Bet

My Player

Soori was more than annoyed when Mark decided to sit behind her again, her irritation grew larger when she found out he had a friend with him this class period. She sighed in exasperation as he talked to him about some hot girls he had already met today, with her name included among the list of girls.

Once she grew tired of hearing his voice and their snickers she took out her phone and put her earplugs in, leaning back in her seat and letting the music wash over her.

She had merely rested for a minute before Jinhee walked in, immediately taking the seat to Soori’s right. They smiled at each other and Soori took the earplugs out and turned to her.

“Hey. How’s your first day so far?” Jinhee grinned.

Soori stole a glance at Mark and mentally scoffed, “It could be tons better honestly.”

Jinhee raised an eyebrow at this, “Bad day?”

“You could say that,” Soori sighed.

“Awww, what happened?” Jinhee chuckled.

Soori let out a gentle sigh and proceeded to tell her the story while waiting for the bell to ring.

On the other hand…

“You know that girl is talking about you,” Mark’s friend commented.

Mark glanced back with a smirk, “I knew she would eventually.”

“She’s… Not exactly saying compliments…” the friend said.

“That’s just the beginning phase; either way she’s already starting to talk about me. That means I’m in her mind. Which makes it easier for me to get in her pants,” Mark smirked.

“Does that actually work?”

“Jaebum, I know your way of flirting isn’t the same way as mine, but yes, it works,” Mark grinned.

Jaebum shrugged, “Whatever you say Mark,” he said while eyeing Jinhee.

Mark followed his eyesight and chuckled. “Eyeing the friend?” he raised an eyebrow.

“She’s rather cute looking, don’t you think?” Jaebum smiled.

“Sure. Not my type though,” Mark shrugged.

“I think it’d be fun to taint her innocence,” Jaebum nodded.

Mark snickered, “I think she’d easily give in to you.”

“Let’s hope, I’m already impatient just thinking about it,” Jaebum chuckled as the bell rang.

~

When the ball rang Soori and Jinhee immediately stood up, stretching their arms but not leaving the classroom.

“Hey, the schedule is different now, right? We’re going to lunch, study hall, third period, and then home, right?” Jinhee asked Soori.

“I’m pretty sure that’s what the schedule is,” Soori shrugged.

“Anyway, what do you have third period?” Soori asked, looking over when Jinhee took out her schedule, forgetting about the two flirts sitting nearby.

“Third period… History,” Jinhee replied.

“Wait with whom?” Jaebum suddenly spoke up.

Jinhee blinked while looking at him then turned back to Soori, who shrugged and started walking away.

“…Rude,” Jaebum commented.

Jinhee chuckled while following Soori, and then turned back when they had reached the door of the classroom, looking at Jaebum to mouth the name of her teacher, giving him a small smile before walking away.

“I think you’ve already got her under your belt and all you’ve said is one thing,” Mark chuckled.

Jaebum shrugged and smirked, “Well we’ll figure that out during third period, I’ll be seeing her then too.”

Mark snickered as the two walked in the opposite direction of the girls, finding their other friends.

~

“You know, I don’t think they’re as bad you make them seem,” Jinhee said as they made their way to their lockers.

“You didn’t have to deal with Mark and his erted ways. He doesn’t even really care he just wants to get in my pants,” Soori rolled her eyes and opened up her locker, throwing her stuff in there and shutting it closed before going to Jinhee’s locker and going to lunch.

“It couldn’t be that bad,” Jinhee chuckled softly as she put her bags away.

“It was bad,” was all Soori replied with before the two made their way to the lunchroom.

“How’s your first day going so far?” one of their friends, Naomi, asked as Jinhee and Soori approached the table where they had found their friends sitting.

“Terrible,” came Soori’s immediate reply.

Jinhee chuckled as she answered with a simple, “Good.”

“Well what’s got your in a bunch?” The table turned to Soori as yet another friend, whose name was Mina, made the comment.

“Does it have to do with that flirt Jessica and Krystal keep talking about?” Mina’s twin, Hana, asked.

“I heard he was cute…” Naomi said.

“He’s not,” Soori sighed.

“Look over to your left and you guys can decide that on your own,” Jinhee suddenly commented.

