish this story. Again thanks for the love <3 <3 <3