A Secret?

I Love My Chat Pal

 

 

 

 

 

 

----- Chapter Twelve -----

 

 

                Later that night, Suho decided to watch DVDs with the other members. The boys agreed, since their schedule for tomorrow wasn’t hectic and that their work starts in the afternoon already – which means they had the luxury to stay up late. They all gathered and positioned themselves in the living room – minus Chanyeol, who already went to his room.

                Though they just had their dinner, watching a movie would not be complete without popcorn, and so Chen miraculously volunteered himself to cook it while the others argue on what to watch.

                “So, how about this?” Sehun grabbed a DVD of a horror movie and showed it to his hyungs. The boys looked at it.

                “I will feel bad for Tao if we watch that,” Baekhyun mocked, eyeing the M maknae teasingly.

                Tao scowled. “I’m not scared,” he lied, raising an eyebrow to his hyung.

                “Oh really? I bet you’ll end up screaming and crying,” the eyeliner diva chuckled.

                “Says the one who screamed his lungs out in the horror house back then!” Tao retorted back, glaring at the provoking hyung. Baekhyun flinched and scowled back at him. The others burst out in laughter.

                “Anyways, how about…this?” Minseok picked his choice from the pile of DVDs. It was an animated film. The members shook their head ‘no’, which made the baozi pout so cutely.

                “Oh wait, I WANT TO WATCH THIS!” Kai cried as he waved the DVD he wanted to watch. The boys peeked at it and nodded. It was an action-slash-fantasy movie.

                “Great, I haven’t watched that yet,” Sehun approved.

                Luhan took the DVD and began to place it in the DVD player. Kyungsoo turned off the lights, to give themselves a cinema-like atmosphere. The boys made themselves comfortable and waited for the movie to play.

                “But I’ve already seen that,” Kris mumbled.

                “It’s your problem, Kris-hyung,” Tao stuck his tongue out at the M leader.

                “Brat,” Kris muttered as he rolled his eyes on the younger. Honestly, he did not like the movie. And neither did he want to watch it again. So, he stood up and sneaked out of the living room and went to his bedroom instead.

------------------------------

                Kris laid down on his bed, staring at the ceiling. He heaved a deep sigh as he tried to reminisce all the great things that happened earlier. He recalled every detail, even the smallest ones. And unconsciously, his lips curled upwards in the process.

                It took some time before he snapped out of his daydream. He shook his head and decided to just sleep everything off. But unfortunately, he wasn’t sleepy at all. He slowly lifted himself and sat at the corner of his bed. He was bored. He thought of going back to the others, but he knew it would make him more bored because the movie itself was boring. He thought of other things to do, that may possibly lull him to sleep. He laid on his bed again, after he took his phone. He decided to play games but later got tired of it.

                “What to do now?” Kris sighed – before an idea suddenly popped in his mind.

----------------------------

                Dara went straight to her room, after she had her tiny stomach filled. She still felt giddy. Who can blame her anyway? She was too overwhelmed with all the things that happened to her and she knew for a fact that she would not be able to sleep a wink.

                Instead of fangirling like crazy, alone, she thought of a better idea to keep her sane. She took her phone from her bag and instantly typed a website she had been interested with for weeks.

 

Welcome back, Ssantokki00!

 

                Without any hesitations, she proceeded to the ‘Online Users List’ to search for her cyber buddy. She silently prayed for him to be online, and luckily, he was.

 

Ssantokki00:                       DUIZHANG! ^.^

 

                Kris was surprised that a chat box popped up suddenly when he was still on the verge of scrolling the ‘Online Users List’. He smirked at the familiar message sender.

 

COOLduizhang:                 Yo.

 

                Dara let out a soft giggle.

 

Ssantokki00:                       Long time no chat! Keke :))

 

                Kris mentally chuckled at her response.

 

COOLduizhang:                 Seriously? As far as I can remember, our last chat was barely two days ago. :/

 

                Dara clicked her tongue. “Aish, this jerk,” she thought before she giggled once again.

 

Ssantokki00:                       Wasn’t that ‘a long time ago’ already? <:/

 

                Kris smirked.

 

COOLduizhang:                 Do you miss me that much? >:)

 

                Dara’s eyebrows furrowed. She shook her head in disapproval.

 

Ssantokki00:                       You’re imagining things, Mr. Duizhang. >:P

 

COOLduizhang:                 Oh really? You know I can read minds. :/

 

                Dara raised an eyebrow, not believing him.

 

Ssantokki00:                       Oh really? HAHA. >:)

 

                Kris smirked for the nth time.

 

COOLduizhang:                 I can sense some suspicions in your mind. Well, allow me to get rid of those.

 

                Dara just laughed at his ridiculous joke. “Whatever.

 

COOLduizhang:                 I know for a fact why you want to chat with me today. :/

 

Ssantokki00:                       Cocky much? keke. I’m gonna give you a chance though. Why then? >:)

 

COOLduizhang:                 Because you want to talk about him and all the things about you and him working together.

 

                Dara gasped in surprise and mouthed an ‘o’.

 

Ssantokki00:                       OMG HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT?! O.o

 

                This time, Kris laughed.

 

COOLduizhang:                 Do I need to repeat myself? I can read minds.

 

                “NO WAY!!” Dara’s eyes widened in shock. She suddenly felt nervous and scared with what the duizhang had said. “N-no way, if t-that’s true then he might ---,” her thoughts were cut off when she heard another beep, indicating a new message from the duizhang.

 

COOLduizhang:                 Just kidding though. You’ve been practically talking about him and this marketing job you share with him for the past few days.

 

COOLduizhang:                 So it’s pretty much obvious you’ll be talking about him again. :/

 

                Dara’s jaw dropped when she finally realized that she almost – well, actually, she did – believed that he could read minds, which definitely scared her. She scowled at her chat mate through her phone screen. Her face was flustered and she felt like she wanted to strangle duizhang right there and then.

                Well, that was the problem with Dara. She’s the type of person who gets fooled so easily – but when it comes to compliments and things about Kris, she never believes them since she has very little self-confidence. That’s why her members love to pick on her because she’s way too innocent.

 

Ssantokki00:                       HOW COULD YOU! I ALMOST BELIEVED YOU CAN READ MINDS!!! >:((

 

                Kris was surprised. “Wait, did she actually believe that?

 

COOLduizhang:                 You believed that? Wow, even grade-schoolers won’t fall for that. :/

 

                Dara scowled once again and pouted.

 

Ssantokki00:                       I hate you >:(

 

                Kris chuckled. He never knew Ssantokki could be this naive.

 

COOLduizhang:                 Woah. You mad? I was just kidding. :/

 

                Dara just sighed and let her frustrations out of her system.

 

Ssantokki00:                       Well, whatever. >:/

 

Ssantokki00:                       And uh, do I really talk about him a lot?

 

COOLduizhang:                 Did you just realize that now? :P

 

                Dara just clicked her tongue.

 

Ssantokki00:                       Whatever :P Anyways, duizhang. I’m really really really happy today!! >.<

 

COOLduizhang:                 Go on.

 

                Dara gave off a wide grin as she typed what she wanted to say.

 

Ssantokki00:                       You won’t believe what just happened! >.<

 

Ssantokki00:                       For the first time, he looked at me right in the eyes for quite a long time! You have no idea how my whole system just froze that time!! ^.^

 

COOLduizhang:                 That sounds…a little exaggerated. Haha. Go on. :)

 

                Dara chuckled cutely. She felt more giddiness as she tried to narrate the events to her cyber friend.

 

Ssantokki00:                       And then, he hugged me!!! OMG duizhang he hugged me! He hugged me TIGHTLY! Can you believe that?

 

                Kris snickered at his cyber buddy. This made him recall what happened during the CF filming, which was eerily similar with what Ssantokki told him that happened to her during the day.

 

COOLduizhang:                 You’re just over-thinking things. That’s impossible. :P

 

                Kris tried to annoy her, much to his amusement. Dara pouted.

 

Ssantokki00:                       FYI he did really hug me! And I AM NOT just imagining things!

 

                Kris laughed evilly. He didn’t know why but lately, he grew fond of annoying this Ssantokki.

 

COOLduizhang:                 HAHA. Ridiculous. Dream on. >:]

 

                Dara hissed and pouted even more.

 

Ssantokki00:                       I swear it’s true! And it wasn’t even in the script! If you still don’t believe me, go check the CF yourself!

 

                Dara panted as she mentally screamed her heart out, trying her best to convince duizhang that Kris really did hug her. She took a deep breath to calm herself. When she managed to compose herself, she opened her eyes to check on the chat box. Her eyeballs almost popped out when she realized what she just sent.

                “OH MY GOSH!” Dara cried as she yanked out of her bed, with her hands tightly gripping her phone.

-------------------------------

Ssantokki00:                       I swear it’s true! And it wasn’t even in the script! If you still don’t believe me, go check the CF yourself!

 

                Kris’ eyes widened as he read the message Ssantokki just sent him.

                “And it wasn’t even in the script! If you still don’t believe me, go check the CF yourself!” He tried to read that same phrase all over again. He suddenly felt that something was really going on.

                “Wait, what did she mean by checking the CF? What CF?” Kris started to get confused and nervous, for unknown reasons. “And what wasn’t…in the script?” He got up and sat at the corner of his bed, still with his eyes glued on his phone. His hands somewhat grew cold. He had this unexplainable feeling going on inside him.

-----------------------------

                “OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! WHAT DID I JUST DO?!” Dara felt her eyes getting wet as she violently ruffled her hair in annoyance. She paced back and forth, unsure of what to do and what excuse she will say to her chat mate.

                “What if he figures out that I’m an idol?” She sighed loudly. “What should I say?” She was literally in panic. It was a known fact for the 2ne1 girls that Dara is a terrible liar.

                Beep.

                As soon as she heard a beep, she immediately checked on her phone.

 

COOLduizhang:                 CF? What CF? Are you a CF model?

 

                That was it. Dara became scared and nervous. She couldn’t think well of an excuse. Her mind became hazy that she couldn’t think straight.

 

Ssantokki00:                       No! I’m not a CF model. I’m sorry, I sent a wrong message! :(

 

                Kris raised an eyebrow.

 

COOLduizhang:                 ??

 

                Dara gulped loudly.

 

Ssantokki00:                       I mean, that message wasn’t meant for you! It was for my other chat pal!

 

COOLduizhang:                 …

 

                Dara grew more nervous. “I-it seems like he’s not b-buying it,” her voice became shaky. “Omo what to do? I’m such a pabo! What should I do?” She didn’t know why but she felt that she needed to support her poor excuse to persuade duizhang to believe her.

 

Ssantokki00:                       I swear it was meant for my other chat mate. You see, we’re talking about Dara and EXO’s latest CF!

 

                Dara tried her hardest to cover it up. Little did she know that she just made things worse. She was clueless that she sounded so defensive already.

                Kris, on the other hand, mouthed an ‘o’ with what Ssantokki just told him.

 

COOLduizhang:                 Dara and EXO have collaboration in a CF?

 

                Kris just tried to go with the flow. Seeing his reply, Dara managed to release a sigh of relief, thinking that she managed to get herself out of trouble. She went back to her bed and laid down in her most comfortable position.

 

Ssantokki00:                       Yes! It was said that they’ll have a CF together! I’m so excited. ^.^

 

                Kris smiled at her statement.

 

COOLduizhang:                 Why are you so excited about that? :/

 

                Dara blushed.

 

Ssantokki00:                       I mean, you know that I like Kris, right? Like, he’s my favorite EXO member too. And I also like Dara.

 

                Kris chuckled. He was flattered with what she said.

 

COOLduizhang:                 And?

 

                Dara took a deep breath before answering him.

 

Ssantokki00:                       Duizhang. Honestly, what do you think about Kris and Dara? Like, as a pair?

