Midnight Buddies

I Love My Chat Pal

 

 

 

 

 

 

----- Chapter Four -----

 

 

 

                Ssantokki00:                       duizhang, do you believe in love at first sight?

 

Dara’s POV

                “Okay, what did I just type?” I suddenly realized what I just did. I hit my head several times. I didn’t know where that so random question came from. Maybe I just got too comfortable with this stranger I’m chatting with or I just got too carried away with my emotions. “Aish!” I slapped myself mentally. Of course I was embarrassed with my out-of-the-blue question. My chat mate would probably get crept out with this. Two minutes had passed and yet there was no reply from him. Not even a single letter, or an emoticon. I mentally sighed in defeat. “Pabo, Dara, pabo! Such a pabo!” I insulted myself. And out of my frustration, I messed my hair hardly. “I’m such a pabo!

                Just when I thought this duizhang got awkward with me because of my stupid question, I just closed our chat box and stared at the screen blankly. I sighed again for the nth time. “Now what?” I felt my hope was slowly creeping out me when suddenly that same chat box popped up.

 

                COOLduizhang:                 I’m not really a believer of such a thing :/

 

Kris’ POV

 

                Ssantokki00:                       duizhang, do you believe in love at first sight?

 

                I was quite surprised with her question. It was so – random. And I’ve never expected her to ask that kind of question either. But of course, I just shrugged it off. It’s not a personal thing anyway. It’s just a mere question. So I tried to think of what I would answer. I was never asked with that ever in my whole life, so I really thought about it. “Love at first sight?” I whispered. I didn’t really know what to answer. But, is love at first sight really possible? Hmm. Maybe not. It’s ridiculous. I mean, why would such a person instantly fall in love with a stranger at first sight? Well, yeah I got attracted to Dara the first time I saw her – on TV actually. But I couldn’t call it love automatically. So yeah, I just need to type my opinion about that thing, and so I did.

Dara’s POV

 

                COOLduizhang:                 I’m not really a believer of such a thing :/

 

                My eyes went wide when I saw him reply. I excitedly opened the chat box, only to be quite disappointed with his answer. “He’s not a believer,” I pouted. I knew I had no right to complain because everybody has freedom to express his opinions. But I actually believe in love at first sight. And I think it happened to me, when I first saw Kris. He caught my attention, and then I never forgotten him since that day. So I think it was really love at first sight – a budding love at first sight. After a series of thoughts, I started typing ‘Why?’

 

Author’s POV   

 

                Ssantokki00:                       Why? :(

 

                That question made Kris’ brain cells work hard again. He never thought this girl would put so much strain in his neurons, but he was still amused.

 

                COOLduizhang:                 Cuz I think it’s ridiculous.

 

               Dara was even more dismayed with his reason. She felt that she was also being ridiculous, for believing such a thing. She frowned.

 

                COOLduizhang:                 I mean, love isn’t instant. And, err, how can such a glance make us believe that we want to spend the rest of our life in the                                                                      arms of a stranger we have just seen for the first time? When one says that it’s “love at first sight,” I think “love” there is just                                                                more of a physical attraction. It’s not true love…

 

                Her disappointment suddenly turned into something positive. She didn’t expect such an answer. “I never thought of that,” she told herself mentally.

 

                COOLduizhang:                 Well that’s just my opinion though! -_-

 

                Dara just smiled.

 

                Ssantokki00:                       Are you a love expert? (^_^)

 

                Kris’ face flustered at her question. Was he too ‘uncool’ with his answer? Did it make him a little weird? He clicked his tongue, realizing how ‘uncool’ he sounded like, trying to explain such a lame subject such as love.

 

                COOLduizhang:                 NO. -_- It just came out of my mind!

 

                For a second, Dara was amused with duizhang’s rushed answer. He automatically answered right after she asked him the question, and she found it very cute.

 

                Ssantokki00:                       keke, you sounded like you are one! :3

 

                Kris’ slapped his forehead. “Now she’s making fun of me,” he whispered. He just sighed out of embarrassment.

 

                Ssantokki00:                       then, could it be that you’ve already experienced true love? :o

 

                Kris gaped at the sudden personal question. It was truly unexpected. He didn’t know why but his heart eerily started beating so wildly. Of course, the question was very personal for him. Yes, he knew he’s in love – with his Dara. He knew it was true love, and he kept it all in for a very long time already. His heart ached in the process.

                Dara was getting impatient for duizhang’s answer. She was eager to know, for unknown reasons. She was curious, and she didn’t see anything wrong with her question. She was just asking if he had his true love already. She wasn’t asking something that’s crossing the line. It was just a simple yes or no question, not complicated at all. While waiting, she uneasily adjusted herself on her bed, multiple times until she heard a beep on her phone.

 

                COOLduizhang:                 Yeah. But she doesn’t know it.

 

                Dara felt a pang in her heart. It was indeed undeniable that she has a lot of similarities with this guy. He has his one-sided love, and she has her own too. What coincidence they both were in.

 

                Ssantokki00:                       That’s sad :( We’re the same then. I like a certain guy but he never knew it. It’s…quite sad T.T

 

                Kris suddenly felt sympathy for this girl.

 

                COOLduizhang:                 Oh.

 

                Kris unexpectedly ran out of words for a while.

 

                COOLduizhang:                 Have you ever thought of telling him?

 

                Dara’s eyes widened. Her heart went wild. Her face turned red.

 

                Ssantokki00:                       NO! >-<

 

                Kris chuckled.

 

                Ssantokki00:                       I will never EVER do that! T.T

 

                COOLduizhang:                 Why? O.o

 

                Ssantokki00:                       Because I don’t think he’ll like me! >.<

 

                COOLduizhang:                 What made you say that?

 

                “It’s because…” Dara murmured as she felt her heart sank.

 

                Ssantokki00:                       Because there’s a huge gap between us!

 

                Kris was quite puzzled with her answer.

 

                COOLduizhang:                 Huh?

 

                Ssantokki00:                       Like, you know, there are a lot of pretty girls out there…

 

                “And our age…” Dara frowned at the thought.

 

                COOLduizhang:                 That’s…it? O.o

 

                Ssantokki00:                       Yeah ^.^

 

                Kris smirked.

 

                COOLduizhang:                 I don’t believe you. :/

 

                Dara was surprised. “Can he read minds?” she thought.

 

                Ssantokki00:                       I’m not a liar!! >:/

 

                Kris chuckled.

 

                COOLduizhang:                 And now you’re being defensive…

 

                “NO!” Dara cried mentally. Her eyebrows furrowed.

 

                Ssantokki00:                       I’m not! >:(

 

                Kris snickered once again.

 

                COOLduizhang:                 I still don’t believe you :P

 

                Dara just bit her lower lip. She’s never good in hiding things. She’s never a good liar. That’s why her members can see through her easily. And that’s also why she can’t hide anything from them. She doesn’t know how to keep it from him anymore. Maybe she should train more on lying effectively.

 

                Ssantokki00:                       Okay fine! Yes, there are lots of prettier girls out there…

 

                COOLduizhang:                 And?

 

                Dara sighed in defeat.

 

                Ssantokki00:                       And I’m older than him by few years T.T

 

                Kris’ eyes widened. He suddenly remembered Dara. She was older than him, but he didn’t really care. Age is just a number anyway. And 5 years isn’t much of a gap.

 

                COOLduizhang:                 Is that even a big deal? You know what they say, “Age doesn’t matter.”

 

                Ssantokki00:                       But it does!

 

                COOLduizhang:                 The girl I like’s older than me. But I don’t really care.

 

                This lifted the spirit of Dara. Her eyes suddenly glowed with glee. She felt that she still has hope. This duizhang made her hopes come back again. She smiled, and she was very touched of what he just said. It made her feel delighted.

 

                Ssantokki00:                       Really? Thank you so much duizhang :3

 

                COOLduizhang:                 For what?

 

                Ssantokki00:                       For cheering me up! ^.^

 

                Kris just smirked.

 

                COOLduizhang:                 I did not. Just stating facts.

 

                Dara giggled cutely.

 

                Ssantokki00:                       Oh really? Stop acting cool. xD

 

                Kris choked at her statement. His face turned pink.

 

                COOLduizhang:                 I’m not. >:[

 

                Dara chuckled.

 

                Ssantokki00:                       Fine. xD

 

                Kris sighed in relief.

 

                Ssantokki00:                       I’d like to ask you the same duizhang ;] Did you even tell her what you feel? ^.^

 

                Kris froze for a moment. She caught him off guard again. “She’s getting back at me,” he thought.

 

                Ssantokki00:                       duizhang? O.o

 

                Dara became worried. He wasn’t answering for quite some time already.

 

                Ssantokki00:                       You still there? :[

 

                She tried to keep the conversation going. She patiently waited for his reply.

 

                COOLduizhang:                 Yeah.

 

                Dara sighed in relief. “He’s still there,” she mumbled.

 

                COOLduizhang:                 I have the same reasons as yours, except for that age thing though.

 

                Dara mouthed an ‘o’. “We do really have a lot of things in common,” she chuckled.

                It was quite a long night for the two. They chatted for somewhat a long time. They were enjoying it, to the point that they were not able to notice the time. They only stopped when Luhan suddenly woke up, which definitely startled Kris. They were not able to say their goodbyes properly, but they still enjoyed.

-----------------------------

                Since then, almost every night – usually on midnights, the two continued talking with each other. They talked about silly things, shared some jokes and some serious things too. It was not hard for them to feel comfortable with each other in a short period of time. They usually sneak on late nights just to chat with each other. Kris kept this a secret from his other members. Same goes with Dara. They liked each other’s company, though they did not know each other personally, they just felt comfortable. They talk about things that they couldn’t tell their own members, and they didn’t know why. All they knew was that they found a very good friend over the internet.

 

 

----- End of Chapter -----

 

< Author's Note > Sorry for this very late update. Okay, so they've finally became good cyber buddies! Yey! And guess what the next chapters will be focusing on? It's a S-E-C-R-E-T :) Thank you for subscribing! I appreciate it so much. This story might not be good, so please keep your expectations low :) Subscriptions, upvotes, comments, and what not are always welcome :)