BIRTHDAY ROUTINE RUINED

MY FATHER'S APPRENTICE

MARK'S POV

   "Wake up, birthday boy" I heard Myleen's ever so sweet voice whispering in my ear. I smiled the moment I heard it. This young lady never failed to make me happy during my birthdays since I went here in Korea. For four years, she made sure I'm happy on this day.

  "What shall we do today? Huh? " she asked while drawing circles on my cheeks with her fingers.

  "It's up to you, I'll enjoy it anyways." I mumbled, smiling.

  "Urgh, you're voice is so deep, I'm shivering. " I looked at her. Her now long hair was tied in a messy bun. She was sitting beside my bed, arms on the mattress,  hands under her chin. I pinched her nose.

  "Awch, Mork, stahp eet" she wrinkled her nose and I chuckled at her cuteness.

  "Any plans?" I asked her. Her eyes lit up and her tongue stuck out instincttively.

  "I was thinking about Laser wars, but it's a weekend. The boys suggested we could all go swimming!" She held her hands up like she was surprising me. Yes, I was surprised. We used to spend my birthday together, just the two of us. I didn't know it's going to be with the boys.

  "Aren't you excited?!" She grinned. "I'll surely fill Jackson's ears with water." She looked up with an evil smile, imagining the whole scene before her eyes.

  "I didn't know the guys are going to. It was always just the two of us." I said. She tilted her head.

  "Because your birthday always fell on a weekday. The eight of us can't miss class on the same day." She said. I nodded.

  "The more the merrier!" She said excitedly.

  "Yeah, the more the merrier" I repeated. 

  "Wake up now, we'll make food. " she pulled my arm, trying to take me out of my bed.

  "What are you doing?" I asked her.

 "I'm pulling you out of bed." She managed to say while struggling with my weight..

  "Excercise more, you need muscles." I sat up and flexed one arm "Like this." She stared at it, then laughed loudly.

  "You looked silly" she was still laughing. I pulled her onto the bed and tickled her.

  "I looked silly huh?" I said, still tickling her.

  "Mark! Stop! You're killing me!" She said, laughing. She's so ticklish she blushes.

  "Now you look silly." I laughed and stopped. She was still blushing. 

  "I thought I was gonna die." She panted. She playfully hit my chest.

  "You know I'm ticklish!!" I just chuckled.

     We made food for the outing. The boys came at around 9am. Myleen's Dad came downstairs.

  "Dad? Don't you have work today?" Myleen asked.

  "I'm supposed to have a meeting but it was postponed." He said.

  "We're going 8ut for Mark's borthday. Do you want to join us?" Myleen  asked him. 

  "Sure, do you already have a place to go?" I looked at Myleen and she just shrugged.  

  "Count that on me then" he smiled. He was going back up when he turned to me.

  "And Mark, Happy birthday" he smiled.

   Things have been a lot better now between Myleen and her dad.  They are close but not as close as my father and I. I guess they're just different that way.  In fact last year, she celebrated her birthday with us two. We went to an amusement park amd practically spent the whole day there. Myleen had so much fun there. I took a picture of them two together and tito kept it on his wallet since then. 

  "are we ready to go yet?" Bambam asked impatiently.

 "We're still waiting for Dad" Myleen told them. I looked at them and they all wore the same facial expression. Shock.

  "You mean you're dad's coming with us?" Jaebum asked.

 "I forgot to tell you, I'm sorry." Myleen told them. Just then, we heard someone walking down the stairs. They all straightened up from their seats and tidied their baggages to the side. Dad looked at them when he reached the last step.

 "So, is everyone here already?" Tito asked, looking at the boys who were now standing and smiling innocently.

 "Yes, Dad. The food we're bringing is also ready/" Myleen said. Dad stared at the boys.

 "Are you sure?" Tito asked and I exchanged glances with Myleen.

 "Good morning sir, we're Mark and Myleen's friends. I'm Jaebum." Jaebum bowed.

 "I'm Jinyoung" Jr. bowed.

 "I'm Jackson" Jackson waved, Jinyoung pushed him down to bow.

 "I'm Youngjae sir. I'm Myleen's friend. I'm also in the school government like her." Youngjae bowed.

 "I'm Bambam" he bowed

 "I'm Yugyeom" Yugyeom bowed as well. Tito looked at me.

 "They're my members and they also got close with Myleen" I explained and he nodded.

 "(coughs) Okay. If everything is ready, let's go now." with that, we all went to the garage. Tito decided to take the large van since there will be nine of us.

 "Where are we going Dad?" Myleen asked.