CHANGES

MY FATHER'S APPRENTICE

Myleen's POV

   I woke up early and washed my face like the usual. I went downstairs to have breakfast with my father. I felt something weird while walking downstairs. A part of me wants to go down quickly and was hoping my father would act like how he acted yesterday. Another part of me doesn't want to go and face the reality that he's back to his old self.

   "Myleen? What are you doing there?" Mark asked from behind. I was too absorbed thinking about my father I didn't even notice Mark behind me.

   "Uh, I'm still a bit sleepy and I don't want to fall down the stairs, so I'm taking it slowly." I reasoned out.

   "Okay, Goodmorning by the way" he smiled.

   "Goodmorning." I said, trying to sound sleepy.

   "Let's go." he said, holding my forearm. We walked together downstairs.

   "Goodmorning." my face lit up as soon as I heard my father's voice.

   "Goodmorning Father." I greeted him back. A few minutes later, he stood up.

   "I'll go now. Take care." he said before taking his leave. I was chewing on my food so I wasn't able to answer. Mark was looking at me.

   "What?" I asked him. He just shrugged and smiled. My chest suddenly hurt.

   "Ouch!" everyone else in the room were alarmed. I covered my chest with my arms.

   "What happen to you? Are you okay?!" Mark asked approaching me. I stood up.

   "Uh-I'm fine. I'll just go to my room. Excuse me." I said. I walked to the stairs but ran the way up. I went straight to my bathroom and took my pyjama top off in front if the mirror.

   "What was that?" I asked my self while looking at my chest. The hurt tingly hurtful feeling stayed for around 5minutes. When it was gone, I decided to take a bath.

    After taking a bath, I dressed up and surfed the internet. After doing some research, I learned it part of adolescence... I'm growing my . Oh my gosh... it was written there that many changes will occur next, just thinking about it gives me goosebumps. Adolescence... I don't want to be an adult yet... 

  There was a knock on the door.

  "Myleen? Can I come in?" Mark asked through the door.

  "Come in." I answered. He peeked through the door first, then he entered.

  "What happened to you earlier?" he asked me

  "Uh, that was nothing." I said.

  "But you were hurting earlier." he said. 

  "It's really nothing, I swear." I assured him.

  "Bu---" "Look Mark, thanks for the concern, but I think you should have stopped when I told you it's nothing. It may be the truth or a lie, but either way, it means I don't want you interferring in my business." I said. He looked somehow, hurt, by what I said. But he obliged.

   "I'm sorry, I'll go now." he said.

   "Sorry also, and Thanks" I said. He left the room.

1 Month Later

    I was right. I bought baby bras last week because it's becoming really obvious. I went to the mall with my oldest maid, Cielo. She was the first to notice so she helped me out. She told me I'll have menstruation soon. I'm scared actually, but I can't do anything about it. At least I have Cielo to help me.

As for Dad and Mark, I don't think they noticed anything. My relationship with my father had no progress other than morning greetings,but atleast. Mark and I aren't that close for him to see me the whole day. He wasn't living in our house for long for him to notice how I changed the way I dress. I wore baggier clothes like large t-shirts. 

   Mark acted different after I pushed him away. Of course, what do you expect? We seldomly talk now, plus his training started earlier that expected. He went to the Martial Arts School with my dad everyday. He would be busy talking on the phone with his family during weekends, technically, I'm alone again.

   I woke up and took a bath before going downstairs to eat breakfast. Today is the day of my competition. Though I feel weak, the show must go on right?

    I went to the dining area to see a differently dressed Mark and Dad.

   "Aren't you going to school?" I asked them.

   "Today is your competition right?" Dad asked. I nodded.

   " We're going to watch you." Mark said, smiling. Isn't he mad at me?

   "You are?" I asked again. Mark nodded. still smiling. 

   "We have reserved tickets for the front row." Dad said.

   "Uh, I didn't expect this."  I said. 

   "You've been practicing hard for the competition, you didn't even have time to talk to me. I should  be able to watch you." Mark said. He is not mad at me.

    I prepared myself for the competition. I curled my hair and wore my dress. I wore a little make up. I'm starting to feel worse.

   "Are you ready?" Mark asked me when I went downstairs. 

   "Yeah." I smiled with all might. 

        We went to the venue by dad's car. Mark and I sat at the back. I'm feeling worse avery minute that passes. When we got there, they went to their seats but Mark came to check on me backstage.

    "Goodluck" he patted my shoulders, it seriously hurt and I flinched.

   "Are you alright?" He asked me, I shook  my head slowly.

   "Are you hurt somewhere?" he asked me.

   "Mark" I started, I was already teary-eyed. "My whole body aches" I said as tears started to flow.

   "Huh?! Why? What have you been doing?" he asked as he caressed my back slowly. I shook my head. I stood up to get my purse to call my mentor.

   "Myleen" he called me. I turned to him. He was taking his coat off.    

   "There's blood on your dress." he said as he put his coat on me. I looked at him, horrified.

 

   "I'll call your dad." he said, taking his phone out. 

  

     I was in the verge of crying. This is the first time my father is watching me, but I won't be able to perform. Mark noticed this and he wrapped his arm around me. I took a good grip on his sleeves, I was stopping myself from crying. A few minutes later, Dad came with my mentor.

 

   "What happened?" Dad asked.

 

   "Uh, she said she doesn't feel well, and she has blood on her dress..." Mark explained, mostly looking at my mentor, she would unterstand it more. 

   "Let's go to the washroom." my mentor said, taking me from Mark.

 

MARK's POV

   Her mentor took her to the washroom. I looked at Tito to find him looking puzzled and disstressed at the same time. He sat on a nearby chair.

  "She endured the pain to perform because I was going to watch." he said.

  "She loves you that much." I told him.

   The three of us went home. Myleen wanted her mentor to come with us. She explained the producer that Myleen isn't going to compete. He said some jurors were rooting for her but it was okay. She slept on the way home, she tried, but the pain could be seen on her face.