Suspicion

I Love My Chat Pal

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----- Chapter Six -----

 

 

                The boys groaned as they slowly got out of their vans. It’d been a long day for them and all they wanted that time was to rest. They got their own things from the vans and proceeded to the dorm. Most of them went straight to their rooms to change. Kyungsoo, who was too tired to cook dinner for the members, decided to just order fastfood.

                “Okay, I’ll ask the others what they want to eat,” said Suho, as he roamed to each of the rooms and began asking the members. As soon as the list was completed, Suho went down and called a fastfood chain.

----------------------------------

                Luhan found it very weird for their M leader to be smiling silently for quite some time. He stared at him and observed the younger’s behavior. His eyes were darted at the duizhang.

                Kris instantly snapped out his thoughts as he felt some prying eyes on him. He blinked several times and then looked at Luhan, who was definitely staring at him.

                “What?” Kris asked.

                Luhan smirked. “You’ve been spacing out since you arrived from the bubble tea shop,” He remarked. His eyes were still on Kris.

                Kris jerked his head away, avoiding the elder’s gaze and uncomfortably denied his allegation. The doe-eyed member just chuckled at ’s uneasiness which made his suspicions grow.

                “Really?” He asked with an obvious hint of sarcasm in his tone. He leaned against the wall.

                “Yeah!” Kris answered, with a trace of panic. Realizing this, he tried to calm himself so that the older won’t bug him anymore. Luhan was amused with Kris’ unusual behavior.

               “Think of something fast!” Kris commanded himself mentally. “Uh,” he paused. “A girl – a young girl recognized me. And she was very cute,” his excuse was almost true, except for the fact that she was young.

                Luhan made an ‘o’, and he suddenly gave off a malicious grin. “Yah! e!” he cried as he pointed his finger at him, faking a worried face. Kris was shocked that he defended himself, “Wait what? No! It wasn’t – I, no!” He couldn’t form an understandable sentence. “Argh forget it!” he waved his hand. Luhan just chuckled in amusement.

-------------------------------------

                Dara was still in ‘jetlag’ since her encounter with Kris. She was in daze. After having her lunch on her new favorite place – that bubble tea shop – she walked around aimlessly. She even caught the attention of by-passers. She couldn’t blame them, because she knew she was definitely grinning like a fool, but she couldn’t restrict herself from doing so.

                Her smile never left her face. She was now resting on her bed, yet her mind still kept on replaying that brief moment she had with Kris. She knew she couldn’t hold her feels any longer. She had to spill it all out – with somebody. She hastily grabbed her phone and scrolled on her contacts.

                “Chaerin-ah… Wait no, she’s in New York,” She whispered. “Bommie!” She said as she dialed Bom’s number, but unfortunately, it was out of reach. “Tch,” She pouted. She realized that Minzy was her only hope, and without any hesitation, she dialed her number. It rang, and Dara was relieved. She couldn’t wait for Minzy to answer – her tongue couldn’t wait.

                “MINJI-AH!” She yanked out of her bed and greeted the maknae excitedly right after Minzy accepted the phone call.

                “Y-Yo ---se—Da ---,“ the line was choppy and to Dara’s much dismay, it went off.

                Dara sank on her bed and heaved a sad sigh. “I guess this needs to wait ---,” she mumbled as she stared at her phone blankly only to think of an alternative idea. “--- or maybe not,” she giggled. She immediately opened the chatpal website and logged in, because she knew there’s someone else aside from her girls whom she could share some secrets with.

--------------------------------------

                While waiting for their dinner, Luhan took out some random magazine to read just to kill time. Kris, on the other hand, was again stuck on his phone. He had a very good day – no, ‘very good’ was an understatement. But he did his best to keep it all in again, to avoid any more suspicions from Luhan. He surfed the internet, but still ended up on this certain website he’s been hanging with several times – chatpal. He was surprised – well, not really – to see Ssantokki online.

 

                Ssantokki00:                       ^.^duizhang!! ^.^

 

                He chuckled as silently as possible.

 

                COOLduizhang:                 Yo. What’s up?

 

                Unlike their first conversations, the atmosphere has already completely changed. They grew comfortable with each other, like they became good friends. Though they don’t share their own personal information, it still didn’t affect their friendship.

 

                Ssantokki00:                       kekeke ;)

 

                COOLduizhang:                 So I guess, something good happened?

 

                Ssantokki00:                       BINGO! Duizhang’s really smart :)

 

                Dara . Kris just smirked.

 

                COOLduizhang:                 Whatever. So what happened?

 

                Dara’s feels never left her. She kept on giggling as she typed what happened to her that day. But of course, she somehow modified it to keep her identity a secret.

 

                Ssantokki00:                       You see, I bumped into him lately! X))

 

                COOLduizhang:                 That’s good then.

 

                Kris found it weird since he also happened to bump with his girl hours ago. Dara pouted at this duizhang’s seemingly un-interestedness and his coldness but she just shrugged it off because she was used to it and her excitement dominated her.

 

                Ssantokki00:                       Yes, yes I know! I bumped into him in a bubble tea shop!

 

                Kris’ eyes widened, and he almost choked with his saliva. “Coincidence?” he thought. He grew interested.

 

                COOLduizhang:                 So what happened?

 

                Dara chuckled as she thought duizhang was finally getting interested in her story. “Err, how do I say this?” she thought.

 

                Ssantokki00:                       Uhm, the place was really crowded and due to my clumsiness, I bumped into him!

 

                Kris patiently waited for the further details. There was a part of him telling him something he did not understand. His interest piled up.

 

                Ssantokki00:                       He apologized first and I followed. The atmosphere was rather awkward but I was really happy!

 

                Ssantokki00:                       But he was in a hurry so we didn’t get to talk much. He left. :[[

 

                There was a part of Dara telling her to not dig further into details and to just revise or summarize the whole story. She knew she would still be safe even if she told him the real story since she didn’t name the guy but her instinct told her not to do so.

                Kris noticed that most of her details were same as his but he just shook his head. “It’s too impossible,” he assured himself.

 

                Ssantokki00:                       I was so happy duizhang! My day was perfect! ;) How about you? How’s your day? :D

 

                “The most perfect of all,” Kris mentally answered. A smile slowly crept on his face, thinking of what happened earlier. It was probably the best day of his life.

 

                COOLduizhang:                 Good.

 

                That was all his reply. He was not the type of person who would openly share personal details and things to other people, especially when it deals with his emotions. He was quite secretive of this certain aspect in his life. He didn’t like the idea of sharing his personal things in details.

 

                Ssantokki00:                       Oh I see. (^.^)

 

                Kris suddenly felt guilty. This girl had shared most of her personal things with her, and yet he hadn’t really shared much. A tiny frown formed on his lips. He found Ssantokki really naïve, and it actually made him guiltier. He just sighed, and thought that sharing a bit of something won’t be that bad.

 

                COOLduizhang:                 I also met her. :/

 

                Dara’s eyes lit up with glee as she saw what duizhang told her. She was very happy for him, to think that each of them had a great day earlier. She knew how it felt to finally meet your special one, and she knew duizhang was feeling the same way as her.

 

                Ssantokki00:                       OMO! REALLY?! THAT’S GREAT DUIZHANG!!! :D XD

 

                Kris chuckled at her reaction. He felt satisfied, seeing how excited she was. He was amused.

 

                COOLduizhang:                 Yeah, it is.

 

                Ssantokki00:                       What happened? :]]

 

                Kris scratched his head with her question. He doesn’t want to dig into more details.

 

                COOLduizhang:                 I just saw her in a shop, that’s all.

 

                Dara made an ‘o’ face.

 

                Ssantokki00:                       Oh I see :)

 

                COOLduizhang:                 Yeah.

 

                Ssantokki00:                       We both had a great day then! Weee (>.<)

 

                Kris smirked. He can’t help but snicker at her childlike actions. He was amazed on how little things could get her so hyped up.

-------------------------------

                The food the boys ordered arrived and Kyungsoo, together with Suho, arranged the food on the table. The aroma of the food lingered around the dorm, which automatically invited some of the members to the table. Suho called for the other members to come down. They sat down on their own seats and started to feast on the food.

                “Where’s Kris?” Suho, being a good leader as he is, wondered. He noticed that the dragon wasn’t there with them. His question remained unanswered because the rest were busy feasting on their food.

                “Uh, hello?” Suho tried to get the others’ attention.

                Finally, kind Luhan replied to the K leader. “He’s still in the room,” he said unclearly for he still had food stuffed in his mouth.

                The K leader just clicked his tongue and decided to just go and get Kris himself. He went upstairs and went to Kris’ room. He slammed the door open, which definitely startled Kris. The duizhang hastily stood up and hid his phone behind his back.

                “What are you…doing?” Suho’s eyebrow was raised. He looked at Kris suspiciously, trying to take a peek at what he was hiding behind his back.

                “Nothing,” Kris answered coolly, unfazed.

                Suho still had some suspicions but he just shrugged. “Dinner’s ready,” he told him.

                Kris nodded. “I’ll be there in a minute,”

                Suho just sighed and then went back downstairs. With Suho lost in sight, Kris heaved a sigh of relief. “That was close,” he whispered. He wanted to keep this from s, simply because it was weird – chatting with some stranger. He sat back on his bed and decided to bid goodbye to this certain Ssantokki.

---------------------------------

                Suho went back to the dining table. He sat down and began eating his share. A little while later, the boys finished their share and rested on their seats. They talked about random things. As the boys were busy chatting, Kyungsoo noticed Kris’ share of food on the table, which was still untouched.

                “Yah, where in the galaxy is Kris-hyung?” Kyungsoo questioned. The members focused their attention on Kyungsoo.

                “I already called him a while ago,” Suho answered.

                “Maybe he’s still in his room,” the panda added.

                “What is he doing?” The members began to wonder. Murmurs echoed in the dorm.

                Suho cleared his throat. “When I barged in his room, it seemed like he was hiding something,” he stated. This aroused the others’ curiosity.

                “What could it be?” Baekhyun excitedly wondered. The others also wondered the same thing.

                Luhan hummed and realized something. “Yeah, I also noticed something strange with him,” he spoke up. All heads were in his direction. Silence followed.

                “I mean, it’s just an observation,” Luhan smiled uneasily as he waved both his hands ‘no’. “Anyways, it’s just that, he’s been very busy…” he continued. “…with his phone lately.”

                “Huh? Really? Why?” Minseok bombarded him with questions. The members leaned closer to Luhan.

                “Mostly on midnights, I often catch him stuck with his phone, like, he’s texting or talking with somebody,” he blurted out.

                The members made a ‘woah’ sound and grinned cheekily. “This is interesting!” Chanyeol and Kai said in unison. The boys formed similar ideas in mind. “A part of me wants to spy on Kris-hyung,” Chen commented. The others nodded in agreement. They talked and talked until they were interrupted by Kris, who went out of his room and proceeded downstairs. The dorm was filled with an eerie silence, which made Kris feel uneasy, and eyes were all on him. He stopped walking.

                “What?” Kris raised an eyebrow.

                The members immediately snapped and diverted their attention on other things. Kris felt quite awkward but he just ignored it and sat down on his chair to eat his dinner. Unknowingly, s had some plans on him.

 

 

----- End of Chapter -----

 

 

< Author's Note > Sorry for this not-that-interesting chapter. I ran out of ideas but I promise I'll do well for the next chapter. Thank you for reading ^.^