Bingo

I Love My Chat Pal

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----- Chapter Twenty-One -----

 

"Man, you're totally screwed."

 

 

 

 

That was all Luhan could say to his roommate who finally woke up from his drunken slumber. He just watched the other in sympathy and disappointment, recalling the screwed up crap that had happened last night. He sighed heavily, squirming on his bed, slumping his back against the wall.

 

Kris groaned, wrapping his head with a pillow and eyes shut closed. His head was pounding. He wasn't feeling very well. He laid on his stomach, groaned again as he put more pressure on his aching head, trying to ease the pain.

 

"W-What did I do?" He squeaked weakly, perplexed. He could not remember most of the things that happened after their drinking game. He could not recall anything. And judging from what Luhan had said, he probably have done something not good.

 

Luhan sighed again heavily, burying his face on his palms. Kris took a side glance at the seemingly distressed male, and then he started to feel really worried. He just prayed that Luhan was just overreacting to whatever he did yesterday. It couldn't be that bad, right?

 

It made Kris more anxious when the other male suddenly kept silent with his hands still covering his face. The taller man then shifted slowly, dragging himself through his elbows to face Luhan. Kris was still on prone position, with his hands pressing the pillow securely around his pounding head.

 

"Luhan...?"

 

And he heard the older man sigh again, before putting his hands down and sat straight up looking at him. Luhan's gaze was intense, which made Kris shudder a little. It must've been really bad - like, really really bad.

 

"You just conf---!"

 

"Luhan-hyung! Hyung!" Kyungsoo suddenly called, interrupting the Chinese male. He knocked on the door several times, calling on Luhan.

 

Luhan clicked his tongue, turning his head towards the door. "Not now, Kyungsoo!" He growled, annoyed at the intruder.

 

"But you promised you're gonna help out!"

 

"Just give me five minutes!"

 

"Sorry but I need you now!"

 

Luhan then groaned loudly, defeated. He sank down on his bed for a while before getting up. He looked at the M leader one last time, one hand motioning Kris to stay put while mouthing "I'll be right back," before walking out of the room.

 

 

 

 

"Damn," Kris cursed under his breath as soon as Luhan went out. He was getting really curious that time. What in the world did he just do? He closed his eyes again, trying to remember every single thing that happened last night. They ate. They chat. They drank beer. They played some drinking game. And then...and then. Kris groaned. He could not recall what happened next. Everything was a blur. What could have possibly happened that made Luhan this upset?

 

He sighed before he dropped his head, burying his face on the mattress. He stayed like that for a while, looking particularly at nothing. He breathed again, before shifting his gaze to somewhere else. He turned and laid flat on his back. He looked around before his eyes landed on his forgotten phone. He reached for it and unlocked it. There were few unread messages, mostly some birthday greetings from yesterday. He went back to his home screen and noticed some notifications from his apps. He checked on each of it before taking an interest on one from a certain app he's very fond of - Chatpal.

 

Chatpal was slowly becoming popular to the masses. From a mere website, it upgraded. It also now has a mobile app. And it has gotten even better, with new features and stuff. However, Kris honestly did not like its newfound popularity. What if people find out that he's been using it for almost a year now? And what if sasaengs will try and hack his account? Then his secrets will be out. And the public will probably feast on it. That'd be terrible.

 

Kris instantly shook his head at the thought - only to make his head throb more. He hissed at the pain but shrugged it off after. Damn the hangover. He clicked on the notification and smirked when he saw Ssantokki00 flood him with messages. He wasted no time and began reading them.

 

 

 

Ssantokki00:                          duizhang

 

Ssantokki00:                          duizhang help me

 

Ssantokki00:                          please answer me

 

Ssantokki00:                          I need you right now duizhang

 

 

 

Kris felt worries upon reading the messages. There, he felt something wrong. He knew it. He got the feeling that something happened to Ssantokki. He felt that it must have been a serious one. Why? Because upon knowing her, she's that type of person who takes an effort of putting some emoticons and smileys together with her messages. And what concerned him the most, was the fact that she did not even bother using punctuation marks.

 

His smirk from earlier disappeared when he realized he was right.

 

 

Ssantokki00:                          I'm broken

 

 

A crease formed on the man's forehead. Now he's very much worried for her. What could've been wrong?  He thought before continuing to read on her follow-up messages.

 

 

 

Ssantokki00:                          He liked someone else

 

Ssantokki00:                          He just told the girl he likes her

 

Ssantokki00:                          I saw it with my very own eyes duizhang

 

 

 

Kris kept mum. He did not know what to say to her. He did not know how to comfort her. But he knew he had to. He couldn't stand seeing a friend so...down.

 

 

 

Ssantokki00:                          what do I do

 

Ssantokki00:                          duizhang it hurts so much

 

Ssantokki00:                          I shouldn't have expected haha

 

Ssantokki00:                          I shouldn't have

 

Ssantokki00:                          and now I'm all broken

 

Ssantokki00:                          It hurts so much

 

Ssantokki00:                          duizhang please talk to me

 

 

 

The M leader once again cursed himself. His friend needed him, yet he was not there to at least talk to her. He felt really bad. Reading those messages, he could already guess how terrible she's feeling that time. All she needed was someone to talk to. But sadly, he wasn't even there to help her.

 

And he also felt anger towards the guy she'd been crushing on. Jerk. That jerk didn't know what he just lost. He had no idea how wonderful Ssantokki is. It's his loss, not hers.

 

He was about to type in a message when the door suddenly busted open, revealing an upset Luhan, with a glass of water and painkillers on hand.

 

Kris placed phone down and slowly got up and sat straight up, wincing every time pain strucked his head.

 

"Here," Luhan said, handing out some medicine and water.

 

Kris took it and drank it in one go, as the older man sat right across the former. When the duizhang was done, he placed the empty glass on his bedside table and shot the other male an uneasy look.

 

"So...?"

 

"You're one messed up guy, you know that?" Luhan then breathed out, defeatedly.

 

"Just tell me straight."

 

"You just confessed to the wrong girl, dammit!"

 

And with that, Kris's eyes turned saucer wide. He turned stiff. He just did what?

 

"You gotta be kidding me!"

 

Luhan hissed before slamming his fists on the soft mattress leaning forward, closer to the M leader.

 

"No, Wu Yi Fan. I am not kidding!"

 

And then Kris got tongue-tied. He couldn't believe what just happened. He couldn't even believe himself. He confessed? Never did he think he could actually do that. But what made him feel so horrible was the fact that he did that to a freaking wrong girl. Wow, Kris. Way to go!

 

"C-Could you tell me the details? I can't remember a thing..." He said with a faint voice.

 

Luhan sighed sympathetically. He kind of felt guilty. He planned everything after all - and Kris doesn't have to know that. But it just so happened that his supposedly fully proofed plan backfired. Everything was supposedly going smoothly, but that freaking waitress ruined it all (Luhan has this big ego, you know). But he sort of thought he was responsible for it - not that he would ever admit that to anyone. And there, he felt a little bit guilty.

 

He looked at the distressed giant before going on with the story.

 

 

 

< FLASHBACK >

 

"I...think I better go and check on Kris," Luhan thought with a hint of concern. He hesitated for a second but still got up nonetheless. He then made his way to the washroom, only to witness something he did not expect to happen, like seriously.

 

 

 

"Noona, I like you...very much," Kris breathed shakily, eyes half-lidded.

 

The lady he just confessed to, who happened to be one of the resto's waitresses, turned beet red, all flustered because she just got confessed to by the one and only Kris Wu of one of the hottest kpop boy group in Korea! She giggled softly at the thought, covering her flushed cheeks with her palms. Just when she was about respond to the gorgeous drunk male, Luhan suddenly appeared and immediately grabbed the drunk man by the shoulders and yanked him away from the girl.

 

Kris groaned as he stumbled backwards, leaning on Luhan for support, now with his eyes closed. The other man helped him steady a bit before turning to the flustered lady, flashing her his very angelic smile.

 

"I'm sorry for th---!" He was about to make some sort of explanation when his eyes caught glimpse of someone he prayed to not witness this pretty messed up crap that was going on - that someone was no other than Dara.

 

"Noona! I-I uh As you can see---," Luhan slightly panicked, not knowing what to say. "Look, whatever you are thinking right now, it's wrong. You go---!"

 

"I-It's okay, L-Luhan-ssi," her voice was shaky, but she just laughed it off. "I-I mean, there's nothing w-wrong with that. I-I mean," she backed off step by step, one of her hands raised midway, waving. "I mean, it's...love! I..," she stopped on her tracks when she felt her back hit the wall. "I gotta go!" She chirped as she hastily walked out of the scene.

 

< END OF FLASHBACK >

 

 

 

Hearing that, Kris felt his blood drained. His face paled. He hated the fact that he just confessed to the wrong girl, mind you. But what he despised the most was the fact that Dara saw everything. She got the wrong idea! Everything was a mistake! It was supposed to be for...her. She's the one he really likes. And now, everything's ruined.

 

One thing's for sure, Kris was definitely doomed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan sighed heavily as he went out of the room and clicked the door close. He spun around and leaned on the door for a little while, thinking about the things that happened, and on what to do to somehow fix those things up. He was bothered.

 

"Hyung?" He snapped out of his thoughts when he heard someone call him. He turned his head and saw Joonmyeon looking back at him.

 

"Yeah?"

 

"Is Kris-hyung inside?"

 

Luhan nodded.

 

Joonmyeon hummed before he revealed a red paper bag. It looked really glamorous, with minimal yet classy designs on it. He then handed the bag to the puzzled Luhan.

 

"Could you give this to him?" The leader asked softly.

 

The Chinese male stared at the bag first, then to Joonmyeon. "Ugh, sure," he said as he reached for it.

 

Joonmyeon smiled gratefully before speaking up. "Actually, it's from Dara-noona. She told me to give it to him."

 

Luhan was surprised but then composed himself before exclaiming, "Oh."

 

Joonmyeon's grateful smiled suddenly turned into a nervous one as he shifted his gaze to somewhere else. The elder did not fail to notice the hesitation on the K leader's face, yet he decided not to question that. Joonmyeon shot him one last look before turning around to leave - only to stop midway before spinning around, walking back to Luhan.

 

"Did something happen, while I was out?" He said in a serious tone, face filled with curiosity.

 

Luhan just raised an eyebrow at the question, confused.

 

"I mean, I know I kind of passed out back then," the leader started to explain. "And then I woke up 'cuz I needed to pee. I was on my way to the washroom when I bumped into Dara-noona," And then he looked down. His voice was feigning. "And she was...crying."

 

Luhan's eyes widened a bit upon hearing that. Dara-noona cried? He was surprised and he grew worried. Why did she cry?

 

Joonmyeon looked up and continued with his story. "I was surprised when I saw her like that. And she was also startled when she saw me. She wiped her tears away before smiling at me. I'm sure she was just forcing herself to smile like that. And then she told me to wait and went somewhere else. She came back with her stuff and the paper bag. She gave me the bag and told me to give it to Kris-hyung  before she fled without another word."

 

Luhan listened intently at what Joonmyeon had said, holding onto the paper bag more tightly.

 

"Her voice was really shaky. I mean, if she had a problem, she could always talk to me - I mean us. But like I said, before I could even talk, she ran away. Then I decided to go and find out where she came from. And there, I saw you guys, with some waitress outside the washroom."

 

And Luhan was still all ears, while trying to get all the pieces together.

 

Joonmyeon paused a bit, looking at the older male with a hint of suspicion. "Did something...happen between you guys and noona?"

 

And then something struck Luhan's mind like a truck. But Joonmyeon didn't need to know that.

 

"I don't know," the doe-eyed member answered. "I was just there helping out Kris. Never thought that giant couldn't handle beer."

