One-sided

I Love My Chat Pal

 

 

 

                           

 

 

 

----- Chapter One -----

 

@krungy21: It's been a really long time, but with Donghae, my friend of 10 years~!!!!  It was so nice to see you~ I will look forward to more good performances from you in the future!  Fighting ^.^

                                                         

                Sitting on his bed surfing the internet on his very own iPhone, Kris sighed at the sight of Dara’s recent tweet. He read the caption over and over again, as well as the picture posted with it. His eyebrows furrowed. His tongue clicked. He can’t help but to feel sad and not to mention, jealous. Of course he would be, since he’s a hardcore fanboy of Dara, even more than Chanyeol, and perhaps, even before his fellow giant rapper. But he kept this a secret. He doesn’t want s to know. He doesn’t want to get teased at. And he doesn’t want to interfere with Chanyeol’s fantasies over Dara. And, he finds it not cool to fanboy. He’s the “cool Kris” of EXO after all.

                Kris’ day will never be complete without a dose of his Dara. May it be viewing pictures of her, reading updates about her or 2ne1, listening to her songs, or checking her social media accounts – anything that involves his Dara. Of course he would sneak every time he does these. It’s his big secret. He likes Dara. He loves Dara. He can’t deny that, no matter how hard he tries to. She’s Dara after all. Who wouldn’t get captivated with this goddess? She’s very pretty, err no, beautiful. She’s very cute and adorable, talented, and has this 4D personality. She’s indeed one of a kind.

                “I’ll never have that chance,” he muttered to himself. He stopped checking out Dara’s twitter and threw his phone on the other side of his bed. He sighed again before he slowly lay on his beloved bed, with his head resting against his arms. His thoughts wandered for a little while. And then he thought of Dara once again, for the nth time.

                “I can never have her,” he thought to himself. “I can’t even dare to make friends with her.”

                He felt hopeless. He felt like it even more after seeing that picture of her with his sunbae, Donghae. They looked good together, Kris admitted it. And many fans ship them together. And they were comfortable with each other. And they were friends. How he wished he was Donghae.

 

Kris POV

                “I’ll just have to give up,” I thought to myself as I stared blankly at the ceiling. I knew it from the start. Dara will never notice me. She has a lot of fanboys, and they are far better than me. Even big idols like her and I’m definitely sure she would choose them over me. Darn it. I’m becoming over dramatic lately. That’s not like me. Darn it. I took my phone and stared at a picture of Dara that I kept in my phone. I looked at it intently. I examined every detail of her face. No words can describe how beautiful she is. “It’s hard not to fall in love with her,” I mumbled. But I knew I don’t even stand a chance against her other fanboys. And I’m slowly trying to accept that fact. She will never be mine. Ever. This thought made me mess my hair up out of frustration, and my phone end up flying to the other side of the bed again. I hastily got up and sat at the corner of my bed. I’m angry at myself. I didn’t know how to deal with all these stuffs anymore, and now I’m hopeless.

                “I just have to get her off my mind,” I suddenly spoke up. Yes, that’s what I need to do, that’s the right thing to do. I’ve had enough of her. I must end this now. “But how?” I questioned myself. And it seemed like I’m not going to get any answer if I just sit down and do nothing. But what will I do? That I do not know. I can’t think of anything. I don’t know how to start. Aish, I’m tired. I just took my phone again and surfed the internet. I just searched for random things. I’m not in my right mind anyway. I typed EXO, and then my name, and then Ace, then Basketball, then chicken, and then Sandara Park – well, scratch that out. I just continued what I was doing. And as I was aimlessly typing random stuff on the search engine, an online advertisement caught my eye.

 

                                                              

               I took a closer look at this advertisement.

                “Chat…pal?”, I wondered. I clicked it and it lead me to the website. “A social networking site? He,” I chuckled. The whole advertisement was hilarious. How would one find love in a social networking site? I do believe that we can make friends with people on the internet, but love? Who are you kidding? Only stupid and desperate people would bite on these things.

                But I was bored. And I want to get Dara sunbae out of my mind, desperately. And as of now, I have nothing to do. I want to go out but I feel lazy. I also want to try something new. Unknowingly, I found myself clicking the sign up button. I’ve never imagined myself doing this. Uh, well, I’m bored anyway.

--------------------------------

               “Sandara Park, what are you doing?” Bom asked loudly as she approached Dara, who was currently busy with something on her laptop.

                As soon as Dara heard Bom’s voice, she immediately closed her laptop. She uneasily turned around to face her fellow member. “N-Nothing, Bommie. Just…ah… “ With her eyes avoiding Bom’s and wandering around the room, she tried to make an excuse, yet she ran out of words.

                Bom stared at her, with her one arm on her waist. She raised her eyebrow and examined the uneasy rabbit. “Tch,” she then clicked her tongue as she rolled her eyes. “Fangirling again?” She chuckled.

                “N-no! I’m not fangirling!” Dara insisted, her eyebrows furrowed. But before she could set her eyes on her member, she found Bom scanning her ‘private things’ on her laptop. “Bommie!” she cried as she tried to stop Bom. She caught the corn queen’s arm and tried to pull it as hard as she could, but it didn’t budge.

                “As I thought, you’re fangirling again,” Bom grinned, with her eyes still glued on the screen.

                Dara sighed as a sign of defeat and had nothing to do but to let go of Bom’s arm. She stood up straight, with her eyes on the ground. She was as red as a tomato. Her girls knew it already anyway. She's got nothing to hide from them. She was definitely embarrassed of herself.

