chapter twelve

My Idiot, Park Chanyeol

Junhee jumped when Chanyeol came flying into her room.

“Speaking of the devil.” Haneul chuckled. “Well, I’m just…going to leave you two alone.” She patted Chanyeol’s on the way out. “Treat her well or I’m gonna hunt you in broad daylight and rip your kidneys out.” She turned around. “Have fun!”

 

Chanyeol smiled. “Morning.”

Junhee turned around. “Hey.”

“Let’s go somewhere.” He grabbed her hand.

“But I look terrible!”

Chanyeol pushed her hair back. “You look so beautiful without any make up on…Just needed you to know that.” He grinned. “Let’s go.”

 

They walked down the streets of Seoul hand in hand. “Where are we going?”

Chanyeol pointed. “That shop…right there.” He said. “Remember what you said when you were eleven?”

Junhee shook her head. “No…?”

When she was eleven, it was the worst year of her life; her father passed away and her family seemed to fall apart. She remember little to nothing about that year, all she thought about was seeing her mother cry and break down in front of her, it hurt Junhee mentally more than anything to see someone as strong as her mother break and shatter into pieces.

Chanyeol gave her hand a squeeze. “At the funeral…you said you wanted a puppy.” He said careful not to remind her of anything. “You said you wanted an Alaskan husky.” He said.

Junhee turned to him. “You remember?”

“Of course.”

 

They walked into the shop. Chanyeol sat Junhee down and held her hands. “Wait here.”

Junhee looked around. “Why?” She whispered.

“I have a surprise.”

 

She looked around the shop; it was a café and an animal shelter. Junhee smiled as the barista came by with two glasses of ice tea. “You must be Junhee.” The barista placed the glass in front of her. “You’re very lucky to have a boyfriend like Chanyeol.”

Junhee flushed pink. “Um…we’re not…dating.”

“Are you sure about that?”

“Hm?”

“Chanyeol’s been coming here since…January? It’s been a long six months but he comes here at least once a week, he adopted a puppy here and he comes a lot to take care of it and to bring it toys and what not.” The barista said. “He named the puppy June, he’s a pomsky; a mix between an Alaskan husky and a Pomeranian.”

Junhee gasped. “Really?”

She nodded. “He comes to play with the puppy, and when we ask if he wants to take him home he always says he’s not ready for some reason.”

Junhee stirred her ice tea around. “A puppy…”

 

Chanyeol came in with a puppy in his arms. “June, would you like to meet someone special?” He held up the dog and kissed its nose before setting it on the couch Junhee was sitting on.

Junhee stared at the dog. She didn’t know what surprised her more; the puppy itself or the tag it wore that said “Will you date my dad?”

“Channie…” She whispered.

Chanyeol sat down next to the puppy. “June, mum’s in shock can you beg her?”

The little dog stood on its hind legs and placed its paws on Junhee’s shoulder. It whimpered a few times before her cheek.

Junhee picked him up and hugged him. “Aw…how could I say no to you?”

Chanyeol smiled. “Turn the tag over.” He said softly.

She did as she was told and read the little message on the back. “Yay! I have a mum now!”

Chanyeol leaned over and kissed her cheek. “You finally got that puppy.” He grinned.

Junhee teared up as she looked at June again. “He’s so cute.” The puppy her cheek once again and even barked.

“We’re taking him home today…and I think he would like it if he stayed with you.” Chanyeol said. “Right?” He leaned over and eyed the puppy. “You spend so much time with dad you need to bond with mum right?”

June barked as if he knew what he was saying. Junhee laughed and hugged the fur ball close to her. “Aw…Channie…” She leaned over and gave him a kiss. “Thank you…so much.” She whispered.

 

Chanyeol smiled cheekily as he hooked on a blue leash to June’s collar. “Let’s go home.” He said as he picked up a bag of the husky’s toys. He handed the leash to Junhee before grabbing her hand. “Goodness, my hands are full so I can’t hold onto June.” He winked.

Junhee laughed as they left the store. “Crap, this is so unexpected I don’t know what to do.”

“Can’t wait until June grows up, I heard they’re good for cuddles.”

 

Junhee unlocked her front door and walked in. The puppy excitedly ran up the stairs to her room.

“Omo! What was that?” Her mother came flying into the living room. “Did you see that?”

“Chanyeol…and I got a puppy.” Junhee smiled, she was still at a loss for words. “His name is June, and he’s a pomsky.”

Her mother put her hands together. “Oh goodness, really?” She took her apron off and chucked it somewhere. “Can I see him?”

Chanyeol nodded. “He’s probably somewhere upstairs running around.”

 

Her mother walked up the steps and squealed to see something as adorable as June, the little puppy walked around in circles in the hallways in confusion.

“June…this is your new home.” Chanyeol said. “You get to live with mum!”

Junhee bend over and picked the puppy up. “Look, let me show you my room.” She said softly before opening her door, she placed the little guy down and chuckled as June ran up to her bed, he stood on his hind legs because he wasn’t big enough to jump up.

Her mother walked over and placed the fur ball on her bed. “Aw, aren’t you just so precious.”

 

Junhee turned to face Chanyeol, it was only now that she realized how extremely lucky she was so have someone like him in her life. 


exo_k_chanyeol_flame_logo_by_jinsuke04-d

[a/n] hello everybody! meet June! :