Chapter 16

Holding My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
EXO'S COMEBAAAACK!!!  Finally an update!! i am so sorry, i was so busy as usual 

anyways, i really enjoyed writing this chapter !! ALOT so i hope you like it too 

PLEASE upvote and comment! :D

see you~~ 

HARI'S POV

January was not a normal month for me and the boys. They were extremely busy with practice and photo shoots for the new album. My relationship with Luhan was stable, some days we would meet in my place and he would spend the night with me, and some other days we never meet and talk privately, he was busy with his next comeback and I was busy working and preparing everything they need. So basically, everything was all about work and the new album. What was weirder is that my relationship with Sehun got better. Not that better, but he actually started talking to me and says hi whenever he sees me. Since that night, I felt as if we got a little bit closer to each other. He would sometimes tease me and start a fight with me but afterwards, he would ask me to come and watch him practicing late at night when everyone leaves. At first I got choked when he asked me that but then I got used to it, I would always go on my own to the practice room and check if he was there.

One night, after Luhan called me and said that he was leaving. I grabbed all the papers that I need to study for the night and went to the practice room as usual. Without knocking, I went in. Sehun was not there. The feeling of sadness grew inside me. I took a step back to leave when Sehun appeared behind me. Startled, I didn’t say a word.

“I went to look for you” He beamed scratching the back of his head.

“Oh”  I smiled “ I came here to look for you too” he hummed before going to turn the music on.

I went to sit down on one of the couches inside the room. I put the papers aside, wondering why did i even brought them with me here. I always bring them whenever I come to watch him but never actually read them. The music started, and as usual, I was captivated by Sehun’s moves following every beat. He would sometimes slow down his rhythm then speed it up a bit. My eyes moved up to watch his face. I have always liked the way his eyes look when he is focusing on his dancing. He would bit his bottom lip or push his tongue out of his mouth. These past few days I spent watching him practice made me learn every expression his face does. I blushed.

“Want to try?” His voice cut me off my thoughts.

“What?”

“Dancing, you want to try? “ His face was expressionless as usual.

“I can’t , I can’t dance” I retorted shoving my hand to him.

“Come on” He insisted , his blank face still on.

“No !!” I said as he walked closer and grabbed my hand to make me stand up. He pushed me towards the center of the room where he was standing and then went to turn the song on again. I looked at my reflection on the mirror in front of me as Sehun walked and stood behind me. He put his hands on my shoulder and whispered “We’ll start with the first steps, it’s easy” I just nodded not knowing why I was trembling when his breath touched the back of my neck.

He stood next to me and moved along the music as I watched his reflection on the mirror. He nodded his head telling me to copy him. I tried but it was in vain. He showed me the same move again and I did what I thought was correct but this time he started laughing. I glared at him and tried over and over again.

“Stop laughing!!” I yelled as he almost fell down on the floor out of laughing so hard.

“Wait , I will help you” He stepped behind me . I almost jumped as I felt his hot hand on my cold waist. I looked at his face through the mirror as he showed me how to move my body. His hand traveled towards my shoulder and helped me position my head. He swayed his body with me as if we were both dancing together. It felt weird and good being this close to him. I hoped he wouldn’t feel my trembling or my rushed heartbeat. I closed my eyes, as I followed his pace, his hands moving from my shoulder towards my waist. I took in his sent mixed with sweat. It did not smell bad at all.

“See, it’s easy” He whispered behind my ear, a smile flashing on his face. In that moment I felt happy, calm and I wanted to stay like that, between his hands… forever.

In a swift and gentle move, he turned me around to face him. Our eyes met for what felt like ages. His hand still around my waist and his face looking down, inches away from mine.  In that second, I don’t know what happened; my brain went blank, and I started closing the distance between our faces, my eyes not leaving his lips.  I stopped. What am I doing? I moved my head back and looked into his eyes. The look they got was unfathomable. He didn’t move. I didn’t. We stayed like that looking into each other’s eyes.

“I …should leave” I mumbled between my breaths as I felt how weird it was to stay in that position for a long while with him.

“Yes” He answered shortly and moved away, his back facing me. I hate it when he does that.

I stood there for a while, not knowing what to say or do. I am sure he noticed that I was about to kiss him but he didn’t move or react. I felt stupid. My eyes got teary looking at his back. He even refused to look at me, so I left.

What’s happening to me? I thought as I went out of SM walking towards the bus station. I looked up and saw the room lights were still on. He is still there…

The next morning, we acted as if nothing happened. It was normal; I went with them to the Music Video shooting area.

“You didn’t call me last night” Luhan beamed as he sat down next to me. He finished recording

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter