Chapter 21

Holding My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello ^^ I didn't do a second reading for this and the last part was a bit rushed. I apologize.

I hope you like it! enjoy~ don't forget to upvote if you like my story. 

 

SEHUN’S POV

2:28 am. I checked the time before sighing.

She didn’t come.

I shifted in the driver’s seat, keeping one hand on the wheel and the other resting on my leg holding my phone. I had to leave but I was hesitant for a moment. My phone made a beep indicating a message. My eyes lit up for a second but soon dropped. It was from Jun.

[2:30] Are you awake?

Instead of texting him, I called.

“Hey”

“Where are you? I haven’t seen you in a while”

“You know I am busy” I sighed closing my eyes shut.

“Jihee has been asking about you these days. She is really mad! What happened?”

“I really don’t want to talk about that now” I said dryly

“What’s wrong? You sound weird”

“Nothing”  I murmured.   

I wanted to tell him what was wrong with me so bad. I wanted to tell him that I love my manager and I want her to become mine instead of anyone else’s. But did it matter?

He would say that I am wrong and what I am doing is a big mistake.  He is always so honest with me.

What I am thinking now won’t change anything! It won’t change the fact that she won’t come. I shouldn’t have fought with her. Wasn’t like I didn’t know how it was going to end anyway, but the pain in my chest throbbed as I heard Jun talking to me about his new girlfriend. My feelings and thoughts had all twisted up into a mess.

Jun suddenly stopped talking for a while before continuing “Are you listening to me?”

“Yeah, but I have to go now! I will see you tomorrow ok?” I didn’t even wait for him to reply to end the call.

Reaching out in the seat beside me, I found my cigars and matches. I lit one and smoked in silence for a while before turning my car on and driving back to the dorm.

I stopped in front of our dorm’s door and opened it slowly before jumping as someone switched the entrance lights on. Luhan stepped forward.

“You scared the hell out of me!” I complained as I left the door swing shut behind me. “What are you doing standing around in the dark?”

“I was thirsty” he beamed checking me out.

“What” I gave him a weird look before heading to the stairs.

“Where were you?” I stopped then turned around facing him.

“Out with Jun” I said easily

“Junmyeon called him asking about you, but he said you are not with him” I cursed under my breath. That stupid kid!

I moistened my bottom lip before replying “Well, I had something to do”

“Are you dating someone secretly?” 

“No”

“What’s your deal then?”

“What do you mean?”

He paused for a while looking straightly into my face.  “You know that your actions impact us all as a whole group. You should reflect on the outcomes before doing anything.”

 I rolled my eyes at him without saying anything.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

“Many people are having a hard time because of what you did”

“Is this about your girlfriend?”

“Our manager is always scolding her because of you”

“So?  That’s her work” I said as calmly as I could before standing up.  “I think you should worry more about what people say about your girlfriend behind her back”

“What?”

“She came to work here just to be with you again, she is a greedy stalker and a….”

In a swift, Luhan grabbed my shirt’s collar daring me to repeat what I said.

“That’s what people in SM say about her, not me” I said smirking then releasing his grip from my shirt. “I am tired, good night”

The sun was out; shining brightly, but it didn’t chase away the chill in the air of the morning.  The image of her was forever seared into my brain. I slid my hands down my face as I turned, letting the water hit my back. I woke up late this morning and everyone already left to the meeting this morning. Even though I knew I would be scolded by our manager, I didn’t care. For the first time, since the day I debuted, I didn’t want t to go to work. I didn’t want to see the faces of the other trainees looking down on me. I didn’t want to watch my friend’s eyes full of sympathy or the disappointed look on my manager’s face.

I sighed, going out of the bathroom.


As I walked into the meeting room, everyone looked at me then back to the manager.

“You are late.”

“I woke up late” I rolled my eyes then sat on the chair next to Jongdae.

 I didn’t want to look up to the corner of the table. I didn’t want to meet eyes with her, I was afraid … Afra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter