Chapter Four

My Idiot, Park Chanyeol

“TA-DA!” Chanyeol flew into my room. “Is it nice? Is it nice? Is it nice?”

I nodded as I flipped through my textbook. Yeah, it is.”

He frowned. “Junhee…”

I looked up. “What?”

I did my hair…and …you didn’t even notice.” Chanyeol frowned and looked down at the ground before slowly walking out of my room.

“I don’t have my contacts on! Channie!”

He came back in and sat next to me. “Do you like it?” He smiled.

I chuckled. “Yeah, it’s nice.”

Chanyeol laid on his stomach as he looked around. “So much homework…Junhee you’re so last minute.”

It was a Sunday morning; he usually came over on Sundays. I sighed and nodded. “What’s new about that?” I scoffed as I finished up my calculus problems. “Gosh I hate history class so much.” I dreaded writing Cornell notes.

Chanyeol sat up and beamed “Well, I did my homework on Friday so I’m free all day!”

I shot him a glare.

“Well, I suppose I can help you.” He said as he picked up my AP Physics textbook.

I threw my arms around him. “Really?”

He looked down and nodded. “Really.”

I buried my face in the crook of his shoulder. “I LOVE YOU SO MUCH MAN.” I screamed loudly before pulling away. “Gotta get this done before two.” I mumbled.

“And why?” Chanyeol asked as he typed away on my laptop.

“Kris wants to bring me somewhere.”

“I don’t like him.” He reminded me.

“I know.”

 

We seemed to push our textbooks off our laps at the same time as we flopped down on my bed. I turned to him. “What would I do without you…”

Chanyeol grinned as he looked around. He sat up when he picked up my phone. “You got invited too?”

“Huh?”

“The senior party…oh God please don’t tell me you’re going.” Chanyeol wrinkled his nose. “Junhee, do you love me? Do you really love me? If you did you wouldn’t go…”

I snatched my phone away. “What are you talking about?” I asked as I opened up the Facebook invitation. I gawked at the number of guests coming. How many seniors are there? And how big is this guy’s mansion? “Is Exo going?” I asked.

Chanyeol shrugged. “Some of us are and some of us aren’t. I mean, it’s the annual party of seniors…this happens once a year. I guess Woohyun is hosting it this year. Rich brat.” He sat up. “I heard Kyungsoo is coming back for that party.”

I scowled. “Can you not remind me of him? I’m in love with Kris ya know…”

He stuck his tongue out. “Eh…that’s what you said about Taemin…and Junhyung…and Kyungsoo.” Chanyeol looked away. “It’s been a while since I’ve seen Kyungsoo.”

I looked down at the invitation. “Kris is going…and there’s no doubt he’s gonna ask me.” I dropped my phone on my bed. “I’m going.”

Chanyeol frowned. “And why….”

“Why not? As you said, it happens once a year so why not?”

He groaned. “That means I have to go too!”

“Gosh, you’re so overprotective; nothing’s going to happen to me!”

Chanyeol stared and raised an eyebrow. “Oh really?”

“Stop…” I mumbled as if I knew what he was about to say.

“Remember what your mother said? Her friends who have daughters who graduated before us? Remember what she said? About the ones who got pregnant and had to give up their scholarships? Or the ones that got addicted to partying and never made it through college? Junhee-ah! I want you to have a future! And your alcohol tolerance !”

I tugged on his arm. “Channie…one party’s not gonna kill me.”

“Moon Junhee!”

I pouted. “Oppa…” I said in my most cringe worthy voice. “OPPAR.LET ME GO. I MUST. MY PEOPLE NEED ME. OPPAR.”

Chanyeol pushed me away. “F-Fine, go…I’ll be there.” He sighed. “I really don’t want Kris to go, ya know that?”

I stood up and put my books away. “Kris is an amazing guy, are you jealous?”

Chanyeol stood up and grabbed his cap. “I suppose.” He mumbled. “Stupid giant.”

I rolled my eyes. “Look who’s talking.”

 

I walked down the streets with my lovely boyfriend, the one and only Kris Wu that evening. He showed me around and we even went to a frozen yogurt place when he overdosed on it.

I’m not even kidding; he probably got diabetes from eating a cup that big.

“Babe, are you going to the senior party?” Kris asked.

I looked up. “Well…You’re going, aren’t you?”

He nodded. “Come with me.” He smirked; there was something dark about the look that came from his eyes.

I raised an eyebrow. “And what if I don’t come?”

“Nothing. I just kinda want you to be there, it’s a party of a life time!” He said.

I shrugged. “Maybe, we still have a month to decide you know…”

Kris nodded. “Let’s go dress shopping or something afterwards.”

 

 

I stood in my room and put on the dress that Kris picked out. I stared at myself. “Moon Junhee…is that you?” I asked. I slipped the heels on and wobbled around. “MOON..JUNHEE?” I screamed into my reflection.

Gosh, I look like a girl! AN ACTUAL GIRL.

 

I fumbled with my phone. “Channie! CHANYEOL.”

“Yes?”

“Where are you?”

“About to leave the park, why? What’s wrong?” He sounded a bit concerned.

“Can you come over?”

I heard him bouncing the basketball as he walked faster. “What’s wrong?”

“Just come over.”

 

I hung up; you’d think I’d have a girl best friend to talk to this about…Ha no, Hanuel lives on the other side of the neighborhood and she’d kill me if I asked her to come over at this hour.

Chanyeol came in about twenty minutes later.

“J-J…J-Junhee?” He stood by the door with his basketball in hand; his eyes were about to pop out of his eye sockets. Chanyeol took the lollipop out of his mouth and walked over. “What’s this?”

“Is it bad?”

He violently shook his head as he choked out. “Y-You..You look so…pretty.” Chanyeol looked at me from head to toe. “Like…a girl.”

I slapped his arms. “I need help walking in these…help me?”

He held my arms and stepped around the house with me. “If you can’t walk in these now, what makes you think that you’ll dance in them?”

“Shut up.” I mumbled. I was getting frustrated; walking around in heels was harder than I thought.

 

Then Chanyeol said something that made my heart flutter.

“Ah don't get frustrated, my Junhee can do anything.”

My Junhee