 

The K leader mouthed an 'o' before nodding. "But, I wonder what could've been the problem..." He mumbled before leaving the older male alone.

 

When Joonmyeon was gone, Luhan immediately went back to thinking.

 

 

 

 

"Noona! I-I uh As you can see---!"

 

"I-It's okay, L-Luhan-ssi," her voice was shaky, but she just laughed it off. "I-I mean, there's nothing w-wrong with that. I-I mean," she backed off step by step, one of her hands raised midway, waving. "I mean, it's...love! I..," she stopped on her tracks when she felt her back hit the wall. "I gotta go!" She chirped as she hastily walked out the scene.

 

 

 

 

"Come to think of it," Luhan thought, bringing his thumb into his mouth and bit it softly. "I swear I saw her eyes turned glassy and...watery at that very moment. And the fact that she was excessively blinking that time. And her shaky voice," he paused as he looked at the door of his shared room with Kris. "Could it be...?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Come on, noona. Please answer," Chanyeol chanted, constantly tapping his foot, his phone stuck to his ear. He could only hear the other line ring, but no answer. He sighed for the nth time, before redialing the 2NE1 member's phone number. He walked around his room, restlessly. He just wanted to make sure that she was able to go home safely, because damn he couldn't believe he passed out. He was really worried. And the female idol was still not answering.

 

"Maybe she's still asleep," he considered, but immediately shrugged the idea off. It's almost noon, there's a big possibility that she's already awake. And so, he attempted to contact the idol again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Unnie, you gotta eat up," Minzy spoke up, caressing the distressed Dara, who was still on her bed wrapped in her blanket. The maknae really felt sorry for her unnie. She hadn't eaten anything and it's almost noon.

 

"Come on, girl. Stop sulking!" Chaerin added. She had her hand placed on her member's shoulder. But the latter did not budge and just kept mum, holding back her tears. Her eyes were red and puffy. She looked really down.

 

Bom sighed at the sight. Damn, she should really kill that bastard for breaking their beloved happy virus's heart. She dipped on the bed, sitting beside the moping lady and wrapped her one arm around the latter.

 

"We'll get back at him for you, what do you think?" She said, which alarmed Dara. The latter looked back at her with protesting look. "Just kidding," she then claimed, halfheartedly. "Anyways, stop crying over some guy, will you? You're gonna get ugly!" And that was Park Bom's failed attempt at cooing. Typical Park Bom.

 

"Stop it, unnie!" Chaerin said, shooting the said female a disapproving look.

 

Bom just rolled her eyes at the younger. "It's tru---!"

 

 

Naega jaeil jal naga ~~ Naega jaeil jal naga ~~

 

 

"Unnie, aren't you gonna answer him?" Minzy asked, picking Dara's phone before looking at the screen. "You know, Chanyeol-ssi has been calling you since forever."

 

Dara frowned at the thought. It's not that she disliked Chanyeol or something. It's just that, she did not want to talk to him at the moment. She was well aware of how hoarse her voice sounded from all the crying. And she did not want Chanyeol to know that. She did not want him to worry.

 

Chaerin clicked her tongue before snatching the noisy phone from Minzy and then handing it out to the visual.

 

"Come on. I feel sorry for your fanboy. Just answer him."

 

Dara's eyebrows furrowed at the suggestion.

 

And it was Park Bom's turn to click her tongue. "Just answer it already. He won't stop unless you talk to him. And your phone's so loud I might consider breaking it!"

 

Dara of course surrendered to the threat. She hesitantly reached for her phone and brought it slowly to her ear.

 

 

"Noona? Thank goodness you answered!"

 

 

His voice beamed so loudly that the other girls could hear him clearly.

 

Dara gave off a faint smile upon hearing the younger male's lively voice. She could also sense the concern in his voice, and she was very touched with that.

 

 

"I was just wondering if you got home safely..."

 

"Yes, I did." And the other line went silent for a split of a second.

 

"Noona, are you okay?" The 2NE1 member just chewed her lip.

 

"Noona? Is something wrong?"

