Chapter 8

Holding My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HARI’S POV

“You know, your manager doesn’t like it when someone touches his stuff, specially his work papers” I glared at jongin before looking back at the screen in front of me. 
Sitting on the seat of his own manager, Jongin leaned comfortably on the backseat as he was checking the papers on the desk and throwing them messily everywhere. I sighed and walked to him grabbing the papers and ordering them again.
“What’s wrong?” I rolled my eyes.
“I am bored” he pursed his lips and sighed before continuing “Noona has a photo shoot.”
I hummed before turning back to my desk. It’s been almost two months now since I first came to SM and met the boys; everything was going really well with my work. I got closer to Jongin since the day he and Elena made up, whenever she is busy, he comes to spend his free time with me.  Last week, she received the divorce papers from her husband’s attorney. We all thought he might have felt guilty after hitting her that’s why he let her go. Jongin and Elena were thrilled. However they are still hiding their secret, they will just wait for more weeks before revealing it to the others. 
Luhan has been talking to me normally after that incident, like nothing happened. I thought, he might have felt that what he did was wrong and we should just forget about it. So, I did. 
Though, I have been trying to avoid him for the past weeks but it was in vain since I always come across him each time I come to work. Sometimes, I see him sneaking glances at me whenever I am with them but I just ignore him.
A vibration cut my flow of thoughts; I glanced at my phone which lit up revealing Tao’s name on the screen. Rolling my eyes, I picked up.
“Did you have lunch?” He asked excitedly 
“No, I was waiting for your call” I beamed sarcastically. 
“Really? Ha-ha, ok I am coming” he said before hanging up the phone.
Tao has been asking to have lunch with me almost every day now, and of course I pay. Each time, he tells me either he forgot his wallet or he hasn’t enough money to pay. What mostly bothers me is he would always end up talking about Luhan and my past with him even though I try my best avoiding the subject.
“Who called?” I glanced at Jongin who was lying lazily on the seat, his eyes half closed.
“Tao, we’ll have lunch together” I replied before continuing “you didn’t eat too, do you want to have lunch with us?”
“Sure” he replied without hesitation.
“I will order food” I said while grabbing my phone.
“You will pay?” 
“Yeah”
“Of course” Jongin said chuckling.
“What’s so funny?” 
“Tao doesn’t want to waste his money so he asks everyone to pay for him. And if you want him to keep one of your secrets, you have to buy him food or pay for his shopping list.”
I sighed. So that’s why. In order to keep my secret, I have to buy him lunch each day.
After a while Tao came and we went out to one of the rooms to eat. We ordered Bonchon Chicken since Jongin likes it a lot. They took the pieces of chicken and started torning them apart, consuming them by a grunting.
“So?” Tao started and we both looked at him blankly. 
“What did you do today?” he continued smiling.
I rolled my eyes at him before looking at my unfinished chicken ”work”
“And you don’t usually eat lunch with us” he said glancing at Jongin.
“I just thought of eating with noona today”
“How sweet” Tao said sarcastically “Hmm…I saw Luhan hyung talking to trainees earlier” 
Here we go again. I glared at him to make him stop talking about Luhan now, especially since Jongin is here with us. 
“And?” Jongin replied, his mouth full of food.
“He was flirting with one of them, I think he is dating her”
“Naah I don’t think so” Jongin said chewing the last piece of chicken
“What do you think?” Tao beamed looking at me.
“How should I know?” I sighed. What’s he trying to do now?
“I thought you knew since you two are close” He smiled at me.
“No we are not” I scoffed at him.
“That you mention it, I always see hyung glancing at you” Jongin noted blinking at me
“No he is not” I simply said looking at the empty plate in front of me, avoiding every eye contact so they won’t feel my frustration. 
“He acts weird when he is around you” Tao retorted adding to Jongin’s words.
“I said no!!! Can you stop?” I stood up yelling at them.
“What’s wrong?” Jongin followed me to the door and grabbed my hand. “Are you ok?”
“I am ok” I opened the door and left the room, I  felt steps following me to my office and when I entered, Jongin followed me in and closed the door.
“What happened to you? Are you mad?” he said worriedly.
“No…Am sorry for yelling at you, like that”
“Hmm it’s ok” he said before sitting on his manager’s seat, while I stared blankly at the screen in front of me. Minutes passed.
“It’s about Luhan” I blurted out without thinking. I don’t even know how I said that and why. But, I felt like I should tell him. I couldn’t hide it anymore specially that we are friends now. I just needed to share this with someone closer to me. Maybe it won’t be a big deal for him, however it is for me, it is my past, there was something between Luhan and I and I can’t pre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter