Chapter 10

My Life Changes With a Little Help from a Fortune Cookie

-Hana’s POV-

“What do you think you’re playing at?” Seoyeon asked me, my last class of the day had been let out late and the school parking lot was empty besides her and I, she had obviously waited so we could talk in private.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I replied giving her a cold stare.

“Don’t play dumb with me Hana, what the hell do you think you’re doing?!”

I tried to doge her so I could get to my car and drive off but she took me by both of my shoulders and made me stop.

“You’re using my father’s name and you didn’t even bother to tell me before hand.” She all but screamed at me.

You left me with no other choice!” I retorted. “You still love him don’t you? You love him and that’s made you forget what we’re supposed to do. How could I have told you about my plan, when you’re never even around anymore?”

“Are you jealous?” She asked me, making me roll my eyes in response. “I’m only spending time with Luhan so I can make him trust me for the plan…that’s it.”

“Are you sure about that?”

She looked at me with uncertain eyes. My fears were now confirmed. She loved him, even if she still doubted it.

 

-Seoyeon’s POV-

“Are you sure about that?” Hana asked me. That made me stop. Was I sure about it? I knew that I did in fact still love Luhan but was that clouding my decisions?

“I thought so,” Hana growled at me, “let me make this clear for you Kim Seoyeon-ssi, I will reverse what the spirits have done to us whether you’re going to help or not.” She pushed past me and this time I didn’t stop her.

 

That day I had been eating lunch with EXO when an angry Sehun had slumped into an empty chair at our  table saying that his teacher had placed Kai and him in a group with Hana, or who they thought was Seoyeon, for the upcoming end of semester showcase.

The showcase is always held 2 weeks before the summer holidays and counts as one fourth of our final grade, but more important than its academic aspect, it’s a way for students to show their talents and maybe a chance to get scouted by an entertainment agency. Of course EXO didn’t need any more attention than they already had from the fans but the school still forced them to take part in the showcase and now apparently the two maknaes were being forced to share their final stage with Hana.

“Why?” I asked while taking a sip of my drink. “I thought we could choose our own group mates?”

“Technically we should be able to, but apparently Kim Seoyeon used her father’s name to make the teacher do what she wants.” Kai was the one who answered me.

I almost choked at what he said, Hana had used my father’s name to get closer to EXO? She used my father’s name without even asking me first? I was angry at her and I could practically feel the rest of the boys’ anger too.

I glanced at Luhan and saw the disgusted look on his face. Is that really how he feels about me? I thought to myself. Is that what he will look at me like, if he knew who I really am?

After school I stayed behind to talk to Hana and ask her just what she thought she was doing. I wanted to push some sense into her and make her see that forcing herself on the boys was not going to get us anywhere. But after I shouted a little at her, Hana’s last question made me hesitate…“Are you sure about that?”

Am I sure about it? Am I sure that I’m the one going with the plan and that Hana is the one ruining it? Can I even trust what I think anymore?

 

-Hana’s POV-

She left me with no other choice. I didn’t know what else I could do. Seoyeon didn’t even bother calling me after the day she left me hanging at the Coffee shop. Every day at school I saw how much closer she had gotten to EXO and Luhan but yet she hadn’t tried to bring me into their circle of friends. I was feeling desperate so when I saw the flyer for the summer showcase I did the first thing that came to my mind…I bribed a teacher. Yes, you read that right I, the former innocent Park Hana, bribed my teacher. I shamelessly used Seoyeon’s father’s name to be put into the same group as Sehun and Kai and it actually worked. The teacher actually listened to me and gave me a new hope to win over EXO’s heart.

Seoyeon can act as angry and betrayed as she wants but in reality I am the one that was betrayed, she’s the one that went behind my back and what I believed to be our friendship. She’s the one that lost my trust first…so if she has anyone to blame it should be herself.

The end of semester showcase is a big deal for everyone at this school, but it’s an even bigger deal for me, it’s a way for me to get my life back…and there’s no way I’m going to lose this chance…

 

 

A/N: So, a late and short update guys…I’m sorry. My finals are starting in a week and it’s my first semester in uni so I actually need to get good grades, that means I’ll probably be updating less. I won’t stop writing, just my chapters will probably be shorter and farther apart…I hope you guys can understand where I’m coming from!

-Ok so don’t forget to Comment and Subscribe everyone!-