 

Dara fought back her tears, laughing nervously. "Yeah, I-I'm fine." Her voice cracked a bit.

 

Silence.

 

"No, you're not." Dara kept mum but failed when a small sob escaped her lips.

 

"Noona, are you crying?"

 

 Silence again.

 

"Noona, why are you crying?"

 

And then a small tear ran down her cheek.

 

"You can tell me noona. Please. I don't like it when you're crying. What's wrong? Noona? I'll help you..."

 

And that's when Dara broke down.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Aish!" Kris cursed as he messed his hair up, twisting and turning around his bed. He was relieved that the painkillers were working, easing his headache. But he's afraid it'll be back soon because of the problem he's currently in.

 

"Argh stupid!" He breathed as he sat straight up, leaning his back on the cold hard wall. Now what? He sighed. He should probably get his mind off the crap for a while before he'd go crazy. He heaved a sigh once again before searching for his phone. He remembered he still had something important to do.

 

 

 

COOLduizhang:         I'm sorry to hear that...

 

 

 

That was all Kris thought of for the past five minutes. Damn, he's not really good at this. But he had to. He wanted that cheerful Ssantokki back as soon as possible.

 

 

 

COOLduizhang:         I mean, are you sure he likes the girl?

 

 

 

"I...," Kris thought at his poor attempt of comforting. But still went on with it.

 

 

 

COOLduizhang:         listen. I know you're really sad and all...

 

COOLduizhang:         but don't let this get into you that much.

 

 

 

Kris just decided to speak what's on his mind.

 

 

 

COOLduizhang:         tho I never met you personally, but I can say you're a great girl.

 

COOLduizhang:         you're fun, outgoing, cheerful. I love your bubbly personality.

 

COOLduizhang:         knowing you virtually for almost a year, I could guarantee all that.

 

COOLduizhang:         and that just made him a jerk. A jerk for not appreciating someone like you. A jerk for losing you.

 

COOLduizhang:         you know what? It's his loss, not yours.

 

 

 

Kris sighed for the nth time. He was never good at words. But he just hoped that it could help her somehow. He closed the app and placed his phone on his bedside table. And as if on cue, Luhan bursted into the room.

 

"Here," the newcomer said as he passed the paper bag to the younger male.

 

Kris caught it and looked at the thing in his hands. "What's this?"

 

Luhan sat down on his own bed before turning to the other man. "It's a gift, obviously." He crossed his legs. "Wanna know who it's from?" He smirked coyly.

 

Kris raised an eyebrow. He wasn't in the mood to play games with Luhan. He had too many things in mind and he didn't want Luhan to add onto that.

 

"It's from Dara-noona."

 

And Kris felt his eyeballs almost pop out of their sockets.

 

Luhan hummed in a teasing way before faking a cough. "There's no time to feel all giddy. We still got a problem to fix, right?"

 

Kris snapped out of his daze before looking at the older. "What should we do?"

 

"To be honest, I don't know...yet."

 

The M leader frowned upon hearing that. Luhan noticed it and immediately rolled his eyes. "Now, don't give me that look." You make me feel guiltier. But the doe-eyed member instantly erased that thought.

 

"I'll just have to explain it to her when we get the chance." The younger male just responded with a nod.

 

The two were about to go on with their respective businesses when the door suddenly busted open with a panting Chanyeol, startling them. They could guess the K rapper ran his way to their bedroom.

 

"Chanye--?"

 

"YOU CONFESSED TO THE RESTAURANT'S WAITRESS?!?!" Chanyeol screamed his lungs out, eyes darted at the shocked M rapper. His voiced boomed so loudly that the two Chinese male literally jumped out on their seats.

 

When Luhan got a hold of himself, he immediately rushed to the intruder and covered his mouth with one hand. "You're too loud!" He shushed the giant, looking from side to side to see if someone was around or if someone heard Chanyeol.

 

"Is something wrong over there?" The Chinese male heard Minseok yell as he heard his footsteps coming louder.

