3

Boy Meets Girl: The Beginning

“The meeting will end here. Thank you.” Naeun dismissed the Committee board and she walked out of the Conference room. Everyone greeted and bowed at her in respect just like how the Korean employees do.

She hopped inside her GTR and drove out of the company’s parking area. Naeun cruised around the Corso Bueno Aires, one of the lively streets in Milan, and spotted a guy standing beside an old lamp post. She thank god she was wearing shades because the guy was looking at her.

She slowly halted the car in front of him. Suddenly, Naeun acknowledged him.

She removed the shades with such grace and called the unknown guy out.

“Hey! I know you!” Naeun pointed him.

The guy was taken aback and raised his brows.

“Me?”

“Yes. You were the one who broke my gadget. I haven’t forgiven you yet.”

“So what for me?” He asked, not totally affected by the damage he made. Is he that stupid?

Naeun still insisted so she hopped out of her car and walked towards him. The guy checked her out and he almost got slapped by her.

She grabbed her ipad from the bag and showed it to the guy. The guy just stood there. Naeun felt her temper boil.

“Fix this. I want my gadget to be back to normal. All good.”

The guy chuckled. “That’s it? Why don’t you say so?”

He grabbed the gadget from her grip and started walking like some cool guy.

Naeun was losing her temper to him. She smiled nevertheless and followed him.

“Because you were just gone like poof.”

“I’m sorry. But, why don’t you repair it on your own, you’ve got the mon—“

“Stop right there. You bumped into me and you are responsible on what you have caused damage so don’t go play money on me.” Naeun spat. The guy laughed even more.

“Well done. Aren’t you a Korean?”

Naeun stopped on her tracks and was surprised at the question.

“I’m not talking to a stranger. Now, hurry.”

“You were now. I’m from Seoul. Name’s Jin Go.”

Why didn’t she notice right away? She could go Korean on him than hardened herself to speak English. Well, English was just an easy thing for Naeun anyway.

Naeun rolled her eyes and shook her head.

“Doesn’t change the fact you’re still a stranger to me.”

Jin smiled, entering the repair shop just beside a clothing line store. There were so many people in the street. You could just get lost in the swarm. Naeun followed him inside.

“Oh, Jin, hello.” A middle-aged man smiled at them. Naeun bowed in respect.

“Korean girl? Oh, Ms. Kim. I’m sorry.” The man  was speaking at her informally but whe she recognized Naeun, he immediately apologized for not knowing. Jin was in thoughts. Who is this girl? He hadn’t encountered any Miss Kim. Who is she?

“No, no. It’s okay.” Naeun reassuringly smiled that it was fine. She cleared and Jin handed the gadget for repair.

“My...my...this...Jin is going to repair my broken gadget. He’ll pay.”

“Dear, dear. You always break every single thing, don’t you, Jin?”

Jin grinned, scratching the back of his head. The man shook his head and went to the back to start mending.

“This will take a while.”

After the man left, Naeun faced Jin and talked to him. Jin wasn’t paying attention to every detail she was saying.

“I’ll leave you for a short while. I’ll just be around the corner. If you aren’t here when I come back, be sure to check yourself tomorrow because you’ll be a dead meat.” Naeun gave him a hard look and a sarcastic smile then walked out.

Jin just yawned and watched her leave the store.

She’s beautiful but a bit, annoying yet funny, he thought.

 

 

“Secretary France? Yes...yes...arrange me a meeting with the board...okay..thank you. I’ll be back by 2pm.” Naeun said over the phone. She skimmed through the hang dresses on the metal bars. She was focused on buying that she almost forgot about the gadget.

Naeun widened her eyes and turned around to exit when she saw Jin entered the place. She stared at him.

Jin looked at her and smiled. He waved the gadget in the air and Naeun rolled her eyes and grabbed it. She inspected it first before saying her thanks.

“My, you’re a good person too. You keep promises.” Naeun said.

Jin shrugged.

“Of course I am. A daughter of a rich man you are, you should be respected. But, yeah, I could kidnap you also.”

Naeun gave him a hard stare. She wasn’t afraid or scared by that fact instead she didn’t care. Jin smiled.

“Thanks. I gotta go. Hopefully, I will not see you around.” Naeun walked out of the store and went to her GTR, leaving him behind. Jin shrugged again and stuffed his hands in his front pockets. He followed her out.

“When I see you, I’m going to kidnap you for real.” He playfully shouted.

Naeun started the engine and backed her car. Jin watched her intently with a smile on his face.

“When you see me, I’ll be with the police.” Naeun answered back, driving the car away. Jin laughed but she was already away to hear it.