Chapter 3

My Life Changes With a Little Help from a Fortune Cookie

-Hana's POV-

I stared at the figure next to me as we sat together in the back seat of a taxi. It was like I was looking at a 3D movie of my old self...Out of all the things that could have happened to me last night, I went ahead and got a soul transfer with a really bratty girl who things way too highly of herself. I mean it took me about twenty minutes to get it into Seoyeon's head that changing body's with her was not on my top list of things I wanted to do. I mean that girl actually thought that I had planned to be into the body of some stranger to live her supposedly perfect princess-like life...I mean hello woman does it look like I'm having a good time here?! I mean really?!

After Seoyeon finally started to believe what I was telling her, and after we both got over the shock of what had happened to us (I mean it's not every day that you wake up to realize that you have a new body!), we put our minds together and figured out that on the night before the whole incident happened, we had both been dining in the same Chinese restaurant and that after opening our fortune cookies we had both out only to wake up to see what had happened. Well as you can see it didn't exactly take Einstein’s brain to figure out that there must have been something fishy about those cookies...

That's why before I knew what was happening, Seoyeon had taken my hand and dragged me into the first taxi she saw. So there I was, sitting in a taxi, with a stranger in my old body, driving towards a Chinese shop that I wouldn't have even been in if it wasn't for my best friend's crazy obsession with k-pop idols!

Shortly after we arrived at the restaurant. Seoyeon grabbed my, well actually it really was her’s, bag out of my hand and paid the taxi driver. Then we both walked out and stood in front of the place that had, in the course of a few hours, turned our whole lives upside down. The restaurant looked like a normal and innocent enough place. No one who walked by it could ever guess what crazy things their fortune cookies could do!

Seoyeon stormed through the front door and I quickly followed behind her...well, here we go...

 

-Seoyeon's POV-

I walked into the restaurant and slammed my hands onto the front table where a youngish girl, who must have been the cashier, sat behind. The girl flinched as my hands made contact with the table just a few centimeters away from where her elbows where rested.

"I want to see the owner of this place, now!" I barked at her. The girl shot out of her seat and scurried to go and do what I had told her to. Just watch, I thought to myself, I will tear this shop brick by brick if I have too...I am Kim Seoyeon and no one messes with me.

 

-Hana's POV-

A man around fifty and something came to greet us, he was partly bald and wore large harry potter like glasses.

"How may I help you young ladies?" He asked kindly.

"How can you help us?!" Seoyeon screamed. Aish this kid, did she have to be so crazy? People were starting to give us strange looks. I mean I was angry too but I didn't go around screaming and banging my hands against different things. The poor owner looked terrified as he stared at us probably wondering why two high school girls were in his restaurant shouting at him.

I slowly pushed Seoyeon out of the way and stepped forward to face the middle aged man. Shouting wasn't going to get us anywhere. We needed to sort things out as fast as possible.

"Anyeonhaseyo ajussi. My name is Park Hana. My friends and I ate here last night. But something strange happened after we opened our fortune cookies...do you remember me?" I said.

The man nodded his head quickly, clearly happy that someone was talking to him rather than trying to bite his head off. "Yes of course I remember. I remember both you girls. You fainted...at exactly the same time. It was really very strange." He replied. Huh? Strange? Dude, you don't even know half of the story. "But what was even stranger than that was what my mother told me. She said that you would be back again, and that when I see you, I should take you to her...she's the one who makes the fortune cookies."

Seoyeon and I followed the old man as he led us to the back of the restaurant where the culprit, I mean nice old fortune cookie making lady, was waiting for us. We walked into a small room where an ancient looking woman, with wrinkled skin and long snow white hair, was sitting on a cushion on the floor and drinking tea from a cup. Two other cushions were also placed on the floor in front of her, and the owner of the shop pointed for us to sit down on them. After we sat, the man made a quick exit and we were left in complete silence.

Seoyeon and I looked at each other with uneasy eyes. It was obvious that we were both scared of this weird looking old women.

"So it has happened," she said. I jumped a little when I heard her voice. She had a strong, deep voice for someone so small and fragile.

"H-h-h-haramoni, do you know us?" I asked with a trembling voice.

"Aniya," she replied, "I just know your future."

She took a sip of her tea while I stared at her with round eyes. I saw Seoyeon roll her eyes at the old women, and I knew that she didn't believe a thing the woman had said, but me? Well I wasn't so sure. I mean I was in the body of someone else so the fact that this old grandmother knew my future didn't seem like such an impossible thing.

"The moment you two walked into my restaurant I knew that there was something strange about you." The woman continued. "I knew straight away that your lives were somehow knotted together from the minute you were born...and now the spirits have switched you into the other life."

"Bo?!" Both Seoyeon and I whispered in surprise. This woman knew that we'd switched bodies, and she was talking about it like it was the most natural thing in the world...sorry to be the one who brakes this to you but spirits don't just go around every day putting people in different bodies, arsso?!

"Little girl," the grandma looked at Seoyeon and asked, "what is your hearts deepest wish at this moment?"

"I-I-I just want my life back." Seoyeon answered, she was definitely starting to believe what the woman was telling us.

"But you have hurt someone very dear to you, in the past. Have you not?!" The old woman asked.

Seoyeon dropped her head in...shame? As if she knew exactly what the woman was talking about. What did she do? I thought. Did she kill someone?!

The grandma took another sip of her tea and continued talking "In new times people no longer believe in Karma, and the energy that good and bad brings. But let me tell you something my children, Karma is very real...hurt someone and later on you will receive equal pain somewhere else, and do you know what the biggest pain of all is? It's love...The biggest pain is when your heart is broken into a million pieces."

I watched as Seoyeon's head bent even lower than before...What is this? So we switched bodies because she broke someone's heart? I mean what? Just what?

"My child, your friend has done wrong." The old women said as she turned to look at me. Wait...my friend? Look ladie, I hadn't even seen this girl before your weird fortune cookie threw me into her body, so let's just get this straight, she is not my friend..."And now it is up to you to correct her wrong." What?!

"But Haramoni…weren't you just talking about the balance of good and bad?" I asked completely confused. "How is this her punishment when I have to do it for her?"

"As I said from the start, you two have a peculiar case. Your life lines have been twisted together since you were born and now you must right the wrong she made, in order to fix the wrongs that the spirits did to you." The old woman said as she placed the half empty cup on the floor and looked into my eyes. “She broke his heart, but you must fix it again...you must make him love you, the you that is in her body. You have two months...or else the change the spirits made shall become permanent and you will forever be trapped in the other's life..."

 

ALLRIGHT THAT'S THE END OF THE THIRD CHAPTER. I KNOW IT WAS REALLY REALLY BAD BUT I COULDN'T THINK OF HOW ELSE TO WRITE IT...BUT IN THE NEXT CHAPTER EXO ARE FINALLY GOING TO COME INTO THE STORY SO PLEASE STAY TUNED, THIS STORY WILL DEFINITELY GET BETTER! ALLRIGHT SO I'M GONNA SAY THIS AT THE END OF EVERY CHAPTER...YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS..."PLEASE SUSCRIBE AND COMMENT!!!!"

OK I'M GOING NOW, LOVE YOU GUYS...OVER AND OUT;););););)