Pink

I Love My Chat Pal
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I Will Always Love and Support Wu Yi Fan as Well as EXO. He Will Always Be Part of EXO, No Matter What Happens - OT12 Forever.

 

 

----- Chapter Nine -----

 

 

                Chanyeol stayed real quiet in the dressing room. He just sat around the corner after he got dressed and done with his makeup. He hunched his back, looking down. His eyebrows curled. His face was really serious.

                The members couldn’t do anything but to sympathize with their dear K rapper. They couldn’t blame him. He was very excited for this day to come and he was really looking forward for this CF filming. But fate seemed to dislike Chanyeol that it destroyed the entirety of his expectations.

                Baekhyun, being the closest to Chanyeol, gathered his guts to approach the distressed member in hopes of cheering him up. He stood behind him and tapped his back.

                “Yah, Park Yoda,” Baekhyun tried to lift the atmosphere by teasing the member.

                “Yeah?” Chanyeol responded weakly.

                Baekhyun then dragged a chair and placed it beside the giant and sat on it. “Cheer up, happy virus,” he remarked as he wrapped his arm around Chanyeol’s shoulders.

                “Tsk,” Chanyeol forced a small laugh as he elbowed Baekhyun. “I’m fine, Baekhyun. Don’t make a move on me,” he joked.

                Baekhyun laughed at his friend’s silly statement and shook the giant’s shoulders. “Time’s almost up. Get ready for the filming,” Baekhyun informed him. He tapped the taller boy as he stood up from his chair.

                Chanyeol heaved a deep sigh and cheered himself up. With his energy slowly coming back, he yanked off his chair and stood up actively.

                “I’m ready!” He cried.

                The members chuckled with relief as they found the boy smiling again.

                “Now, now. All hyped up already?” Chen commented, eyeing the K rapper.

                Chanyeol lift his pumped fist up and smiled widely. “Of course, Dara-noona’s gonna be watching! I need to do my best and impress her!” he insisted.

                The boys smiled at the giant. They were all happy and glad that Chanyeol was really someone who can’t stay sad and down for a long time. Chanyeol’s not called EXO’s Happy Virus for nothing.

                Kris eyed his fellow giant and somehow envied him. No matter what the situation is, Chanyeol is always optimistic. Kris admired him for that, and also his determination and boldness when it comes to Dara. Kris was just someone who keeps his emotions bottled in. He doesn’t want to express what he really feels – and he hated it. That is why he really admired Park Chanyeol.

                Not a long while after, one of the staff went to their dressing room and informed them to go to the set already, for the filming will start soon. The members nodded and followed the staff. Their manager bid his goodbye to the members since he had things to discuss with their sajang-nim.

----------------------------

                The cast of the CF gathered around the director. EXO-K was all dressed to the theme accordingly. EXO-M however was not yet dressed well since they will be filming after K. Park Shin Hye was stunning and cute in her beautiful outfit. She was indeed a perfect fit for the ‘Pink’ theme. She had her hair down, and her makeup was minimal, looking so natural and innocent.

                The director called for EXO-K and Park Shin Hye. And the idols obediently went. Before Chanyeol did so, he glanced at Dara, who had her hair in rolled up in curlers in preparation for her turn. The K giant was still mesmerized by her, no matter how little to no makeup she wore or how unprepared her hair and outfit were. But he was startled when he saw Dara glanced at him and smiled. His heart melted, and he automatically smiled and bowed down. Dara, catching the tall guy looking at her, raised her fist and mouthed “Fighting!”

                Chanyeol froze at her gesture that stayed motionless in his place. Luckily, Baekhyun noticed his embarrassing state so he immediately grabbed Yeol’s arm and dragged him to the set.

----------------------------

                Dara was just sitting down somewhere near the set to watch the others film. When EXO-K and Shin Hye were summoned, she looked at them. She suddenly felt uneasy because she had the feeling that someone was looking at her. She looked around and found this certain giant staring at her. At first, she wasn’t sure if Chanyeol was actually looking at her, but when she realized it, she just smiled at the boy and cheered him up – since she didn’t really know how to react and she didn’t know him personally. She laughed silently at the boy’s cute reaction. But she tried to compose herself and refrain from laughing.

