2

Boy Meets Girl: The Beginning

Kris was inside his study when his butler went in. He glanced at him and asked what brought him here.

“Miss Kim of Honda Group is here.”

Kris immediately went numb and shock. Is Naeun home? He stood up almost knocking off his kneecap on the edge of his desk because of nervousness and excitement at the same time.

He cleared his throat. “Let her in.”

“Annyeong oppa!” A cheeky voice resonated through the four corners of the room. Kris’ shoulder deflated when he saw her enter. It was Naeun’s sister, Yooin.

Yooin saw Kris frown in disappointment. She smiled.

“Did you really expect it was unnie?”

Kris pretended not to be caught in act of a while ago but the younger had already sought so he didn’t answer her. He just missed Naeun so much.

“Silence means yes. Unnie will come home soon, just have to have a little more patience, oppa.” Yooin sat down on the cushion like she owned the room. Kris stopped working and looked at her.

“She will?”

Yooin laughed at his soon-to-be brother-in-law’s innocence. “Of course. She will be here in my wedding.”

Kris gaped. The lady laughed even more.

“You’re going to get married with Myungsoo? You two are—“

“Still kids. Why does everyone still think that we’re not on the legal age to marry each other? My god, I’m in my 24 already. Myungsoo is in his early 25.” Yooin said, pouted.

Kris didn’t know what to do so he just smiled.

“Well, I guess, congratulations, you two have my blessings.”

“Not yet, oppa. You and unnie should give your blessings to us together. I have an invitation for my wedding next month. I hope to see you there, oppa.” She handed me white invitation with a pink ribbon wrapped around it.

“Bye, oppa! See you around!”

Kris watched her leave.

He sighed.

When will Naeun and I get married? He thought.

 

 

“Perhaps a food court can be place here instead of another set of clothing store.” Kris said, surveying the wide place. He wasn’t in charge of surveying but he felt going out of his prison called office to breathe in fresh air.

The staff nodded and scampered away. A lady approached Kris from behind. The latter almost stumble down in surprise.

“Nana? You look...different.”

Nana, one of the prettiest lady in South Korea and the princess of the famous Dazzle global clothing line, was back in Seoul.

“Stunning and y.” Nana grinned.

“How are you? I heard you and that chic of Honda Group is in a relationship. What happened to the model?”

Kris gave her a menacing stare. Nana defensively put her hands up.

“Sorry, I do not know you’re still wounded about that.”

Kris narrowed his eyes at her again. Nana laughed.

“Okay, I’m sorry. I was just kidding you. You’re too serious.” She slapped his arm.

“When did you come back?”

“Like an hour ago. I passed here to buy caffeine then I saw you. Wow so typical business man like your father.” She complimented, looking at Kris from head to toe.

Kris rolled her eyes. “Are you on vacation cause if you aren’t I’m going to treat you Korean food.”

“So, if I am on vacation, you won’t?”

“Yes.” Kris nodded.

Nana pursed her lips. “Chinese .” She muttered.

Kris smiled when he heard it. “Your tongue, woman.” Then he circled his long arm around her neck.

 

 

Chanyeol groaned in frustration as he skimmed through the pages of the documents. He had so many paper works to be done before the conference meeting. He needed to settle these as soon as possible. If he weren’t placed in the present position he has, maybe he is lounging around the company, supervising his few staff but now it felt like he needed to keep in check of them 24/7.

“Jongin! Set me a meeting with the Go for the proposal.” He said.

Jongin, Naeun’s former Secretary and now his, bowed and left without a word.

Chanyeol’s phone beeped and Chanyeol set it in loud speaker. A soft rumble was heard then silence.

“Hello dear cousin!” It was Naeun. The mockery was so obvious from her.

“Looks like we’re having fun with the papers.” She teased.

“Shut it, Naeun. I’m busy. Call me later.” Chanyeol was pissed off but deeply inside, he was happy that his cousin called him.

“Oh, oh. Don’t hang up on me, oppa. Don’t you miss me?”

“Nope. I do not. What do you need?” He answered, signing the last paper. He gratefully sighed and rubbed his temples. Great day.

Naeun mumbled something but Chanyeol didn’t clearly catch them. He sighed.

“How’s Milan there? Can we exchange place or something?”

“What? Don’t you like it there?”

“Kris wants you to be here. I’m just paying my bet.” Chanyeol said, obviously mocking her. He stood up and grabbed his coat. He needed to be in the meeting in 10 minutes.

Naeun gasped on the other line. “Bet? What are you guy—“

“Oops, did I slip? Nothing. Forget it—“

“Chanyeol, what—“

“It was nothing, okay? Just making reasons why we should exchange place to work. When are you going home?”

“Screw you, Chanyeol. I’ll never go back home.”

Chanyeol held his laughter. Naeun was now pissed. He, together with his secretary, walked in the elevator.

“Very well then. I don’t even miss you so until we never see each other, bye!”

“Fine! Next month, I’m going to take a visit but will really be home by next year.”

Then Naeun hung up and that was the time Chanyeol broke out laughing. 

 

 

 

~~~~~~

Taeyeon-Dream-Concert-2013-taeyeon-snsd-

subscribe and comment!! - taetae