5

Boy Meets Girl: The Beginning

Jin was clad in an Armani suit and a pair of shiny black shoes. His hair was neatly cut & styled. Everyone inside the building turned their head as he passed by. Ladies gaped in surprise.

He was in business mood today. Jin, together with his secretary & the Honda Supervisor, walked inside the metal doors.

“What are your business today, young master Go?”

“I need to talk to your CEO. Our company needs help.” Jin said, fixing his coat.

The supervisor wrote something on a record sheet and welcomed him to the CEO’s floor.

Jin’s eyes roamed around the spacious, white-walled room. Then he spotted Naeun’s secretary outside.

“Welcome to Honda Group, Young master Go. Young miss Kim is inside her office.” She bowed. Jin wasn’t used to it but he stiffly nodded in return. The supervisor left them with her.

Young Miss Kim? Jin thought. Miss Kim? Is that the girl I met the other day?

“Do we need to schedule a meeting?” Secretary Robert asked.

The lady nodded. “Young miss Kim is currently available today. But if you really wanted to talk to her personally, I can let you in.”

“We’ll schedule a me—“

“I want to. I need to talk some things in private. So, can you?”

The lady bowed once again and entered the room. A minute passed, she went out & scooted to the side.

“You may now go in.”

Jin thanked the lady and suddenly his hands went clammy in nervousness. Jin exhaled as soon as his secretary opened the door for him.

“Seok Jin-ssi?”

Naeun stood up from her chair and faced them. She gasped at them. Jin was also shock. This was the reason why his hands were sweating. Because of her. The girl who is very determine and quite annoying with her iPad.

“I know you. You were the one who broke my gadget.” Naeun said in acknowledgement. Jin just stood straight although his eyes were panicking.

“Miss Kim, you are deeply mista—“

“No, you don’t know me. We haven’t even formally met yet. I’m Go Seok Jin of Go Industry.” Jin butted in with his deceiving statement. He lied and it did the trick because suddenly, Naeun’s aura became lighter. Jin swallowed.

Naeun pursed her lips. She could really feel that it was him. Sighing, she let go of it, maybe it was another person and not this guy in front of her.

“I’m sorry. You may take your seats.” She smiled, gesturing the two gentlemen to sit. “What can Honda Group help you?”

Jin didn’t know what to say or do; he only knew how to act. He cleared his throat and began speaking with the aid of his secretary.

“As you can see, our company, the Go Industry is in downhill, and the only option we have is to create partnership with one of the strongest, stockholders in Korea and that is your company, Miss Kim.” Jin said, monotonously. It sounded like he memorized his lines.

“I see and I’m very sorry to hear that news. This company is indeed generous to the need of others but we do not just say yes directly. It’ll take time to think but—“

“This is our last choice. Our one & only choice, please. Please help us.” Jin said rather pleading. Naeun blinked. She read him and vividly saw how scared & genuine he was.

But business is business.

Naeun didn’t know how to respond. She was completely stunned.

“Go Industry has so many ways in helping a company release new stocks but others use and turn us down after.” Jin's Secretary added.

Naeun smiled warmly. “We could talk more of this in a board meeting. I wanted to help, of course but my decision won’t just be mine; it would go around the BOD.”

In an instant, Jin stood up in delight and happiness after hearing the respond. Finally, Go Industry will be back on the track. He walked towards her and showed his hand for a shake.

Naeun slipped her hand in and shook. “Arrange a meeting with me and I’ll see what I can help.” She let go and Jin nodded.

“Thank you so much. I’ll look forward to a good business with you.” Jin said, looking at her with such gratefulness. Naeun just flashed her trademark smile.

Something hit his heart.

Jin and his secretary bowed and walked out. As Jin walked out of her office, he paused and gave her a one last look; there was something different about her.

 

 

Kris had been calling Naeun incessantly. Why wouldn’t she pick up? He thought. He looked at his watch. 3pm, it should already be morning there. He let out a frustrated sigh and went back inside the Chef Do Cuisine.

Chanyeol, Yooin & Myungsoo were enjoying themselves. They didn’t notice Kris going back to his seat until the latter grunted. Chanyeol glanced at him.

“Someone’s getting crabby.” Yooin said in a sing-song voice. Myungsoo chuckled lightly. “You okay, oppa?”

Chanyeol watched him. Kris looked at him then held his phone high just level on his eyes. His tea hadn’t been touched since they sat down.

“Naeun’s not picking up.” He groaned.

Then the three started laughing. Kris raised his eyebrow and stared at them intently. Chanyeol coughed to stop his voice from getting louder.

“You’re acting like a girl, Kris.” Chanyeol started. “That cousin of mine is just too busy. Thank yourself, she still had time for you.”

Yooin and Myungsoo stopped once they heard what Chanyeol just said. Yooin watched them in the sideline.

Kris placed his phone down with a thud. He was obviously boiling. Chanyeol blinked. It wasn’t his intention though, Kris mistook his words.

“So, what do you mean huh?”

“Woah, calm yourself down, Kris. I was saying that, despite your long distance relationship, Naeun still managed to have some time with you. You know how busy you are two. She couldn’t even call me because of her work.” Chanyeol explained.

Yooin inhaled and let out an awkward laugh. “Right. Okay? Do you guys have anything to do after this? You two could—“

“No, thanks, Yoo. I better head off to work again. I have a meeting. Thanks, Myungsoo. Take care of Yooin.” Kris stood up causing his untouched tea to spill. Chanyeol stood up and wore his shades. Yooin grabbed his arm.

“Where are you going?”

“Back to the company.”

“Aren’t you gonna stay—“

“C’mon, Yoo. Myungsoo’s with you. I gotta leave. Bye!” Chanyeol bid goodbye and walked out of the place, trailing behind Kris.

Yooin pouted. Myungsoo slowly her hair. “My big brothers went out. I’m alone now.”

“I’m still here. Let’s go have some fun trip, arasso?” Myungsoo smiled.

“Okay!”

 

Still half-frustrated, Kris walked to his car just beside Chanyeol’s when Chanyeol called him.

“Hey, Kris. Wait up.”

Kris turned, welcoming Chanyeol with a blank face. The latter breathed out.

“I know you’re irritated with Naeun not picking up your call—“

“I’m not angry at her—“

“My cousin is busy. She’ll make it up to you.” Chanyeol continued, putting his hands on his waist. He looked like a bench model. And the two of them looked like tall mannequins standing outside. Flawlessly stunning.

Kris sighed. “I’m sorry. I just couldn’t wait. Yes, thanks for the concern, Chanyeol. I really appreciate a lot.” He said, opening the car’s door.

Chanyeol watched him.

“I still hate you for kissing my ex-girlfriend.” Kris shouted as he pulled his car out of the parking area.

Chanyeol smirked. 

 

A/N: How is it? Subscribe & Comment!