Surprise

I Love My Chat Pal

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----- Chapter Seven -----

 

 

                “Tch,” Chanyeol gritted his teeth soundly as he was busy with something in his phone. The members looked at him, annoyed. He was very noisy.

                “Aiish!” He then suddenly shrieked. Sehun, losing his patience, became very irritated with his hyung that he rushed to Chanyeol and snatched his phone away.

                “Yah!” Chanyeol screamed as he tried to get his phone back. “Give that back!” he threatened.

                Sehun just raised an eyebrow and mockingly placed the phone in his pocket. “You’re being noisy and it’s irritating,” he said bluntly. Chanyeol just groaned in defeat and slammed himself on a nearby sofa.

                “What’s wrong with you?” Baekhyun asked him as he poured water in his glass. He looked at the big-eared member.

                Chanyeol just clicked his tongue. “No updates, no updates,” he answered. “Dara-noona hasn’t updated her IG and twitter.”

                The boys just rolled their eyes because of this giant’s stupid statement. They thought he was just being irrational, behaving that way just because of a simple reason.

                “2ne1 sunbaes are very busy, just so you know,” Baekhyun said as he sat on a couch.

                “Yeah but still, it’s been weeks!” The K rapper cried. He stomped his feet repeatedly.

                “Stop it. It’s only been a week!” Baekhyun corrected. He rolled his eyes at the happy virus. Chanyeol pouted, “But it seemed like weeks,” he whispered.

                “Just ignore him,” Sehun suggested, and the others decided to do so.

                The boys were all in the dorm since their management gave them a day off. They thought that they should just spend their day resting. The others were in the living room, watching TV. Lay was in his room, sleeping. Kyungsoo went to the cinema to watch a movie alone, and some went out to go somewhere. They finally had time to do what they wanted to.

                “Where’s Kris-ge?” Tao, who was all-showered and dressed, suddenly asked as he ran down the staircase.

                The others looked around and found no sign of the M leader. “Oh yeah, he went out,” Chen answered the M maknae without eye contact, for he was busy playing with his phone. He saw Kris going out a while ago.

                Tao’s eyes widened. “Wait, what?!” he shrieked. He ran around to find Kris. “But he promised to accompany me to go shopping!” he pouted.

                “And he left you,” Chen laughed. “You’re so slow. He went ahead,” Baekhyun added. The M maknae stomped his feet in frustration and just went back to his room. The others just laughed at him.

------------------------------

                Kris got tired of waiting for Tao that he just decided to go ahead. He missed wandering around the city. He looked around shops and malls. He was of course in a disguise. He wanted a peaceful shopping even just for once.

                After a while of looking around, he found a nice shirt and some accessories that would complement it that he wanted to buy in a certain mall. He went in line to the cashier to pay for the items when he bumped into a magazine stand. He scanned the mag issues. Though he wasn’t really fond of reading magazines, one was able to grab his attention. He first looked around, side by side, just to – err – make sure no one was looking at him. When he found no one, he slowly neared the stand and grabbed that certain magazine.

                His eyes were glued on the magazine. It was probably his first time giving attention to these kinds of entertainment stuffs. He wanted to open the material, but unfortunately, it was sealed. Kris sighed.

                “Sir?” The cashier suddenly called him. It was his turn to pay.

                Kris snapped and faced the cashier. For a moment, he glanced back at the magazine he was holding. He had the urge to buy it, but a part of him said otherwise. But of course, he went with the first option. He decided to buy it.

-----------------------------

                It took a while for Kris to finally go back to the dorm. He tried to hide his shopping bag when he went in and he was greeted by his other members.

                “Yah what took you so long?” Suho asked with his eyebrow raised. He eyed the duizhang intensely as he leaned his hand on the top of a table and tapped his fingers on it simultaneously.

                “I was just out for a while,” Kris answered nonchalantly. He slowly inched to go to his room, with his hand firmly gripping his shopping bag, which he hid behind him.

               “Well, it’s just been almost 7 hours,” Tao sarcastically remarked with bitterness, obviously because Kris ditched him.

                Kris just rolled his eyes. For Pete’s sake he’s not a child anymore. He was about to walk to the stairs when Minseok saw him holding something.

                “Kris, what’s that you’re holding?” Minseok, who was sitting comfortably on the couch, eyed the M leader’s shopping bag. Minseok’s remark made the others look in Kris’ direction.

                “Is that food? Ooh I hope so!” Minseok excitedly got up and dashed towards Kris. Kris inched backward, trying to protect the bag from baozi.

                “N-no it’s not food!” Kris denied. He had one of his hand trying to shove Minseok away and the other holding the bag in the air.

                “Let me see! Let me see!” Minseok tried to reach for the bag.

                “No. Stop it,” Kris insisted, still protecting the bag from him.

                Luhan observed the two. “I wonder why Kris-hyung is acting quite panicky with that bag,” Luhan wondered with his eyes still on them.

