THE FIRST OPPA

MY FATHER'S APPRENTICE

Myleen's POV

   I've decided, I won't call anyone oppa. I really don't want to, the girls in my school make it sound clingy to me. I don't want to sound like them... it's gross.

   I woke up earlier than usual because Youngjae and I still have to talk about the acquaintance party. I didn't know that Mark is also awake already.

   "Why did you wake up early?" I asked him. 

   "I actually don't know, but I decided to prepare early too" he said while we were eating.

   "What about you?" he asked.

   "I have to talk to Youngjae about the acquaintance party." I said.

   "The one you were talking to on the phone last night?" he asked and I nodded.

   "We still need to finalize the plan and talk to the student council president." I explained.

    We entered the school together. I walked towards our club room but I noticed Mark was following. I turned to him.

   "Why?" I asked him. He rubbed the back of his neck while biting his lower lip.

   "It's too early, I don't want to be alone in the classroom." he said. I smiled.

   "Do you want to see our club room? " I asked him. He nodded.

      We walked to our the club room together. He opened the door for us and we went inside.

   "Myleen!!" Youngjae greeted me before taking notice of Mark. "Who is this?" he asked me. 

   "He's Mark. He's my..." I looked at Mark for a moment. "Godsibling" I smiled, so did Mark.

   "Godsibling?" Bambam said, looking at us. "It sound like a soulmate or something." he commented.

   "Are you awake yet?" I asked him, while chuckling."My father is his Godfather, so we're Godsibling right?" I said. Youngjae pinched my cheeks.

   "You're too cute." he said. I slapped his hands away. "You don't need to rub it in." I said. 

   "Mark this is Bambam. He's part of the creative department. He takes care of the floor plan in every event, from seating arrangement to stage structure. He makes magic. And this is Youngjae, the one I was talking to through the phone last night." I said.

   "You were together last night?" Youngjae asked.

   "Of course, we live together." I said while looking for a whiteboard marker.

   "You do?!" Youngjae and Bambam asked. I nodded, dragging the whiteboard with the help of Mark. Yugeom came in.

   "Annyeonghaseyo" he greeted. 

   "Hi Yugeom" I greeted. "That's Yugeom. He's in charge of the dance productions. Bambam's bestfriend. They usually help each other in their tasks. They're the JB and Jr. of the lower class." I said.

   "He's in lower class?" Mark asked. I nodded.

   "Yugeom, this is Mark, he's my Godsibling." he looked at Mark for a moment.

   "Godsibling? Is there such a word?" he asked.

   "I just made it up actually kekeke" I laughed.

   "You're so weird noona.." he said, earning a smack from me.

   "I was gonna say but cute!!" he hissed.

   "Sorry. hahaha" I laughed more.

   "Okay, back to business. Yugeom, since this is an acquaintance party, why don't you have an audition?" I asked Yugeom.

  "I could do that?" he asked. "Of course." I replied. "You're the best noona." he smiled.

  "Youngjae we should reserve the multi-purpose hall already so Bambam's team will be able to set it up as soon as possible." I said.

  "I'll do it later at lunch." Youngjae said.

  "Bambam I need your plan for approval before the day ends okay?" he nodded.

  "Noona, shouldn't we hold a singing audition too?" Yugeom asked me.

  "We should, but who will judge it?" I asked.

  "Youngjae hyung could judge it, he's good in singing."  Bambam suggested. I looked at Youngjae who was madly blushing.

  "You sing?" I asked. He nodded.

Mark's POV

   Their meeting was done 20 minutes before the start of classes. I walked Myleen to her class before going to mine. Her classmates were obviously interested in me. I do get a lot of attention back in the states, but that was because of dancing, not because I'm new. Yeah, I dance back in the states and I'm actually thinking about continuing it here.

   "Hey Mark." JB greeted me.

   "Hi" I greeted back.

   "This is Jr. my friend." he said introducing the guy beside him.

   "Hi" Jr. said.

   "Hi" I said.

   "And this is Jackson." JB introduced the other guy who doesn't even look korean.

   "Hi, I'm wild and y" he said, making me an eyebrow.

   "Okay." I said. "I'm Mark."

   "You're also not korean?" he asked. I nodded.

   "I'm from Hong Kong. You?" he asked.

   "L.A." I said. They all nodded while making an "Hmmmm" sound.

   "Myleen told me you're dancers." I told JB.

   "Woah! Myleen knows us?!?!" Jackson asked in amazement.

   "JB and Jr. " Jackson pouted. 

   "Really?" Jr. asked. I nodded.

   "She already took us as performers once" JB stated.

   "Doesn't she really know me?" Jackson asked.

   "I don't know, she hasn't mentioned any Jackson before." I said honestly. He sulked more.

  "Can you introduce me to her then? Aren't you close?" he asked.

  "No".I said.

  "Why? Do you like her?" Jackson bluntly. The three of them looked at me.

  "She forbade me." I said. 

  "She's really hard to meet." Jr. said.

     The class started. Everything was fine except from the stares and winks I got from the girls. Urgh, won't they ever stop? They look so desperate. I'm just glad that Myleen isn't like that. I won't know what to do if she act like them. I don't want to see the girl who's like my sister act desperate like that. 

    Lunch came. I went to the canteen alone to look for Myleen but JB,Jr. and Jackson saw me.

    "Hey Mark!" Jackson called out.

    "Hey" I said

    "Let's have lunch together." JB offered.

    "I'm having lunch with Myleen." I told them.

    "That's better! Let's go!!" they dragged me to an 8-seat table. They asked me what I want for lunch and offered to buy it for me so I could save the seat. Once they were gone, Myleen came.

    "Hi Mark." she said while scribbling on her notebook.

    "Hi, what do you want for lunch? I'll go get it for you." I offered. She'll surely kill me later. I went to buy her food when she told me what she wants. When I got there, the three asked why I was there and took Myleen's order as well. I went back to our seat.

    I sat beside her and she looked at me.

   "Well?" she asked. the three Js came and gave us our lunch. Myleen glared at me.

   "Hi. I'm JB"

   "I'm Jr."

   "I'm Jackson." the three of them offered their hands to Myleen. She shook hands with them one by one. Jackson couldn't help but whimper because of Myleen's touch.

   "You're cute" Myleen laughed.

   "They're my friends" I said.

   "I told you you'll make friends Mark." they looked at us.

   "You don't call him oppa?" Jr asked her. I knew this is happening. I just looked down.

   "Huh? Didn't I? Oppa, I'm sorry. I'm not used to it yet" she said looking at me. I looked at her with a shocked face.

   "Ah, right. He's the first guy you got close to. It's understandable." JB said.

   "Right! You can practice with us too Myleen! We won't mind!" he said in an overly excited tone.

   "My classmates say you're wild and y, but you're a dork in my opinion." she laughed then put up a poker face.

   "No" she said