Chapter Three

My Idiot, Park Chanyeol

I opened my eyes when I felt my body being squished; I opened one eye and noticed a white t-shirt with a duck on it. What the?!

Park Chanyeol…who else.

“Ah crap…” I mumbled. Chanyeol stirred in his sleep, my best friend really liked using me as his teddy bear growing up. But ever since high school, he’s only gotten stronger. I wrinkled my nose at his biceps, he’s gonna kill me in his sleep one day.

I gasped as he hugged me even closer. I gave his side a squeeze, he instantly flew up. “Oh my God!”

“Agh!”

 

I ended up on the floor; I looked up and furrowed my brows. “This punk…” I scowled.

Chanyeol looked around when he noticed I wasn’t here. “J-Junhee?” He looked down and gasped. “Did I just? Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry!” He grabbed me and pulled me up to my feet. “Did I hurt you?”

“Esh…” I gave his biceps a punch which didn’t do anything because I just ended up hurting myself.

Chanyeol smirked with his bed hair. “I told you I lift.” He grinned cheekily before flexing. I rolled my eyes. “Did you tell your mother that you were gonna stay the night?” I asked.

Chanyeol looked at me. “Hm?”

“Does she know you stayed the night and almost squished me to death in your sleep?”

He slapped a hand over his mouth. “She probably thinks I got kidnapped again!”

“More like she thinks you’re stuck in a janitor’s closet.” I chucked my phone at him. “Here!”

 

My mother raised an eyebrow when Chanyeol and I walked downstairs at the same time. His messy bed hair and his wrinkled t-shirt didn’t help at all.

“Junhee…I thought your boyfriend was Kris.” She spoke up.

I choked on my orange juice and that stuff went everywhere.

Chanyeol grabbed a tissue and wiped me clean. “Gosh Junhee…such a messy eater.”

I glared at him before turning to my mother. “He is. Channie just stayed last night because after I was done teaching him how to do a physics problem, he was exhausted. I can’t kick him out!”

“Aigoo…And Kris, he’s like the fifth boyfriend since freshmen year, Junhee are you sure about him?” My mother asked.

Chanyeol counted his fingers. “Junhyung…Kyungsoo…Taemin…and now Kris. Ah mom it’s  actually four.”

Chanyeol’s always referred to my mother as ‘mom’ for a while now; I guess that’s what happens when you’re that close to someone.

I turned to him and furrowed my brows. “You’re not helping.” I whispered.

He grabbed an orange slice and shoved it in my mouth. “Mom, do you like Kris?”

She put her bowl down and put her hands together. “Well, I don’t know about him. I’ve only seen him when he brings Junhee home, he’s tall and his blonde hair is just, hm… He must have bad grades.”

 “Mom! Just because Kris dyes his hair that doesn’t mean he’s a bad student! Channie’s hair is dyed too…”

“At least it’s not some absurd yellow color!”

 

I walked Chanyeol home before going on a date with Kris.

“Where are you going after this?” He asked on the way home, he had his textbook in hand, I wondered if he even remembered how to use all the formulas.

“Kris said he’d bring me somewhere.”

Chanyeol nodded silently and turned away.

“What’s wrong with Kris? You were never like this with my other ex-boyfriends.” I said.

He turned to me. “I just don’t like him for some reason, okay?”

I sighed. “How’s Yura?”

 

I normally didn’t bring his older sister up as a topic to speak about often. Yura got ually assaulted two years ago, ever since then…nothing’s been normal when it came to her.

 

She didn’t eat often.

She didn’t speak much.

She didn’t go out.

 

She said she wanted to be a news reporter but that’s down the drain, whatever happened to her must’ve scarred her for life.

She doesn’t say much either, whenever we ask her about it, all she says is “college student”.

 

Yura’s quiet, although she’s a few years older than us; she’s quiet and rarely talks. All she does is sit in her room all day and stare into space. Sometimes, I’d come over and see her looking through textbooks. Her eyes were dead and lifeless all the time.

 

Chanyeol stared at the ground. “Noona still doesn’t talk to me, I miss her a lot. All we know is that the guy who assaulted her was a college student, but that’s too board because there are so many of them here.”

I nudged his arm. “I hope we find him soon…you’ll give him a piece of your mind.” I said softly.

He nodded. “Hopefully…it’s been two years…I don’t think I’ll ever come in contact with the college student. Mom’s doing whatever she can to help her and dad’s always at work.” Chanyeol sighed. “And I want to do music. Mom says not many people are successful in the music industry.”

“I believe in you.” I said. “I’ve heard you sing in the shower before, it’s…actually good; your voice.” I chuckled.

He looked over at me and sighed. “Junhee, why Kris? I still don’t understand.”

I looked away. “Are you gonna bother me about this until the day I die?”

Chanyeol huffs. “You make it sound like you’re gonna marry the guy.” He whines.

“Maybe I will…Junhee Wu!”

He cringes. “That sounds terrible.”

I frowned. “Are you saying that I’m gonna be forever alone?”

“What do you mean forever alone? You’re gonna be with me.” He said before running off.

 

I shook my head as I watched my best friend run into his house. “What an idiot.”