                Chen and Kai looked at each other and smiled cheekily. Curiosity dominated them. They knew they had the same thought in their minds that time. Without any second thoughts, they ran towards the other two and decided to help Minseok.

                “Yah! What are you do--,” Kris yelled as he was being ‘harrassed’ by his nosey members. Kai locked his arms on the duizhang’s shoulders to hold him in place. Chen, finding the opportunity, grabbed Kris’ arm which held the bag and quickly snatched the thing.

                “Yah!--,” Before the leader could react any further, Chen opened the bag widely and examined the things inside. The other members chuckled in amusement while some just mentally face-palmed themselves because of the members’ childish behavior.

                “Tch, nothing. Nothing interesting inside--,” Chen complained before he laid his eyes on something very unlikely to be of Kris’ possession. “—wait, what’s this?” he exclaimed as he revealed the thing out of the bag. The curious members looked at what he was holding.

                Chanyeol’s eyes widened on what he just saw. “Huh, aren’t those 2ne1 sunbaes?” Sehun commented. The others mouthed an ‘o’.

                Chen examined the magazine cover, and then eyed Kris suspiciously. “What does this mean, hyung?” Kris just remained silent.

                “Wah! Does that mean Kris-hyung’s a fanboy?!” Kai reacted as he let go of Kris. Murmurs descended.

                “Oh no,” Kris cursed mentally. Though his face remained unfazed and emotionless, deep inside he was not – definitely.

                “Ooh, looks like Chanyeol’s not the only one now,” Baekhyun teased. He smirked.

                Chanyeol gazed at Baekhyun and then to Kris. “Waah! Hyung is that true?! Is it, is it?!” he cried as he neared Kris. The members eyed the M leader.

                It took a while before Kris finally spoke up. “Tsk,” he rolled his eyes with irritation. “I just saw that in the mall and decided to buy it because I know Chanyeol would go nuts for it,” he told them. For once, he prayed that the members would buy his statement.

                The members still had the same look in their faces, saying that they were not quite convinced with the leader’s explanation. Kris noticed this. “Fine, believe what you want to believe, I don’t really care.” He suddenly said.

Tic

Toc

Tic

                “UWAAAH KRIS-HYUNG I NEVER KNEW YOU WERE CARING AND SWEET!!” Chanyeol was overwhelmed – too much that he motioned to hug duizhang but before he could do so, Kris shoved him. “Ew, go away,” he said.

                “THANK YOU! THANK YOU HYUNG!” the K rapper still attempted to hug the M rapper and Kris still tried to shove him away. “You gotta pay for it. Nothing’s free nowadays,” Kris answered.

                The members laughed at the happy virus’ reaction and did not suspect Kris any further. They just threw away the thought of Kris being a fanboy of 2ne1 simply because they thought that it was too impossible to happen.

                Chanyeol grabbed the magazine from Chen and dreamily looked at the cover. He was mesmerized by the girls, most especially by Dara. He smiled so widely that it made him actually look creepier than he usually is. The others flocked to Chanyeol to take a peek at the magazine. Kris couldn’t do anything to get the magazine back so he just looked bitterly at Chanyeol with the magazine which was supposedly his.

                “But Kris-hyung, aren’t these Chinese characters? I can’t understand it!” Chanyeol was supposedly talking to Kris but he noticed that Kris suddenly disappeared. “Kris-hyung?” Chanyeol tried to call him but he was nowhere. He just sighed, “Anyway, there’s still Luhan-hyung,” he mumbled as he asked Luhan to translate the whole magazine for him.

----------------------------

                Kris closed the door of his room a little bit stronger than usual. He leaned against it and sighed. “Great,” he sarcastically remarked. He supposedly bought the magazine for himself but he ended up giving it to Chanyeol. He wanted to read it, but it was too late – and he almost got busted by s. Sensing that he couldn’t do anything about it, he just shrugged and slammed his body on his bed.

-----------------------------

                2ne1 was having an interesting girl talk when Dara’s phone suddenly rang. She immediately took her phone and excused herself from the girls to answer the call.

                “Yoboseyo?” Dara answered as she held her phone closer to her ear to hear the one on the line clearly.

                CL, Minzy and Bom looked at Dara as she was seriously talking on the phone for quite some time already. They got quite curious on who the bunny was talking to. Judging from Dara’s gestures and facial expressions, they knew she had a serious matter going on with the one she was talking to.

                “Mwo?!” Dara suddenly reacted so loudly that it echoed all over the practice room, startling the other girls. But what startled them the most was when Dara unconsciously dropped her phone on the floor, frozen, with a very much surprised expression.

----------------------------

                Kyungsoo called s for dinner. He had the luxury of time to cook and prepare a meal for the others. He prepared plates and placed them properly on the dining table. He definitely missed cooking and the kitchen itself.

