1

Boy Meets Girl: The Beginning

A lady in her casual clothes was taking her morning thing in Starbucks: having breakfast. She brought her ipad mini and her phone to do some company works.

Naeun was sipping her mocha when Kris called the latter. She smiled at the caller ID. It has been two years of not seeing each other because of conflicting schedules yet their relationship is still strong like a cement rock.

“Hello?”

“Is it good morning there?” Kris’ tired voice made Naeun giggle.

“Yes. Oh, honey, you sound so exhausted. How about you go get some plenty of rest and call me later?” Naeun suggested, turning on her ipad.

Kris chuckled on the other line. “I just got home from work, no, it’s okay. I like talking to you. It feels so good and warm. It makes me feel alive again.” And it was Naeun’s time to laugh. She blushed at the comment.

“How was the company, now you’re officially the Chief Executive Officer?” Naeun teased. The waiter left the check on her table and she paid. She grabbed her belongings and exited the coffee shop.

“You said it. So hard, tiring. You have to get your off to work every single day. Anways, I have a surprise—“

Someone bumped into Naeun causing her ipad to fall and almost break into half. Naeun gasped and immediately grabbed it. Her eyes welled up a bit when she saw the crack on the glass. She turned around to see the guy in black sweatpants, graphic shirt and snapback looking at her in displeased. Naeun suddenly forgot about Kris.

On the other hand, Kris went silent and tried to listen to the breathing of Naeun.

“Did you see that?” Naeun spoke in English and glared at the guy, showing the ipad he broke.

“Of course I did. Was it my fault?” The guy asked, innocently. Naeun gnawed her lower lip to calm her nerves.

“Yes. You bumped into me and my gadget fell. You haven’t even said you’re sorry.”

“Should I? Okay, for you to shut up, I’m going to. I’m sorry I broke your ipad.”

Then the guy left.

Naeun’s eyes widened in surprise. What a jerk. She wanted to call him back to let him do the repairing but he was already far. There was no point of calling him and catching up. Naeun could only groan in anger. She suddenly remembered the call with Kris.

“Still there? Oh my, I’m so sorry, Kris.”

“No, no. Who was that?”

“Some Milan Guy who accidentally broke my gadget.” Naeun spat, not totally pleased of the word ‘accidentally’ she used in her reply. A white GTR pulled over the street. It was Naeun’s time to go back to her flat and get ready for work.

“He sounded like an . You can buy another one, if you want.” Kris said, yawning. Naeun pouted while touching the surface of her iPad.

“But you gave me this.”

“I’ll buy you again, but wait, Milan has also stocks of iPad there right, why don’t you buy for yourself?” Kris asked.

Naeun lightly chuckle. “Yeah but I want my boyfriend bought it for me. By the way, what was your surprise? Is it for me?” She asked, eyebrows raised in curiosity.

Silence. Kris hadn’t answer back. He was knocked out to sleep. Naeun giggled when she heard a cute snore in the background.

 

 

“Young miss, a phonecall from your father.”

Naeun looked up, dropping the pen on the desk and got the telephone.

She knew the call was from Seoul. And it was her father.

“Hello dad.”

“Hello, honey. How’s my darling?”

Naeun smiled as she dismissed her secretary.

“Always been good. What’s up there? Yooin? Myungsoo? Chanyeol?”

“Still the old Seoul. Chanyeol’s been very busy as soon as he became the COO. Your sister will be getting married next month, what do you say?”

Chanyeol has always been the hardworking man he is. He never changed. She almost dropped the phone from her ears when she heard the word ‘Marriage’. They’re still young! Naeun suddenly got dizzy with the news.

“Marriag-ge? Are you sure with that dad?”

“Yes, my dear. They’ve finally decided.”

“Aren’t they too young?” Naeun sounded hesitant.

The Chairman laughed on the other line. “Oh, Naeun. Young? They are on the right age. Your sister is in her 24. You are supposed to be married with Kris at this state.”

Naeun cringed. She doesn’t want to get married and have a family on her own. She wants to enjoy life first. Maybe next year or after two years, she thought.

She cleared and decided to switch the topic. “I’ll give them my blessing when I get back there. I’ll arrange my flight for my leave. I miss you dad.”

“I miss you too, Naeun. I’ll see you soon. Take care of the company, arraso?”

“Neh.”

Then, Naeun hung up. She leant on her white swivel chair and sighed. She missed her sister and cousin. Now her sister will soon be married, she would miss her more. Then she thought about Kris.

She grabbed her phone and turned it on. A picture of Kris smiling in the cafe where they first decently met.

“I miss you too, Kris.”

 

 

 

A/N: Here you go, the sequel, as promise. :) Subscribe & Comment!!