 

                 Dara blushed madly. On the other hand, Kris choked on his own saliva with her sudden question. His eyes widened in surprise. He then blinked several times trying to confirm that he read her question right.

                “Uh,” Kris felt his cheeks slightly heat up thinking of an answer. "Of course they are perfect," he thought as he typed those words, but decided to take it all back.

 

COOLduizhang:                 I think they’re…okay.

 

                Dara frowned. She was quite disappointed with his answer.

 

Ssantokki00:                       Just okay? :(

 

                Kris’ eyebrows furrowed. He frowned partly.

 

COOLduizhang:                 Why a sad face?

 

Ssantokki00:                       Nothing. I mean, I just thought you idolize Kris and you also happen to like Dara. Don’t you think they look together?

 

                Kris was dumbfounded with her question and of course, his face turned into a shade of pink. He wasn’t expecting this. He was caught off guard.

 

COOLduizhang:                 Yeah. They look good together. Actually, I think they look perfect for each other.

 

                Kris knew that it’s okay to dream on. Dara, on the other hand, gasped at his answer and yanked out of the bed again, jumping around, squealing. She was so happy to know that there’s someone who thinks she and Kris look good together. She giggled cutely.

 

Ssantokki00:                       REALLY?! That’s what I also thought! Keke ^.^

 

                Kris smiled. He had no idea that there are people who ship Dara with him. It was flattering for him, and it definitely made him happy.

------------------------------

                The following day, EXO’s manager went to the dorm a little bit earlier than scheduled. The boys greeted him with groans.

                “Hey, hey, is that the right way to greet your manager? Aish,” the manager complained as he entered the kitchen where the boys were, eating their late breakfast. They just chuckled.

                “Looking at you, it seemed like you slept late last night,” the manager concluded as he dragged a seat near the boys and sat on it.

                “You bet. We had a movie marathon,” Chen replied vaguely, since he had his mouth stuffed with food. The others eat silently, their eyes were droopy.

                “Hyung, why are you quite early today?” Chanyeol spoke, as he scooped his rice and ate it.

                “Well, I had things done early. I had nothing to do so I came to check on you guys.” The boys just shrugged.

                “Oh, and I also want to remind you something.” This time, the boys paid attention to their manager.

                “What is it, hyung?” Suho politely asked, now facing their manager.

                “About the CF, don’t say a word about it.”

                Kris shot his head up, looking at the manager. The others tried to ask why they should keep mum about it.

                “It’s actually a surprise. The perfume company decided to surprise the people, so they told us to keep it a secret first until the CF is released.”

                Kris choked on his food, earning laughs from the boys, while some threw a worried look at him. He coughed and coughed while Luhan, who was sitting beside him, tapped his back, trying to help the M leader.

                “Oi, Kris, are you okay?” The manager asked, eyeing the duizhang worriedly.

                “Yah! Kris-hyung, you should eat slowly!” Chen mocked him again, making the others laugh.

                When Kris finally recovered from his choking, he took a glass of water and drank it, and then faced the manager.

                “What do you mean hyung? The public doesn’t know anything about the CF yet?” he asked. His eyes were eerily fixed on the group’s hyung.

                The manager nodded. “I believed the companies were careful enough to keep everything a secret for now.”

                “Are you sure?”

                The manager’s face wrinkled. “Y-yes, Kris. Is there something wrong?”

                All eyes were on Kris. “N-no, nothing.” Kris uncomfortably said as he turned back to his food.

                “Weirdo,” Chen mocked him again, earning laughs.

                Luhan looked at Kris worriedly. “Are you okay, Kris?” He said as he tugged the taller’s shoulder.

                “Yeah. I’m fine.”

                Luhan didn’t seem convinced with Kris. He noticed the M leader’s uneasy expression, as if he was thinking of something.

                “If the whole CF collaboration’s a secret, how come… How come she knows about it?” Kris thought as he unconsciously stuffed his mouth with too much food, choking for the second time.

 

 

----- End of Chapter -----

 

< Author's Note > Another short update. I promise the next one will be much longer. Anyways, it's been bothering me, what do you mean by "pwp"?