                The others slowly went and sat around the table. Suho asked Minseok to wake Lay up for dinner. Lay did nothing but sleep for the whole day. Minseok went to Lay’s room and woke him up successfully. After a while, they all gathered on the table, except for one – Kris wasn’t there.

                “Where is he?” Suho asked and faced Luhan, because Luhan was Kris’ roommate. The deer stared back at him and scratched his head. “He was with his phone…again,” he answered.

                The members looked at each other. It was already known to them the Kris has been busy with his phone lately. And of course, it stirred their curiosity. An idea suddenly popped up in their minds. Even Suho knew what the others were up to. They grinned evilly, and without a word, they hastily ran upstairs, towards Kris’ room.

                “Yah! Where are you going?!” Suho and Kyungsoo asked in unison. They looked at each other. They wanted to stop them from doing what they were planning to do, but both of them knew the boys wouldn’t budge. They couldn’t do anything but to just follow the rest upstairs.

------------------------------

                Kris went online in chatpal, thinking that Ssantokki might be online that time too. It has been a week since they last chatted with each other. He was bored, and during times like this, Ssantokki would usually save him from boredom. He scanned the online users list, but no ‘Ssantokki00’ was in it. He just sighed and was about to log out when he heard a loud banging of his room door.

                He looked at the direction of the sound and it startled him when he saw all of s came marching to him and started holding and gripping him in place.

                “H-hey, wha--,” Kris struggled, trying to free himself from their grip. He was puzzled. “What are you doing?!” he tried to ask, but was left unanswered. Chaos occurred.

“The phone! The phone!” Kai exclaimed. He was holding Kris’ legs down. Kris noticed that most of them eyed his phone, and he suddenly got the idea that they were somehow aiming for his phone. He immediately tried to close the web browser down, since it was directed to the chatpal website. But Chanyeol managed to grab Kris’ hand.

                “Not so fast!” Sehun smirked.

                “Sh--,” Kris cursed almost inaudibly. He almost successfully closed the browser down, but Sehun was fast enough to grab his phone.

                “Got it!” Sehun announced as he waved the phone in the air and showed it to his hyungs.

                “Y-yah!” the M leader yelled. He tried his best to get his phone back, but the others held him in place very well. They made so much noise.

                Sehun moved away to look at the phone but was interrupted by a loud voice.

                “Yah! What is going on here?!”

                The members froze. They knew who owned that certain voice. They knew it perfectly. Most of them gulped in terror. The slowly turned their heads to the direction of the voice.

                “M-manager-hyung!” The boys said in unison.

--------------------------------

`               “Aish! You boys, really,” the manager ‘face-palmed’ himself for their behavior a while ago. They were all gathered in the living room. “I can’t believe I’m handling kids,” he added.

                The boys just chuckled at their manager’s remark. Kris mentally thanked their manager for saving him. He almost got busted but thanks to the manager, Kris was able to get his phone back and his secret wasn’t leaked – for now.

                The manager coughed before he started telling the reason why he suddenly visited the boys during their day off.

                “The truth is, sajang-nim told me to inform you about your upcoming project,” he started. He looked at the boys one by one. Side comments and reactions were heard.

                “Well, it’s actually a CF.”

                Hearing this, the boys groaned. Sure, it’s fun filming a CF, but somehow, it started to lose its spark since they already made quite a number of it.

                “For what, hyung?” Lay questioned. The boys started to listen intently.

                The manager hummed. “It’s not a food CF anymore,” he revealed.

                Some were relieved since they wanted to try something new, while some were just neutral. On the other hand, Minseok was saddened because he honestly liked filming food CF’s.

                “It’s actually for a perfume brand – a perfume collection.”

                The boys made an ‘o’ sound.

                “And there will be a collaboration, of course,” the manager smirked. This somehow raised the boys’ interest on the said CF.

                “With who? With who?” Tao excitedly and impatiently asked. His eyes shined. The members were also eager to know who they’re going to collaborate with.

                The manager first gave a dramatic pause, to increase the suspense but the members shrieked at him for him to spit the details out already.

                “Tch, these kids,” the manager sighed. “Very impatient.”

                The boys made no more sound. The manager cleared his throat.

                “You’re going to collaborate with Park Shin Hye…”

                There were ‘woahs’ and ‘oohs’ heard throughout the dorm.

                The manager was pleased with their reactions. He was relieved that the boys were somehow interested with the project. But that was not all.

                “Yes, you are collaborating with Park Shin Hye…” he repeated.

                “…and Sandara Park,” he added, this time, with a smirk.

                Chanyeol’s eyes widened. His jaw dropped. He couldn’t believe what he just heard. He definitely couldn’t believe it – and so was Kris.

 

 

----- End of Chapter -----

 

 

< Author's Note > I'm very upset lately. Please, NO PLAGIARISM. Please. Anyways, since many asked for this, voila! They'll be making a CF!! Thank you for the idea. I hope this works out. Thank you very much and SUBSCRIPTIONS and UPVOTES are very much welcome :)