 

"Nothing! Everything's perfectly fine," Luhan yelled back as he hastily reached for the door with his other hand and slammed it shut.

 

Chanyeol squirmed and removed Luhan's hand from his mouth, catching up his breath before wiping his mouth clean.

 

"Hyung, did you really confess to the girl? Are you out of your mind?!" The happy virus continued to rant, while Luhan kept reminding him to tone it down.

 

"How could you do that?! That's stupid!" With his tone and facial expression, it was obvious he was upset - very upset actually.

 

Back at the party he did his best to boast Kris to Dara, even though it was against his own will. Even though it was hurting him. Damn, he likes Dara so much, but the girl likes Kris instead. And he wanted her to be happy, so he decided to take the role of a wingman. And then this happened. He felt that all his efforts were gone to waste. He was angry. Kris was being an idiot, a retarded bastard. He couldn't believe the Chinese rapper just chose some random girl over the Sandara Park. Who in the right mind would do that?

 

He clenched his fists, holding back the urge to force some sense into Kris's dense soul. "Are you even serious, hyung?! It's just ridiculous! Can't you see Da---!" Chanyeol stopped his speech midway when he realized he might spill the beans if he continued to rant. "I-I mean, you didn't even tell us that y-you like somebody! No wonder that Chinese restaurant is your favorite! Because that girl works there!"

 

"Wha---No! I don't even know that girl!" Kris waved his hands 'no' while desperately shaking his head.

 

"Quit denying, hyung!"

 

"I swear, Chanyeol. I don't like her that way! I don't know her!"

 

While the two continued bickering, Luhan was keenly observing the newcomer. He pondered a bit before questioning the latter.

 

"By the way, how'd you know about that, Chanyeol?" And the subject in question stiffened upon hearing that. "As far as I know I never told anybody. Who could've told you that?" And Chanyeol pressed his lips into a thin line - which made the older male smirk. "Anyways, Kris is telling the truth!"

 

Chanyeol finally breathed. He did not know he had been holding his breath for quite a while. And Luhan just snickered silently in his place.

 

"Don't try to cover him up, hyung!" Chanyeol was referring to Luhan this time as he continued with his assumptions when the issue was brought up again.

 

Luhan clicked his tongue, annoyed at the younger's stubbornness. He went back to his bed and sat down. "Everyone was drunk. Kris was drunk. So I decided to have a little fun," he then looked at Kris mischievously. "I told him - no, I dared him to go over some girl and tell her he likes her. Never thought he'd do it."

 

And Kris was dumbstruck. Did Luhan really do that to him? He's evil!

 

Chanyeol did not know what to feel. He was angry that because of Luhan's petty little dare, Dara misunderstood everything and ended up brokenhearted. But he was also relieved with the fact that Kris did not actually like the girl. That would mean there's still a chance between Dara and Kris.

 

"Earth to Chanyeol?" Luhan suddenly called, breaking Chanyeol off his trance.

 

"U-Uh? Yes, yes," the big-eared giant mumbled, not knowing what to say. His eyes wandered restlessly before his gaze landed on the dumbstruck M leader. "That's...great then. I-uh, that's great news then," he continued to blabber as he slowly made his way to the door. "I...gotta go? He he," he laughed nervously before he went out to his own room.

 

 

 

"Luhan, what the hell?" Kris suddenly exclaimed right after throwing the nearest object he could reach - unfortunately for him, it was only a pillow - to the Chinese devil. He glared at the latter, full force.

 

Luhan chuckled when he caught the pillow and held it close to him, before faking an innocent look. "What?" He asked not-so-innocently.

 

"You dared me to do that?! Just, what the hell?"

 

And Luhan broke into a mocking laughter which only made Kris fume in anger. The latter reached for another pillow and threw it forcibly to the laughing male.

 

"Okay, okay," Luhan said after recovering from his laughter, catching the pillow aimed at him. He composed himself, straightened himself up before facing the fuming member.

 

"First of all, I did not dare you," he started. Kris nevertheless lent his ears to the older man. "I just put some sense in you and surprisingly, you manned up and then voila!"

