Chapter 11

Holding My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HARI’S POV

 

This morning I was running later than expected and had to run to the bus stop. My pace evened out when I saw the bus coming nearer. Sometimes, I really wish I had a car.
I stepped on the bus and took a seat, it was the first time ever that I was late, and I hope the manager doesn’t get angry at me. Closing my eyes shut, waiting for my stop, I remembered the moments I spent with Luhan yesterday. He was so kind and loving, and he even asked to spend more time with me from now on to make up for the things we have missed for the past 5 years. Smiling at the thought of seeing him again today, the bus stopped and I hopped out of it heading to SM.

Bursting into the hall of the building, I sighed that I finally made it. Picking up my pace to the office I felt eyes looking at me. I turned around to see a group of trainees glancing at my direction; I shot them a glare before turning around to keep walking. Looking around, my breath hitched as I felt more eyes on me. Everyone was gossiping about something and somehow, I felt that it concerns me. What’s going on?

“Hari!!!” Chanyeol’s voice startled me from behind.  “Manager hyung is looking for you” He continued panting.

“Where is he??” he pointed at one of the rooms. I sighed and followed him there.
Entering the room, all eyes were on me. Everyone was there, and by everyone, I meant all EXO. My eyes laid on Luhan’s before he smiled gently at me, as if he was reassuring me on something. I didn’t know what was going on but it felt really weird. My attention moved back to the manager who was standing next to Luhan. I walked closer to him.

“I am sorry I was late today” I beamed first and he nodded.

“Actually we are here to speak about something else” I furrowed my eyebrows and looked around to everyone worriedly.

“About you and Luhan” My heart stopped for a while, I looked at Luhan eyes wide. He can’t be the one who told him this.
The manager took out something from his pocket and handed it to me. It was the photo of Luhan and I back in 2007. It cannot be possible; the photo was in my bag the whole time. Someone took it??

“And there are lots of copies all over SM” he continued. Copies? What?

“I understand that you two knew each other before, and had that kind of relationship… but now-“  He stopped talking before looking at Luhan than back to me. “You and Luhan have a professional relationship, I mean you work here, and I hope dating each other won’t affect your job. Do you understand? “ Dating? We are not even dating.

“We are not dating” I beamed at him

“But he told me that you are ” He said glancing at Luhan. I looked at the brown eyed boy next to me and he nodded flashing me a smile.

“Look, I am not against it, and the boys are ok with it too. But this relationship should not affect your work, and I already talked to him about it.”

“Don’t worry” Luhan muttered.

“Good. If anything happens, I will be taking other actions” He said glaring at me. I nodded before looking down as he left the room. I sighed in relief as I felt Luhan hands on my shoulder patting them reassuring me.

“Woah~ He is really scary sometimes” Baekhyun beamed at us before holding both of our shoulders with his hands. “You really fooled me. You should have told us about her” He said to Luhan messing up his hair. Laughing at his childish acts I looked around and my eyes landed on someone. His expressionless features were so sharp and distinctive; it was as if there was a cold aura surrounding him making it difficult to even go nearer to him. Sehun was just glaring at me.

“What’s wrong?” Luhan asked

“Nothing” I shook my head. “so? dating?” I continued.  He closed the distance between our faces and snuggled into my neck whispering “After everything that happened between us. We should keep meeting and we will see what things will turn into eventually” he winked.

The loud slam of the door made me jump. Sehun left.

“I really don’t understand that boy” Baekhyun beamed behind us.

“He is always in a bad mood” Chanyeol added

“He has been drinking again. Yesterday, he got back to the dorm drunk” Jongin came closer and joined their conversation.
So they knew about it? I wondered.

“Yeah he had a fight with Junmyeon last night. It was crazy” Baekhyun retorted

“I couldn’t sleep because of their voices” Chanyeol exclaimed cracking his neck. “I woke up really tired today”

“We should start practicing” Junmyeon rushed them “ He will come back soon don’t worry about him”

“I have to go” I said moving my attention back to Luhan who intertwined his fingers in mine.

“Ok, I will see you later” He looked into my eyes deeply before sealing a kiss on my cheek.

“Eww” Tao commented bypassing us. I rolled my eyes at him and left the room.

 

If I were to list the advantages of being EXO’s manager, I would choose the excitement of it as the top of the list; I have never been annoyed or bored while working with them. It might be because of their busy schedules. They have tons of photo shoots, interviews and music shows every week. Not to mention they travel a lot almost every month, it wouldn’t be weird if they have their breakfast in Korea, Lunch in China and dinner in HongKong. One of the other things is that all of them have different characters from one to another, on stage and off stage. I had lots of fun knowing them and studying each of their personalities, Jongin; the warmhearted dongsaeng, who has been kind to me since my first days here. I like it when he wrinkles his no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter