Excitement

I Love My Chat Pal

 

 

 

 

 

----- Chapter Sixteen -----

 

 

Ssantokki00:                       DUIZHAAANG !!! >.<

 

Ssantokki00:                       YOOHOOO !!!

 

Ssantokki00:                       COOLDUIZHANG !!

 

Ssantokki00:                       HELLLOOOOOOOO ?!?!

 

                Kris let out a groan upon hearing the endless beeps coming from his phone. He just left for the bathroom for a while and then his phone started to beep nonstop. He picked it up only to see flood messages from his cyber buddy.

 

COOLduizhang:                 Aish, so impatient. What is it? :/

 

                Dara breathed out a frustrated sigh, mumbling a soft ‘finally’ when her phone beeped, signaling a reply from duizhang. In a matter of milliseconds, her frustration suddenly turned into excitement that she had some trouble typing out what she wanted to say due to too much enthusiasm.

 

Ssantokki00:                       DUIZHANG GUESS WHAT? GUESS WHAT? OMO >.<

 

                The tall leader did not feel the need to think any deeper on this matter that made this bunny overly excited. It would not even take seconds to guess correctly.

 

COOLduizhang:                 This has got to do with you and him. Again. :/

 

Ssantokki00:                       YES!

 

                Dara’s fingers seemed to have a mind of their own since it automatically responded to the other’s question. It took a while before her face turned a lot redder that it already was, when she realized her what she said.

 

Ssantokki00:                       I MEAN NO.

 

                Kris raised an eyebrow while Dara was still trying to calm herself down.

 

Ssantokki00:                       I mean, it’s not about me and him you know.

 

                She took her previous words back. She then typed out her follow-up reply.

 

Ssantokki00:                       It’s about Kris and Dara!! >.<

 

                Dara couldn’t contain her feels anymore that she squealed cutely, feeling so giddy about the recent matter she discovered. Kris face remained unfazed.

 

COOLduizhang:                 What’s with them?

 

                Dara giggled first before she typed in her response.

 

Ssantokki00:                       Have you heard of ‘KrisDara’?

 

                Kris almost choked on his own saliva upon reading her reply. He coughed a couple of times before he managed to compose himself.

 

COOLduizhang:                 No.

 

                He lied.

 

Ssantokki00:                       I just heard of it a while ago!! >.<

 

                Dara felt giddier. Her face was as red as tomatoes.

 

Ssantokki00:                       It’s a couple name the fans made for Kris and Dara :)

 

                Dara then smiled softly, despite her heart beating madly. She never even thought of getting the chance to work with Kris, and now people were starting to take notice of them – and even gave them a couple name. It was too much to handle for Dara. She felt so happy.

 

COOLduizhang:                 Oh.

 

                Kris honestly did not know how to respond to that. He already knew about the ‘KrisDara’ thing and it would definitely be a lie if he said he wasn’t happy about it. He liked it. It’s a big deal for him. Never in his life did he ever think of having such a couple name with Dara. But all these years he learned to suppress his emotions, afraid that people might find out. He knew it would be safe to just keep mum to avoid himself from spilling out anything that would make others know his little secret.

                Dara on the other hand felt a little disappointment with his uncaring reply. But that did not have any effect on the blissful feeling she had right now. But it would be better if she had someone who can understand and probably squeal with her during these times.

 

Ssantokki00:                       What do you think of ‘KrisDara’, duizhang? :]

 

                Dara nervously waited for duizhang’s reply, hoping that it would be something to be happy about. Kris’s face flushed red, thinking about it. What should he reply? The name’s perfect, if you ask him. It really is. But he did not want to look like a shipper or something because that would totally be so uncool. But this Ssantokki would not even know it’s him – that he’s Kris anyway. But it would not change the fact that it would still sound uncool for him.

 

COOLduizhang:                 I think it’s okay.

 

                Dara pouted cutely on his answer. She totally disagreed with him. She found the name really cute.

 

Ssantokki00:                       Don’t you think it’s great? :((

 

                Kris finally chuckled at her reply. “Such a shipper,” he thought before he smiled sincerely. “Thank you.”

 

COOLduizhang:                 Sure.

 

               That was it. Though Dara did not really know if he meant it, but that was enough to put her in her fangirl state again.

                “Woah, who’s Ssantokki?”

                Kris almost – err, actually, he did – jumped out of his chair, literally, in surprise as he heard someone speak from behind. “I-I’m dead,” Kris mumbled as he hesitated to face the intruder, but he managed to gather his guts and turned around only to find out it was Luhan.