 

Kris jaw hung open.

 

"And guess what? You did it to the wrong girl!"

 

"You don't need to remind me that."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After having their hearty lunch, Chanyeol immediately excused himself and went straight to his room with one thing in mind - he needed to tell everything to Dara. He needed to clear out the misunderstanding, because he simply couldn't stand his beloved noona being sad and lonely. So, he needed to do what he must do. He needed to do what's right.

 

He grabbed his phone and started dialling the 2NE1 member's number. But before he could complete it, a faint knock on the door reached his ears.

 

He put his phone down and opened the door.

 

"Yo yo yo, man!" Luhan chirped with his melodious and lively voice. He smiled at the younger male before inviting himself in.

 

The younger man shrugged and made way for his hyung. "What's up?" He said as he closed the door. He followed the elder who was looking around.

 

"Hyung?"

 

"It's probably Dara-noona, eh?" Luhan nonchalantly said, turning around to face the surprised member.

 

"W-Wha--?"

 

"The one who told you..," Luhan pulled off a knowing smile. "It's noona, right? Because it was only her who saw it."

 

Chanyeol couldn't even swallow the lump in his throat. "I-I uh."

 

"Among us twelve, you're the closest one to her. So I thought she might have told you," he chuckled, easing the tensed atmosphere.

 

Chanyeol then sighed - relieved when the atmosphere seemed to lighten up. "Y-yeah," he had no choice but to tell the truth.

 

Luhan eyed Chanyeol's every move like a hawk, before keeping up the conversation with his usual easygoing personality.

 

"Say, Chanyeol. Who does noona like? I mean, among us, there's gotta be that someone right? Like, the most good-looking one or something?"

 

Chanyeol's eyes almost popped out. And he choked on his own saliva. He coughed and coughed, hitting his chest repeatedly in the process. Luhan got a little worried and rushed to the other man, tapping the said man's back.

 

"H-hey, you okay?"

 

And Chanyeol could only nod in response.

 

 

 

When the giant felt better, Luhan hit the same question again, which just made the former uneasy.

 

"H-Honestly, I don't know. I mean, really! I-I never asked such a thing to her!" He lied, laughing nervously.

 

Luhan only hummed, trying to hide a smirk. "You know what? I think Dara-noona likes someone..."

 

"W-What?"

 

"I'm not that sure though."

 

"W-Who?"

 

"It's just a guess. Because every time he's around, she seemed a little bit flustered, well I don't know..." Luhan just made that up though, since he seldom observes Dara. He only looks out at Kris.

 

Chanyeol panicked that he immediately clutched the older's arm. "Y-You knew?" And when panic gets to him real good, Chanyeol could not think straight.

 

Bingo. Luhan smirked victoriously. "I don't know. I told you it's just a guess. But, it seemed like you know who it is, Chanyeol," oh he just loves teasing people.

 

"N-No I---!"

 

"Kris."

 

And Chanyeol was dumbstruck.

 

"I think noona likes Kris," the Chinese male then side-eyed the younger to check on his reaction.

 

Chanyeol froze, opened his mouth to protest, but closed it again when no words came out.

 

"So, I got it right then?" Luhan thought, smiling at himself seeing the speechless Chanyeol. "Maybe I was a detective in my past life."

 

When Chanyeol finally found his voice, he proceeded to deny the deer's suspicion desperately.

 

"N-No! I mean, I don't kn---!"

 

"Oh, I remember I had to help Jongin with the dishes. See you later!" Luhan tapped the panicky Korean male before he strutted his way out of the room. And he now had one thing in mind.

 

 

 

 

Kris sure is one hell of a lucky guy.

 

 

----- End of Chapter -----

 

< Author's Note > Yeah I know it's weird for me to update earlier than expected. Lol. It's actually because I probably won't be able to update in a while. I'm really sorry for that. But I promise I'll never leave this story. I'll definitely finish this. I hope you'd still hang onto this story. Anyways, can I ask something? Am I going too fast with the story? I hope not tho. >.<