TALK IT OUT

MY FATHER'S APPRENTICE

Mark's POV

  She went out of the water and straight inside the house. Her retort didn't really shock me. It was the fact that she can swim but her dad does't know. How can he not know little things like that about her? Even though they don't talk that much, he should at least know what his daughter is doing right?  

  I went back and continued training. I looked at Tito and he kept a poker face. Have he heard Myleen? Didn't he really know that Myleen can swim? Why didn't he follow me earlier? Doesn't he care about her

  "She said she's fine." I told him. He just hummed in response.

  "She said she can swim." He opened his eyes.

  "I guess I was wrong." He said.

  "You really didn't know that?" I asked. 

  "I didn't know that." He answered.

  "Why weren't you worried earlier?" I asked.

  "You still don't realize it huh? She was just in shoulder-deep water." I mentally face palmed myself.

  "You were worrying too much" he smiled. We trained in the water. I tell you, that's the hardest thing ever. We were done by 3pm. Even though we had lunch, I felt awfully hungry.

  We went inside the house to see Myleen sleeping with her arms and head on the table. She was wearing her earphones she didn't hear the door opening. We changed our clothes dry and went back outside.

  "Sir, I hope you don't mind me asking, but , don't you think you should get to know Myleen more?" I asked him slowly. He looked at me.

  "I though about that too, but it was too late" he  said.

  " Why do you think so?" I asked again

  " I was never a showy person, I don't even say I love you to her mom. But it was never a problem to her. I thought Myleen could be like her but she's not. Now she hates me because she thinks I don't love her,  " he answered.

  " She's still young, you still have a chance." I told him. It feels weird giving advice to someone older than you ,you know.

  " She really loves you, she's just hurt feeling taken forgranted."  I told him. He patted me on the shoulder and smiled. We suddenly heard something fall from inside the house. We quickly went inside to check on Myleen. She was sitting on the ground beside the knocked-over chair, rubbing her right arm. I  looked at tito.

   " You should've been careful. " he said.

 " Father, I was sleeping." she answered.  He laid the mattress down

  "You can sleep again, I'll wake you up for dinner." he offered.

 " No, I'm fine. I'll just walk around." Myleen declined. 

 "I'll go with you then. " I said.

  MYLEEN'S POV

    Dad told us not to go too far so we just sat under a tree not too far away from the house. It's like the start of the forest so yo6 could hear sounds of small animals like squirrels and wild birds

  "Uh, Myleen,  about earlier this morning" cut him off or not? Not.

  "I know it was an accident but I can't help but feel guilty unless you say it's fine. I didn't see you coming because my eyes were closed" he explained.

  " Actually, it's not fine. But I can't really blame you because I shouldn't have ran out the door knowing you were in my room right? I'm at fault too. It's just that.... It was my first." I confessed. 

  "Well,  it's my first too. And I didn't expect it to turn out to be an accident." he said. 

  "I expected it to be on my wedding day" I pouted.

  " On your wedding day? You have no plans on kissing a boyfriend on the lips?" he asked. 

  "Hmmm, I didn't think about that, but I want to have my first with someone I know will be my last." I answered.

  "You really aren't into risky things huh?" he said. I shook my head.

  "Aren't we too young for this conversation?" he chuckled.

  "You're turning fifteen." I said.

  "How did you know?" he asked.

  "Uhm, you learner's profile? I was asked to gather all the new students' profile for recording." I answered.

  "When is your birthday by the way?" he asked.

  "September 16th" I answered.

  "We're both September" he said.

  "Yeah. Like Youngjae and Jungkook."  I said.

  What do you usually do during your birthday?" He asked me.

  "Uhm, the maids makes food, I invite a few friends,  mostly girs. But I celebrated with Youngjae last year." He nodded.

  "What about your dad?" He asked. I looked at him. 

  "He's busy." I said.

  "Or you don't want him on your birthday?" He asked. 

  "Of course not!" I defended

  "He wants to make it up to you. " he said softly.

  "Give him a chance. " he told me.  Dad appeared. 

  "Dinner." He smiled.

  "I'm hungry" Mark clutched his stomach.  We headed to the house. 

  

  Make it up to me?  How will he do that? Should I trust Mark on this? There's nothing to lose anyways, but wouldn't be that awkward? I mean,we don't even know what each other likes. I kept thinking about it all throughout dinner. 

 

 

Update!! Vacation's gonna end in a week!! Hi college *waves

I'll update regularly by next week, hopefully