                Aware of the sudden silence, Bom stopped scanning and she faced her beloved friend. She smiled to her. “Dara,” she softly muttered as she reached for Dara’s hands. Dara was still looking at the ground. “Oh come on, Dara. Why the long face?” Bom chuckled as she cupped Dara’s face and made the rabbit look at her.

                “You’re so cute when you’re red as tomatoes!” She as she pinched Dara's nose. “Bommie!” Dara reacted. Bom just laughed and reached for Dara’s hands once again. “Come on, why wouldn’t you make friends with him?” She asked frankly.

                “Y-you know I can’t do that!” Dara cried and made a cute pout. “You know I’m older than him,” she reasoned out. Bom suddenly tapped her shoulder.

                “If you ask me, you totally look his age,” Bom replied. “Or even younger,” she added.

                “You’re just saying that ‘cause I’m your friend,” Dara insisted.

                “Woah, I bet the polls would agree with me too.”

                “Whatever. But still, there are a lot of cute girls in this industry and are much younger than me. And if I were him, I’ll definitely choose them.”

                Bom clicked her tongue once again. “San-da-ra Park!” she exclaimed as she poked Dara on her forehead.

                “Ow! What was that for?” she reacted as she rubbed her sore forehead.

                “You’re not him anyway. You don’t know his ideal type. And what if he secretly likes older girls? Or what if he actually likes you? Come on Dara, have faith in yourself.”

                “Stop it. I don’t want to expect.” Dara frowned. She's definitely underestimating herself.

                Bom just sighed. She felt tired arguing with this girl. Dara doesn’t have any self-confidence at all. It has always been like this. It’s been hard to encourage her on this thing. Even Chaerin and Minzy got tired of this. No matter how hard they try, Dara would always look down on herself. Feeling worn out from all the argument, Bom just sat down on the chair nearest to her.

                “Okay fine. Let’s just stop talking about him,” she surrendered. She can’t believe how Dara is so against herself. She’s beautiful, kind, caring, talented – everything the boys would ask for. But here she is, so pessimistic, so not like her 4D self.

                “Bom unnie! Dara unnie!” The maknae started to call them downstairs. As Bom and Dara were arguing, Chaerin and Minzy were downstairs doing their thing and preparing dinner. “Come on now, dinner’s ready!” Chaerin seconded.

                “Coming!” Bom stood up and signaled Dara to eat.

                “I’ll just follow in a while,” Dara answered.

                Bom raised her eyebrow and then sighed, “Okay, make sure to follow.” Dara nodded and Bom directly went out of the room. Dara was left alone in the room. She sat down in front of her laptop and looked at the screen.

 

Dara’s POV

                I examined every picture of him that I saved in my laptop. He was handsome, yes he is. And he was mysterious, for me. I don’t know why and how it all started but I got attracted to him. His stoic face, his tall height, his strong charisma, everything was so attractive. He is famous. He has a lot of fans, most are fangirls. He’s really...admirable. I don’t know what to say. I just saw him personally for the first time in Gayo, he caught my attention, but I thought it was just nothing. I didn’t even know his name. But from then on, I kept seeing him on music shows, awarding ceremonies, and on tv. And I found myself looking and glancing at him.

                “Aigoo, stupid Dara,” I mumbled as I hit my head with my fists softly.

                Before, all I knew was that he was part of the famous rookie group ‘EXO’. I tried to search his name on the internet. Kris Wu. Kris Wu was his name. That mysterious-looking guy was Kris. His name suits him well, and I loved it. From then on, I kept thinking about him.

                I tried to keep it to myself. I tried to keep my feelings for him a secret. But unfortunately, my girls found out. I had no choice but to tell them the truth – they forced me to. But of course, nobody else knew about this, only us four. And they kept teasing me, and it made me fall for him harder.

                But I know I’m not good enough for him. He was younger than me. And they are a lot of young girls who are a much prettier than me in this industry. I would never stand a chance against them. And that’s slowly ripping my heart into pieces.

                I need to get Kris out of my mind. That’s the right thing to do for now. I’m just tired of this feeling. I’m not happy. I’m lonely. And he’s the reason. I desperately need to get him out of my heart. And I don’t know how.

                “Snap out of it, Dara!” I mumbled to myself. I hit my head again. Sigh. I just closed the folder with Kris’ pictures and then decided to go on twitter. I was about to log in when I saw a certain advertisement.

 

                                                              

                “Chatpal?” I murmured. I clicked on the advertisement and it directed me to the said website. I find it kind of intriguing 'cause I never knew one can find love on the internet. I don't believe it yet. Finding friends online? Yes yes I believe that. I even experienced that. Keke. But all I wanted for now was to get rid of Kris and totally forget him. And I want to have an account where I can freely do or say what I want and make friends with others without them knowing that it’s me, an idol. Sometimes, I just want to be just Sandy – as what my mom calls me. A normal person. And I think joining Chatpal will make these happen.

                “I guess it wouldn’t hurt to try. I’ve heard Chatpal from others and it’s getting quite popular these days,” I said as I clicked the sign up button.

 

 

 

----- End of Chapter -----

 

 

< Author's Note > Hello everyone. It's my first time writing a fanfic here for AFF :) And I know this story may not be as good as others but this just came out from my head. And ooh, I'm not advertising chatpal, I made it all up and also the advertisement. If chatpal.com really exists, I guess it's just a coincidence? Keke. Anyways, thank you for your time :)