----------------------------

                When EXO-K and Shin Hye were called, M decided to watch them film and sit around the set. Kris found an empty seat and was about to take it when he noticed that Dara was actually sitting on the next seat beside it. His instinct told him not to take the seat, and just find another one – far from Dara. He didn’t want to take advantage of the situation and he thought that if he sits next to her, people might give it malicious meanings and worst – they might know he adores her.

                Kris stood up for a while, and when his eyes landed on Dara once more, he saw what she did to Chanyeol. He saw every detail of it. Kris felt a weird thing in him. He was somehow irritated that he glared at Chanyeol for a while. He then sighed and just ignored it.

                He tried to find another empty seat, but to his surprise, Luhan suddenly went towards Dara’s direction and sat next to her – on the seat Kris was avoiding. Kris flinched at what Luhan did.

                “Sneaky deer,” he cursed under his breath. When he found an available seat he dragged it and positioned it a meter away from Luhan.

                Kris never took his eyes off Luhan who started a casual conversation with Dara. They introduced themselves to each other and then started getting to know each one. Kris’ forehead wrinkled. He somehow regretted not taking the seat he found first – and now Luhan had the opportunity to talk to Dara.

                A little while later, the rest of the EXO-M members flocked around 2ne1’s visual. They too wanted to know more about her and converse with her. They all had their seats near Dara. Kris clicked his tongue in annoyance. They were all around her, and there he was, sitting alone and was a meter or two away from her.

                “Kris-ge! Come here. Sit over here,” Tao suddenly called the M leader as he pointed an empty seat next to him. Kris smirked but immediately erased it off; composing himself. He couldn’t decline Tao’s wonderful offer after all, so he slowly went to the seat – which was quite near to Dara. The members kept talking to her, except for Kris who stayed silent but was listening to them as well.

-----------------------------

                Baekhyun bumped into Shin Hye, who was holding a few books with her, as softly as possible and his eyes stared at the lady so dreamily. As he walked past her, his eyes were still glued to her.

It wasn’t a long while later when Suho gracefully neared Shin Hye, who was clueless that she had been the center of the boys’ attention. Suho stopped beside her – and was really close to her. He leaned towards Shin Hye, which startled her so cutely. He smirked at her as he lovingly ran his fingers through her cheeks. Shin Hye was surprised at his sudden action that she stumbled back but was romantically caught by Kai.

                Kai gave his infamous ovary-blowing smirk as he caught Shin Hye by her waist. Shin Hye, taken aback, turned her head to him, whose face were just a few inches away from hers. Kai’s stared at her seductively, still with his arm around her waist. They had a mini staring contest, and were only broke off when Sehun suddenly grabbed Shin Hye by the wrist.

                Shin Hye was puzzled as she was being dragged by the maknae away from Kai. Sehun smiled a little, secretly, with his hand still holding her wrist. He slowly slipped his hand downward to get a hold of her hand. When he succeeded, he then intertwined his fingers with hers. Sehun gazed at her, who was looking at their hands. Sehun smirked before he looked away. Shin Hye was dumbfounded and she could feel her cheeks burning.

                Kyungsoo walked into the scene and he clumsily bumped into Sehun and spilled his chocolate drink into the younger man. Sehun yanked backwards, letting go of Shin Hye’s hand, as he tried to wipe the mess Kyungsoo made to his shirt.

               Kyungsoo bowed apologetically – or probably just faking it – as he stole some glances to the beautiful lady near him. He smiled at her sheepishly, and so did she. Kyungsoo immediately took her hand and dragged her away from Sehun. Sehun, who saw the two running away, tried to stop them but failed.

                The two stopped running and Kyungsoo turned around to face the perplexed Shin Hye. Kyungsoo took off his backpack and was panicky as he was trying to search for something inside it. Shin Hye just looked at him with confusion. Kyungsoo kept searching something from his bag – and it went on for long – as if he was waiting for something to happen.

                “Cut! Cut! Cut!” The director, who was standing in front of the set, announced, with a bit of annoyance in his tone. He then darted some piercing gaze towards someone who seemed like he was unaware of his environment and the things happening around him – it was none other than Chanyeol. It was supposed to be his scene now. He was supposed to intervene with Kyungsoo and Shin Hye, but he just stood at the corner, doing nothing.