                Kris stared at him wide-eyed, slowly hiding his phone behind him and gulped down his saliva nervously before speaking. “L-Luhan.” He tried to sound uncaring but ended up stuttering.

                Luhan just clicked his tongue and crossed his arms, shaking his head. “Neh, Kris, that’s hyung for you.”

                “How long have y---“

                “Neh Kris, who’s Ssantokki?”

                Kris momentarily paused, eyes still fixed on Luhan who was obviously playing innocent on him. “I’m really dead,” Kris never knew this was coming.

                “Just, no one.”

                “Oh really?”

                “Yeah.”

                “Hmm,” Luhan just hummed before he slowly walked towards the rarely-nervous M leader. “Just no one, eh? But you were smiling while you’re on your phone.”

                “Aish, this dear,” Kris thought, still eyeing the doe-eyed member. He knew the older was just playing around. He might look innocent, but he’s really wicked. Kris couldn’t help but sigh mentally.

                “Neh, Kris. Who was that?”

                Kris knew Luhan doesn’t know when to give up.

                “It has nothing to do with you, quit it,” Kris finally regained his composure and calmly sat back down, with his back facing the curious deer.

                “Then I guess I’d have to tell the others about your—“

                “What the --!”

                “So you’re going to tell me, or I’m going to tell them about that?”

                Kris groaned loudly as he messed his hair up in frustration. Despite his angel-like looks, Luhan’s really wicked. He had been using Kris’s little secret to make the poor M leader do what he wanted him to do – from washing the dishes to laundrying. Technically, Luhan was taking advantage of Kris. And Kris couldn’t do anything. How he wished he had been more careful.

                “You’re really having fun blackmailing me don’t you? Aish.” Kris just sighed in defeat.

                Luhan just chuckled cutely before ruffling the younger’s hair playfully.

                “So,” Luhan muttered before he swiftly snatched the phone away from Kris’s grasp.

                “HEY--!”

                Luhan quickly glanced at the phone screen. “Chatpal? You’re into chatting? Woah, that’s…new,” he said before Kris managed to take his phone back.

                “Wai—No. No. I just tried it.” Luhan playfully nodded his head, obviously pretending to be convinced. Kris winced at him before giving up.

                “Fine. I really just tried it. And then I met this Ssantokki.”

                “Hn.”

                “She’s just a friend I found through chatpal.”

                Luhan sat down on the nearest bed before answering. “Still, I did not know you’re into chatting. That’s a shocker.” He smirked evilly cutely.

                Kris let out a frustrated sigh, attempting to explain himself. “I’m not into these things, HYUNG. It just so happens that I got bored and then---“

                “Woah, so you two have been practically talking about yourself and Dara noona! Woah…” Before Kris even knew it, his phone was already in the older’s hands again, browsing and reading his conversations with Ssantokki.

                “HYUNG!! ARGH!” Luhan just chuckled at the distressed M leader.

                “I can’t believe I have a hyung like you.”

                “You should be grateful.” Luhan snickered.

                Kris just groaned for the nth time before he threw himself on his bed, totally giving up.

--------------------------

 

Ssantokki00:                       DUIZHAAANG!! >_<

 

Ssantokki00:                        HEY ^.^

 

                Dara couldn’t hide her excitement anymore as she flooded her online pal with messages. She had a lot of things to share with him, though they just talked yesterday. Who could blame her anyway? She just learned that Temptation Perfume Collection will hold the grand opening and press conference in less than week from now. That would mean she would be able to meet Kris again. She sure felt nervous, but she also felt a bit giddy and excited. She never thought she would be able encounter him again. She was contented admiring him from afar, and now she’s got a chance to perhaps, talk and make friends with him – though she thought that’s too impossible. But anyways, she was more than happy just being in the same event with Kris, again.

 

COOLduizhang:                 Yah. What is it now? :/

 

                Dara cutely pouted upon reading duizhang’s uncaring reply. But that did not discourage her one bit.

 

Ssantokki00:                       Aigoo, don’t be annoyed, duizhang :[[

 

COOLduizhang:                 There’s nothing I can do about it anyway.

 

Ssantokki00:                       Aish, I’M SORRY for that then. :P

 

                Kris chuckled softly, still with his eyes glued on his phone screen.

 

COOLduizhang:                 What do you want? :/

 

                Dara clicked her tongue as she rolled her eyes. She was already used with his cold statements but she knew he did not mean any harm. She just shrugged it all off before she excitedly typed her reply.

 

Ssantokki00:                       I’m so excited for this certain event, just days from now! Omo X]]

 

                Kris raised an eyebrow, clueless. But after a short while, he seemed to already know what his chatmate was talking about.

