LOVABLE DAUGHTER

MY FATHER'S APPRENTICE

~flashback~

@tuan residence

   "Pa, aren't you a martial artist? I want to learn. Can you teach me?" I asked my father.

"You do?" he asked me in response. I nodded.

 "Why do you want to learn Martial arts?" he asked again.

 "For self-defense? And I think it would be fun." I said.

 "Well, I haven't had practice for long now, but I know someone who can teach you well." he said

 "Who is it?" I asked him.

 "Your Godfather, he's staying in Korea right now, he's running the Martial arts school we started together there. I'm sure he'll be able to teach you well." he said. I got excited, I'll be living in Korea to learn Martial arts.

 "So it is settled? When will I go there?" I asked excitedly.

 "Probably next week. I'll prepare everything first" he said.

 "I think that's fine." I smiled.

 "Ah, I totally forgot.Your Godfather has a 10-year-old daughter. You MUST be always on good terms with her, okay?" he said.

 "Okay." I agreed.

~end of flashback~

    On the plane, I remembered my sisters. I will surely miss them. I am sure excited about my reason for coming to Korea but there was something else. Was I looking forward to something else?

   My Godfather was the one who picked me up from the airport. He had the same body build as my father, I wondered if I'll also look like that when I grow old. He held a sign card "Mark Tuan :))" I approached him

  "Uhm, excuse me sir, I'm Michael's son, Mark Tuan." I said and he smiled. "Welcome to Korea, my godson"

 We went straight to his house. I followed him as we entered a really big house. Then, he introduced me to his daughter.

  She was pretty. She looked like a doll, angel-doll. Her eyes were round with thick eyelashes, small pointed nose, and pouty lips. Her dark brown hair was tied up with curled tips. She was giving me a curious look which made her cuter.

  "My gosh father! His head's bleeding!" she exclaimed. We both laughed.

  "I'm fine, I just dyed my hair red." I told her.

     My Godfather introduced us. She offered to tour me around the house. She asked me where I came from. She looked disappointed when she realized his father didn't choose her as his apprentice. But she likes to dance and sing. She has a beautiful voice. She seems kind and sweet. Being on good terms with her won't be hard. I hope.

DINNER

  "So Mark, yout father told me that you're really into martial arts. Is that true?" my Godfather asked.

  "Yes, I've even had taekwondo as my extra-curricular activity in school." I asnswered.

  "Good thing, I bet you inherited the interest from your father. That interest will surely help you in training, because you know, training martial arts without interest is very hard." he told me.

  "I think so too, I guess that's what makes you good in what you do, interest. Which makes me remember how good Myleen is in singing. She must be really interested in it." I said, trying to take Myleen into the conversation.

   "Really?" he asked, looking at Myleen.

   "Yeah, I have a lot of interest in Music. I guess my trophies and awards shows that." she said, slightly disappointed with the fact that his father doesn't know about her singing with her awards posted on the walls of the mansion. His father looked rather embarassed by the same thing.

  This is way too akward than I expected. All they have is each other but they act like this towards each other. Cold. Myleen is too young to handle a situation like this.

  We continued eating quietly. After dinner, I went up to my new room, which was next to Myleen's. I washed up and change into sleepwear when I heard a beautiful melody from a piano. It must be her.

   The melody was soulful. Full of admiration. Full of love. The thing she wants to give her father and recieve from him. She's playing it well like how she sings well. Lovable.It is. She is. 

  As much as I want to tell her how I love her music, I also don't wanr to freak her out. I don't think she'll easily be comfortable with me. I laid down on my bed. I fell asleep listening to her.

 

THE NEXT DAY

   This is the first day of training. It's a weekend. Tito said that what he'll teach me today is just warm up exercises. I should do the sequence to start every training session. It was just like taekwondo warm ups. We trained in the garden.

   We were done by 8:30. Tito went to his room to change. He said he will take care of my enrollment. Academic and Martial arts school.

I went to the kitchen to drink some water. I saw Myleen trying to reach a glass, though she obviously can't. I took one for her and one for me. She went back to her seat. She didn't get water. I poured some water on my glass on the way to the table and also poured water in hers.

   "Goodmorning." I said. She looked at me and took a spoonful of her breakfast to , then blinked. She's way too cute.

  "What do you do during weekends?" I asked her. 

  "Follow my dad around the house." she answered after swallowing her food.

  I was confused by her answer. "Why?" I asked her.

  He doesn't stay at home for long during weekdays, I only see him 10 hours every weekdays, 2 every morning." she explained.

  She is alone. Now her dad's leaving to do my enrollment. I should make it up to her.

 Tito left the house by 10. I was in the living room on the 2nd floor reading while she was in the veranda.

  "Where is he going?" she asked her maid.

  "He is enrolling youngmaster to your school, young miss." the maid said. I felt her glare towards me.

  "I haven't had enough sleep last night, I'll go to my room now." she said then left *sigh* .