                “You!” The director called the giant as he pointed his index finger at him. The giant never seemed to notice it until Kyungsoo elbowed his side.

                “Chanyeol! What’s happening to you?” Kyungsoo whispered.

                Chanyeol snapped and turned to the director and apologized. “I’m so sorry, I’m really sorry, director-nim. I was not focusing. I’m really sorry,” he muttered as he bowed several times. The other K members just sighed at him. They noticed that Chanyeol wasn’t paying attention with the filming, and that he had all his eyes on someone not on the set.

                The director just sighed at the member. “Okay, let’s take a 5-minute break,” he announced.

                The members and Shin Hye dispersed, with the lady going to her dressing room and the K members approaching their other half.

                “Yah hyung! What’s wrong with you?” Sehun asked as he tapped Chanyeol’s back a little too hardly. The K rapper choked. The others flocked around him, overpowered with curiosity.

                Chanyeol stopped walking, and so did the others. He gave a loud sigh.

                “HOW CAN I FOCUS WHEN I SEE THOSE BASTARDS FLIRTING WITH MY DARA-NOONA!!” This time, Chanyeol erupted. The members’ eyes grew wide.

                Throughout the filming, Chanyeol’s eyes never left Dara, all the time. He was shocked to see Luhan approaching Dara, and casually started a conversation with her. Chanyeol felt this irritating thing called jealousy. He gritted his teeth even more when the other M members moved towards his Dara. Yes, he was jealous. How come those guys took advantage with the situation? They did that while he was filming his part in the CF. He felt they were being unfair. He was Dara’s fanboy. They’re supposed to know that.

                “I CAN’T BELIEVE THEM!” He puffed his cheeks cutely.

                Silence followed, but then there came an outburst of laughter. The members laughed at their poor and jealous rapper. They found the jealous Chanyeol funny and amusing.

                “Stop it! It’s not funny,” he protested.

                “Silly Yoda!” Baekhyun exclaimed with laughs in between. He hit the giant’s back several times.

                “I swear it’s not funny,” Chanyeol repeated. His eyebrows furrowed, and his lips formed a pout.

                “Aigoo, this kid,” Suho remarked. He scratched his head.

                Kai grabbed Chanyeol’s arm. “Let’s go to her then!” Without waiting for the elder’s reply, he dragged him towards Dara and the M members. Chanyeol struggled to free himself and protested, but the other K members didn’t let him. They pushed the member towards the others.

----------------------------

                “Ehem,” Baekhyun pretended to cough when he’s obviously trying to get the crowd’s attention. The others looked at him, including Dara.

                “O Baekhyun, guys, you done already?” Luhan innocently asked the K members. The members had their mouths shut as they turned their eyes to the fuming Chanyeol teasingly.

                Chanyeol rolled his eyes at Luhan. “Tsk, acting so innocent when in fact you’re enjoying your time with my Dara-noona,” he mentally said.

                “You see, someone’s fuming with jealousy here,” Sehun, as blunt as usual, blurted out, earning himself surprised looks from the others and a deathly glare from a certain member. He just shrugged it off.

                “I’m not jealous! And I’m not fuming!” Chanyeol immediately defended himself, His voice was slightly raised.

                “I’m not saying you are,” Sehun smirked at him. “I’m not even naming names,” he added.

                “Unless you’re guilty,” Kai supported Sehun. The maknae line ‘hi-fived’ each other.

                Chanyeol turned really red as he looked down. The members chuckled at him, leaving Dara oblivious of what they meant.

                “Aigoo, it seems noona doesn’t get it yet,” Chen teased after noticing the confused 2ne1 member.

                “W-wait, NOONA?!” Chanyeol exclaimed, his eye balls almost came out.

                “Yes, yes you heard it right, hyung,” Tao said as he nodded at the same time.

                “Dara-noona told us to call her noona,” Lay added, adding more fuel to Chanyeol’s jealousy. The rest chuckled – well, except for Kris, who was just sitting there quietly.

                “Aigoo, that’s because I think being called ‘sunbae’ is quite awkward,” Dara finally spoke up, after she noticed Chanyeol pouting like a puppy. She found it really cute of him. “But you guys can also call me noona!” She cheerfully added, living up to her infamous 4D personality.

