Chapter Nine

My Idiot, Park Chanyeol

Chanyeol pulled away and slapped a hand over his mouth, his eyes wide and full of shock.

Junhee threw her head back laughing. “Why do you look like you robbed a bank? Come here…Park Chanyeol come here…” She grabbed his jaw and slammed her lips against his.

Chanyeol’s eyes nearly popped out of his sockets when she kissed him so forcefully. He shyly placed his hand on her bare waist and kissed her back. “Oh my God.” He whispered in-between kisses.

Junhee ran her fingers through his hair and wrapped her arms around his neck.

 

Baekhyun stood behind a tree and gawked as he shoved his fist in his mouth.

Sehun wrinkled his nose. “What the hell?”

Baekhyun smacked the guy upright. “Aish! Can you shut up and enjoy this beautiful moment?”

“Beautiful? She’s drunk and he’s taking advantage of that.” Sehun snapped.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “Are you stupid? She’s hung-over so technically, she’s only HALF drunk…and besides, she kissed him first.”

“That’s not how it works-“

“Sehun…shut...up.”

“Hyung-“ Sehun persistently tried to nag.

“I’ll buy you bubble tea.”

“H-Hm?”

 

Chanyeol pulled away and furrowed his brows; he looked her in the eye. “Junhee…Moon Junhee.” He said. “Are you sober?”

Junhee grabbed his collar. “Unicorns are…real.” She whispered before passing out in his arms.

He frowned in disappointment knowing that she kissed him because she was drunk, however, another part of him was relieved that she was drunk. How hard would she have slapped him if she found out that they kissed?

 

He picked her up and walked up the steps. Chanyeol froze when he saw his older sister standing in the living room. “N-Noona…I…I’ll get to you after-“

Yura walked over and placed a hand on his arm. Then she waved her hands as a sign that she didn’t need any help.

“Noona…” He mumbled softly.

She placed a hand on Junhee’s forehead then pointed to her room.

“Hm?” Chanyeol stared not knowing what to do, seeing her interact with him this much was odd since she rarely socialized with anyone.

 

Yura pulled Chanyeol into his bedroom, after he laid Junhee on his bed; Yura grabbed his shoulders and pulled him towards Junhee.

Chanyeol was confused at first when he leaned down to touch his forehead with Junhee’s, then he gasped. “Fever…She has a fever.” He said.

Yura nodded before looking around for something to write with. She settled for a pencil before she walked over to his wall. “Baekhyun said Junhee had fever before he fell asleep.” She scribbled messily on the walls. “I heard.”

Chanyeol nodded understandingly before running off to get a cold towel. He came back to see Yura touching Junhee’s neck. She struggled to make out the words in .

“Noona?” He squatted in front of his sister and held her arms. “Are you going to say something? Noona…say something…please. I know you can…Park Yura…” He said as he looked at her.

“S…Sw…”

Chanyeol nodded. “Y-Yeah? Noona? What are you trying to say?”

Yura turned to Junhee before looking back at her little brother. Although Chanyeol was the younger one, he looked older and had the qualities of an overprotective older brother. “Sweat.” She whispered. “Jun…”

“Junhee?”

Yura nodded. “Junhee…sweat.” She said.

“Noona...you’re talking again.” His face lit up.

Yura pointed to Junhee. “Sweat.” She whispered.

Chanyeol leaned over and touched Junhee’s cheeks and her collar bones. “Oh no…she’s hung-over with a fever…that must feel awful.” He furrowed his brows in concern. “Junhee…Moon Junhee.” He tapped her shoulder a few times.

She groaned and turned her head side to side, and then she froze when she realized how much it hurt. “Channie….Channie…” She clutched her head. “It hurts…” Junhee opened her eyes and searched for her best friend.

Chanyeol came into sight and held her hands. “Where does it hurt?” He asked.

“My head…and it’s so hot…” She kicked off the sheets and took off his button down that was now drenched in her sweat. Her hair stuck to her skin and she looked so pale.

Yura stood up and slowly walked towards his closet to find her a shirt, meanwhile Chanyeol took the towel off her head and wiped her collar bones. “You look like .” He mumbled.

Junhee frowned. “You look like too.” She whispered. “Why do you look so sad?”

“I’m not.” Chanyeol wiped her arms and pulled the blanket over her thighs. “’I’m fine.”

“Liar…”

Chanyeol looked up at her. “I don’t want to blow up in front of you when you’re sick so just pretend I’m okay, okay?”

Junhee bit her lip. “Okay.” She said softly, unconvinced that he was fine.

Yura came over holding one of Chanyeol’s muscle tees.

“Ah noona! That’s my favorite one…” Chanyeol eyed the ninja turtles that were on the muscle tee.

“…You…love her.” Yura said softly. “It’s okay.”

She placed the muscle tee on his lap before leaving.

 

Chanyeol pulled the shirt over her head. “Sleep for a bit…”

“Park Chanyeol.” Junhee said sternly, she ignored the pain and looked him in the eye. “I refuse to sleep until you tell me what’s wrong.”

“Nothing.” He said. “I’m alright.”

“You are not! Seriously…something’s up.”

“Do you wanna know what’s up? I like you okay? I love you to death, and I wish you knew. I liked you for so long, I don’t remember a time when I didn’t…so when you were with other guys having fun, I was at home boiling in anger because I knew you would come to me a few weeks later in tears because something went wrong. You would complain that all guys are the same, and that they’re all s. I hated each and every guy who made you cry. You wished for someone who would make you happy; someone who would love you forever. Someone who wouldn’t up and leave you out of nowhere, someone who wouldn’t date you for money…or because they lost a bet. You wished for someone who would love you regardless of your flaws…Moon Junhee; I’ve loved you for so long…why can’t you see that?” Chanyeol said loudly, his eyes full of tears. “I liked you for so long, why can’t you return your feelings…You’re so happy when you’re with me…why can’t you see that? I’ve made you happy all these years, why can’t you do the same for me?”

Yura stood by the door in shock. She looked over at the scared and confused Junhee, her heart ached to see her younger brother in tears and it ached even more to see such an oblivious Junhee. She liked Chanyeol too; the only thing stopping them was the ‘best friend’ label. What’s wrong with loving your best friend? She thought.

 

Junhee got on her knees so she could be at Chanyeol’s level. Even when she was kneeling on his bed, this giant was still taller than her.

“Channie…” She frowned. “Why didn’t you tell me earlier?” She whispered.

“Was it appropriate? To approach you and say I loved you when you were so happy with Kris?”

Junhee sighed and looked away. She was speechless.

 

Yura walked into the room and approached Junhee. “Junhee.” She whispered.

Junhee was at a loss for words. She stared at Yura nonchalantly for a few minutes. Was she really speaking? Is this what Yura sounded like?  “Unnie?” She whispered. “You can…talk?”

“Junhee…” Yura repeated. “You…depend on Chanyeol to be happy.” She said softly. After not talking for a few years, it took a while to get used to it again. After seeing Chanyeol all shaken up like that, Yura couldn’t stay silent. She didn’t want to see her brother so miserable and more importantly, she didn’t want Junhee to get together with some other guy. She didn’t want her to up like she did; Yura didn’t want Junhee to get traumatized.

“I messed up with myself and got myself in a situation where I couldn’t defend myself…I fear that someday, because you’re still young and silly, I fear that someday the same thing will happen to you. I don’t want you to fall for the wrong guy and have things happen to you. Chanyeol’s not that type of person, and he never will be so you don’t need to worry. He’s a genuine guy and he his love for you is pure and true. You’re the happiest around Chanyeol, and I know it’s the ‘best friend’ label that is stopping you from liking him. But what if he wasn’t your best friend? And what’s wrong with loving your best friend?”

Yura looked Junhee in the eye. “And if you ever dare look me in the eye and say that you’ve never had feelings, or never thought of dating him…you’re lying.” She said. “I’ve spend all these years watching you two…every time you guys came over…I saw you two interact, every time you guys laughed and played in the living room…I heard it all.” Yura smiled. “You laugh the hardest and smile the widest around Chanyeol…he makes you laugh so hard, but have you ever seen him laugh?”

Junhee stared at her.

“He rarely laughs, because he’s so busy making you laugh. They say comedians are the most messed up people on the inside; they go through so much to become humorous. Chanyeol has gone through years of seeing the girl of his dreams happy with some jerk; he was there for you every time you came home in tears…right? He was there for you every time some broke your heart; he was there to make you laugh. How did he become that funny? And goofy? He had to endure years of seeing you happy with someone else.” Yura said. “He thinks no one noticed, but I did. He’s so broken on the inside but in order for people around him to be happy; he has to mask it with a smile.”

Chanyeol looked away in embarrassment, never in a million years would he think his sister cared for him this much and even knew him inside and out.

“Junhee ah…Moon Junhee, imagine Chanyeol happy with some other girl. Someone who isn’t half as pretty as you, someone who has a plain personality and someone who isn’t as witty as you. Imagine Chanyeol dating your biggest enemy, someone you hate so much…yet you have to be happy for him because he’s your best friend.”

Junhee furrowed her brows and wrinkled her nose. “Stop…” She whispered. “No…stop…” She turned away.

“Feels terrible right? Well you’ve been doing this to him for a long while now… You dated other guys because you couldn’t see yourself with Chanyeol. You hung around other guys when the person you liked the most was right in front of you.” Yura chuckled. “Love is blind, but you could fix that. You’re still young and you have time to figure out who you want to be with…forever. It’s not like you have to do much anyway, the idiot you’re in love with is right here.” She patted her arm before leaving the room.

 

Junhee stepped off his bed and looked at her best friend who was turned away from her. “Channie…?” She whispered softly. “Chanyeol…”

No response.

“Chanyeol…please don’t ignore me.” She whispered on the edge of breaking down. “I didn’t know…I didn’t know you liked me…I didn’t know you had to go through all this.” She whispered. She wiped her cheeks with her forearm. “Please…Channie, please don’t be mad.”

Chanyeol stood with a stoic expression on his face; he ignored the girl who cried behind him.

“Chanyeol…” Junhee frowned. She covered her eyes with her hands and sobbed. “I’m…I didn’t know…I…” She felt like she couldn’t breathe, and the fact that the person she needed the most right now was ignoring her, hurt her even more.

She sat on the floor and covered her face with her hands. If it bothered her to imagine Chanyeol with another girl, she could have only imagined how much it would hurt to see it in real life.

 

Chanyeol turned around and stared at Junhee. His muscle tee was a little too big on her and one of the shoulder sleeves were falling off, her hair was a mess and her face was wet from all the tears. Even when she looked like this, he found her beautiful. He suddenly felt a pang of guilt run through him; he just made the girl he loved to death cry. Even if she put him through so much, at least she realized before it was too late, Chanyeol didn’t even care that she realized this late. He just felt bad to see Junhee crying because of him.

 

He sat down in front of her and held her wrists gently. “Junhee…Moon Junhee.” He said softly. “My Junhee.”

She looked up slowly. “Channie…” She whimpered before hugging him tightly. She shook in his arms as she whimpered continuously. Chanyeol smiled slightly, she sounded like a little kid who was apologizing for doing something bad.

“I’m sorry…I’ll never do it again…I didn’t know…”

Chanyeol hugged her tightly and kissed her head. “It’s fine…stop crying, pretty girls don’t look nice when they cry.”

“You went through so much.” She whispered. "It's all my fault...you must've been miserable." 

“It’s all worth it at the end if I means I get to love you.” Chanyeol reassured her. He pulled away and held her wrist gently; pulling it away he whispered “Why are you hiding? Let me see those beautiful eyes.” He grinned that goofy grin of his before kissing her.

And this time, she didn’t have to think twice about kissing him back. 


exo_k_chanyeol_flame_logo_by_jinsuke04-d

[a/n] awwwww!!!