At that given moment, everyone, including Soori, turned to their left. Not only was Mark and Jaebum there, but a slur of about five other men surrounded by girls also crowded the table.

Mark glanced up and caught eye with Soori, who gave him a disinterested look before standing.

“I’m going to go buy lunch,” she said and turned the opposite direction. In reality, she was going to buy a cookie and a bottle of water.

Mark smirked and stood up, bidding a quick “See you later” to his friends as he followed Soori. After she had bought her food, he came up and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. She immediately grabbed at his hand and got herself out of his hold.

“Damn baby, hate much?” Mark chuckled.

“Hate? Nah, more like irritated,” Soori replied, walking faster to make her way back to her friends.

“Well what’s with the haste then?” his voice was teasing and Soori didn’t appreciate it.

“What haste? You’re just slow,” came her smart and blunt reply.

Within a second, Mark was standing in front of the girl. “Slow? I was just walking slowly. You know that people tend to walk slower with other people they like,” he winked and smirked at Soori. She scoffed and rolled her eyes.

“Do you actually need anything or are you just trying to annoy me again?” she finally asked.

“Annoy? Why… Soori dear I merely want to catch your attention,” Mark feigned being hurt.

“Oh you’ve caught my attention but I don’t think you caught it in a way you wanted to catch it,” Soori replied.

A sudden smirk came across Mark’s face as he leaned closer to Soori, who backed away as a reflex. “Any attention is okay with me,” he said in a husky voice, “as long as I have your attention in some way, it’ll always end with you in my bed.”

Again, Soori rolled her eyes before she moved her food so it was all in her left hand. Then she lifted her right hand, placed it close to Mark’s face, and flicked his forehead. He stumbled back in surprise. “I bet you anything by the end of this school year, your bed would still have not met me,” Soori said before walking off. 

Mark soon caught up with her, “I’ll take you up on that bet. If by the end of the school year you have been in my bed, you need to agree to be my slave for the entire summer vacation.”

Soori thought about that for a moment. Every summer vacation her family goes out somewhere and there was no way Mark could keep her from doing that. So either way, she won.

“Alright. What will you do for me if by the end of the year I haven’t been in your bed?”

“I say… Well. I’ll also be your slave. Does that work for you?” Mark asked.

Soori shrugged before shaking her head, “Nah. I have no use for you as a slave.”

“Then I’ll leave you alone for as long as you want.”

“The rest of my life?” Soori asked hopefully.

“I don’t think my heart could handle that babe,” Mark chuckled.

“You say that as if I’m the love of your life,” the girl rolled her eyes.

“If I win the bet, stop trying to get in my pants. How about that?” Soori suggested.

Mark thought about it for a moment. It’d ruin his goal of having every girl under his belt, but he was confident he’d get Soori before the end of the school year, so the way he saw it, he won either way.

“Deal,” he smirked before heading back to his table. “I’ll catch you later babe,” he winked.

Soori rolled her eyes and made her way back to the table, quickly eating the cookie she bought.

The eyebrows of her friends were raised up to their hairlines as Soori sat down. She only stared back. 

“Well what was that about?” Mina asked.

“More stupid and careless flirting.”

“And…?” Jinhee asked.

“We made a bet,” Soori shrugged like it was normal.

“What was the bet?” Naomi raised an eyebrow.

“If I’m not in his bed by the end of the school year, he’ll stop trying to get into my pants. If somehow I end up in there, I’m his slave for summer vacation,” she explained before taking a sip of her water.

“You agreed to that?” Hana raised an eyebrow, she was utterly shocked. Then again, the entire table was under complete shock.

“What? It’s not like I’m actually going to be in South Korea when summer vacation gets here,” Soori shrugged then stood up. “I’m going to walk around, find my boys and see how their first day is going,” she said as she stretched her arms before looking at Jinhee. “Coming with?”

“Sure,” Jinhee shrugged and stood up, following her out of the cafeteria.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Just so there's no mixup about the school schedule, there'll be two kinds of days. An A day and a B day.

The schedules go like this:

1st/4th period = 8:00-9:40 

2nd/5th period = 9:50-11:30

Lunch = 11:30-12:00

Study Hall = 12:05-12:45

3rd/6th period = 12:55-2:30

1st, 2nd, and 3rd on A days. 4th, 5th, and 6th on B days.