                “What?!” the M members jokingly reacted, trying to piss the K rapper.

                Hearing Dara speaking to him, with the eye contact, for the very first time, and moreover, asking him to call her noona, Chanyeol’s eyes sparkled as a huge smile slowly formed on his lips. He felt like he drifted off to paradise. He was overwhelmed – too much that the members laughed at his creepier-than-usual expression. He was smiling like there’s no tomorrow.

                “Well, back to the topic,” Chen interrupted as he faked a cough. All attention was diverted to him.

                “Dara-noona, did you know this guy over here,” Chen, obviously referring to Chanyeol, stood up and held the taller boy by the shoulder.

                “…is a die-hard fan boy of yours,” the M troll revealed while tapping the taller’s shoulders a little stronger.

                Chanyeol’s jaw dropped as he turned crimson red all over. He froze for a while, before he snapped and attacked the big-mouthed member, chasing one another around the set. The others laughed. Dara was left dumbfounded by the indirect confession, and also flushed. Kris saw her turn beet red, he felt something hurting his chest area. He frowned and then glared at Chanyeol, who was all busy beating up Chen, and then rolled his eyes.

                “Noona, don’t mind him,” chuckling, Luhan told her, waving his hand ‘no’.

                “Noona did you know, he had a lot of pictures of you in--,” Baekhyun was on the verge of revealing some of Chanyeol’s fan boy secrets but was cut off when the latter screamed for him to stop.

                The members continued their laughter, but one of them was clearly not amused. Kris kept his poker face – and his glare as well. Dara caught a glimpse of the M rapper in the corner of her eyes. She frowned at the sight.

                When everything seemed to calm down – well, not really – Chanyeol hesitated to approach the others as well as Dara, mainly because he was too embarrassed. But Chen dragged him, enduring all the death glares Chanyeol was giving him.

                “Now, now, presenting the lover boy,” Kai further, earning himself a nudge from Suho and a scowl from Chanyeol.

                Chen then forced the taller boy to sit down. Chanyeol avoided looking at Dara, he was too flustered and embarrassed.

                The boys continued their chat with Dara – this time, with the K members around. They told each other more about themselves, and sometimes brought up Chanyeol’s fan boying of her. They slowly got rid of the awkward atmosphere.

                “Yah, Kris-hyung aren’t you a little too quiet over there?”, Baekhyun suddenly asked the M leader. The others turned to him. Dara, who was surprised with Baekhyun’s question, hesitated to look at Kris because she might find herself blushing, but nonetheless, she lost to her urge of staring at him.

                Kris kept an emotionless face, but inside he was definitely caught off guard with the question. He silently cursed at Baekhyun.

                “No reason,” he briefly answered. Kai whistled a tune, while the others rolled their eyes.

                “Don’t mind him noona, he’s always like that, you know, acting cold,” Baekhyun mockingly whispered, though it was audible enough for everyone to hear. Kris glared at him and was actually strangling him in his mind.

                Dara was kind of sad but nevertheless, she chuckled and smiled at Kris, silently hoping he would smile back – which didn’t happen. Kris wasn’t looking at her anyway.

                Kris did avoid looking at Dara, but he caught every single detail of the scene. He saw her smiling at him, in the corner of his eye and he couldn’t be mistaken. He knew he saw her smiling at him – definitely.

                A minute has passed then when the director called for EXO-K again to continue filming for the Pink Temptation. The K members silently groaned, they were having a good time with Dara, but they were there for work anyways.

                They excused themselves and obediently went to the set. The M members as well as Dara decided to watch them film. But from time to time, Kris glanced at Dara – and Dara did the same, and fortunately for them, they were never caught by each other in doing so.

-------------------------------

                It took almost an hour before the director finally summoned for the next bunch to film the Dark Temptation.

                “EXO-M, Dara-ssi. It’s your turn now,” he called.

                They immediately stood up – except for Dara, who felt a lump in , her hands were shaking.

                “This is it,” she thought before she nervously stood up and proceeded to the set.

 

 

 

----- End of Chapter -----

 

 

< Author's Note > I've been crying a lot lately since the issue. I actually thought of discontinuing this story but then I decided not to, since fanfictions are my escape from the reality. Anyways, I hope you liked this chapter. Thank you for reading.