 

COOLduizhang:                 The grand opening :/

 

                Dara gasped in awe before she softly clapped her hands.

 

Ssantokki00:                       BINGO! Ne, duizhang so smart :0 How did you know? Unfair! :<

 

                Kris did not know if she meant some sarcasm or she’s just being way too – uh – innocent and clueless.

 

COOLduizhang:                 Uh, you have no idea HOW HARD it was to guess that.

 

                And he meant sarcasm there.

 

Ssantokki00:                       Jinjja? O.o But you guessed it right that just means you’re smart! :)

 

                Kris literally face-palmed himself. He was not sure if Ssantokki was just playing along or she did really believe it.

 

Ssantokki00:                       Anyways, aren’t you excited for it? >.<

 

COOLduizhang:                 No.

 

                He lied. Who was he kidding? Of course he was excited for it. Dara, on the other hand, pouted in disappointment.

 

Ssantokki00:                       Aigoo, and I thought you’re a fan. :[[

 

COOLduizhang:                 Yeah, whatever :/

 

                That was what he could just answer. He waited for a while for Ssantokki to chat back, but unfortunately, there was no response. Kris started to feel uneasy and guilty, so he thought of something fast to keep the conversation going and to compensate for his short discouraging responses.

 

COOLduizhang:                 So, you comin’?

 

                Dara was feeling a little bit down with duizhang’s disappointing replies, and had no plan of messaging back at the moment, but the sudden beep from her phone surprised her and was lifted up upon reading her friend’s latest message.

                She thought twice first on what to answer.

 

Ssantokki00:                       I don’t think so :[[

 

                Of course it was a lie. She just answered that, to play safe, although there was no need to do so since they don’t even know each other personally.

 

COOLduizhang:                 Why?

 

                Kris felt quite disappointed with that. It would be great if Ssantokki would be present in the opening, so that he may have the chance to see her in person, but of course, he doesn’t plan on revealing his true self to her – yet.

                Dara thought deeply of an excuse why she supposedly ‘couldn’t attend’ the event. Luckily, she was able to formulate one quickly.

 

Ssantokki00:                       The event would only allow a fixed number of people to attend. I was not able to make it through T^T

 

                Kris frowned and felt sad for her. He could give her a pass, but he wouldn’t want to risk his real identity for that. He did not want to risk their ‘normal and comfortable’ friendship. He already like the relationship he has with this Ssantokki. He thought things might change if she would know who he really is.

 

COOLduizhang:                 It’s okay.

 

                He knew all he could do was comfort his dear cyber friend for the time being.

----------------------------

                Kris shifted his position again, trying to find the perfect pose for him to be able to finally sleep. It was already late and he still couldn’t sleep a wink. He had been constantly and uneasily changing positions on his bed from time to time.

                “Can’t sleep?”

                Kris heard his roommate’s voice from behind. He then sighed – perhaps his way of confirming it. He had his back facing Luhan.

                “Excited?”

                He groaned. He knew the older would definitely again nonstop. In the past few days, Luhan kept on reminding him about the nearing event, and would eventually to the point of annoying him. But he just let the doe-eyed member be, because if he complains, he knew Luhan would use that again to blackmail him for fun. Aish.

                “Don’t get the wrong idea,” he finally answered. He swore he heard the older chuckle.

                “I’m not. Just sayin’.”

                Kris just rolled his eyes. “Whatever,” he breathed out.

                Luhan, who was laying on his bed with his back facing Kris, turned around to face the leader, though Kris was just facing the wall on his side. He smirked playfully.

                “Don’t worry, hyung will help you tomorrow.”

                Kris finally shifted his position, laying on his back. He turned his head and looked at his fellow Chinese.

                “I don’t need it. Don’t you dare do something stupid,” he attempted to threaten the older.

                Luhan just rolled his eyes. “I won’t.”

                Kris raised an eyebrow, totally doubting Luhan. Sensing the younger glaring holes at him, Luhan turned around, now facing the wall. He still had that smirk plastered on his face.

                “Can’t wait for the presscon tomorrow!” Luhan cheered fakely. Kris knew the older was just teasing him. He rolled his eyes. He started to feel nervous. He had a bad feeling about this. He just hoped everything will be fine tomorrow.

 

 

----- End of Chapter -----

 

< Author's Note > A short update. I'm sorry, I know it's kind'a rushed and boring. But anyways, the next chapter would be about the grand opening / press conference, which means - an actual KrisDara interaction!! I still have no idea for it though, so please feel free to express your suggestions for the presscon :]