Café

My Player

Theater ended quickly, the fastest class of that day. Though that didn’t surprise Soori, theater was the place where she knew what she was doing. She could enjoy herself in the theater room.

As soon as class ended she gathered her stuff and went out to wait for Woobin, Serah, Jinhee, Moonhyun, and Jimin. She waited next to the school gate, taking out her phone and beginning to listen to music while she waited, even beginning a game of Flappy Bird.

“Don’t die,” a voice chuckled, startling Soori and almost causing her to drop her stuff. Of course, it was Moonhyun.

Soori sighed and shook her head, “,” she muttered.

“I heard that.”

“Good.”

“Where are the others?” Moonhyun asked chuckling softly at how playfully angered Soori was.

“Either lost in the hallways, running late, or dead,” Soori replied nonchalantly.

“Ah, of course,” Moonhyun chuckled.

“What up es!” Serah called out, walking over to them with a bottle of coke in her hand, which Soori immediately reached out to grab, taking a big drink from it.

“You got here before Jinhee and Woobin? Wait. You got here without Jinhee? Damn,” Moonhyun remarked.

“Hey. Jinhee may be my lover but that doesn’t mean we’re together twenty-four-seven!”

“You sure about that?” Soori shrugged, handing the girl her coke back.

“Hey guys!” Woobin yelled, walking up along with Jimin.

“And now we’re missing Jinhee…”

“Hey!!” Jinhee yelled.

“Nevermind.”

The group looked over, finding Jinhee along with the seven boys they had met over lunch. Surprisingly (or not that surprisingly) Jaebum was found with his arm around the girl. The group all raised an eyebrow at the sight. Never had they seen Jinhee so calm at having a guy’s arm around her shoulder when they had barely met.

“Dude did you drug her?” Serah immediately questioned Jaebum.

“Drug who? Jinhee? No of course not!” he quickly defended himself.

Woobin narrowed his eyes at him, not believing that for even a minute.

“I didn’t!! I swear!!” Jaebum said, feeling rather intimidated by Woobin’s glare.

“He didn’t… Relax teddy!” Jinhee grinned, running over to hug Woobin.

“Teddy?” Bambam whispered to the other guys.

“To the girls, Woobin is their teddy bear. Well… To Jinhee he is,” Moonhyun explained.

“I see…” Jaebum nodded slowly.

“Alright, well we’re off. Unless you guys head the same way as us?” Woobin raised an eyebrow, tilting his head in the direction of where they were going.

“Oh we’re actually not heading home yet, we’re gonna stop by at a café over there actually,” Jackson said.

“Oh, then I guess we can all head over together. Do you guys wanna stop by and eat?” Woobin asked the others.

Everyone else agreed except for Soori.

“I don’t have money, I should get home,” Soori shrugged.

“I’ll treat you,” Mark grinned.

“Nope.”

“I’ll treat you, I know your mom wouldn’t mind if it was me,” Moonhyun offered.

“I guess but…”

“Come on don’t be a party pooper!!” Serah whined.

“Alright, alright…” Soori sighed and nodded. “We’ll go.”

~

“What are you in the mood for Soori?” Moonhyun asked, looking through the different treats they could get.

“Oohhh bubble tea!!” Soori exclaimed. Her love for bubble tea was unmatched by anyone else.

“I figured. Taro flavored?”

“Of course!” “

Alright so back to the snacks…”

Mark watched the two all too closely. It was almost as if he was trying to solve the world’s biggest mystery and the two best friends had the answers he needed.

“Mark, stare any closer and people would think you were spying or stalking them,” Jackson said, walking up and patting the man’s back.

“I just don’t get it. When it’s anyone other than me she… She acts like that,” Mark said, waving his arm frantically at the girl.

“Dude you’ve barely known her a day,” Youngjae deadpanned.

“That’s all it would take to get a girl all over me…” he muttered.

“Right. Just go order whatever the hell it is you want.” And with that, Mark was left to stare at the duo.

With a sigh he shook his head, heading over to order passion fruit bubble tea. He wasn’t feeling too hungry.

Soori had ordered the taro bubble tea along with a side of crispy chicken. She waited patiently at the table for her order, chatting with Woobin while waiting. Mark decided to walk up, sitting down next to Soori and nonchalantly moving his seat close to her.

“Can I help you?” she raised an eyebrow, pretending like the conversation that had happened in theater never happened.  

“There are several things you could help me with,” Mark chuckled, he had actually meant what he said, but to anyone else it would have been seen as him being a flirt.

“Such as?”

“My heart. I feel like I’m having a heart failure.”

“Honey that’s something you’ll need to visit the doctor for,” Soori placed a hand on Mark’s shoulder, shaking her head as she chuckled lightly.

“Oh there’s another thing… My lips feel numb, care to bring some life back to them?” Mark smirked, he was also acting as if the scene in theater didn’t happen.

“No,” Soori replied bluntly, turning away from the man.

Woobin couldn’t help but to chuckle at the scene. He has seen the two together for a total of five minutes, yet he already knew that if they were ever together, it would always end up being amusing to watch.

Moonhyun came over with his as well as Soori’s orders, setting it down in front of her. “Taro bubble tea with crispy chicken, sweet and sour sauce, all served up for you,” he grinned.

“Thanks Moonhyun! I owe ya,” Soori grinned, shaking up her bubble tea a little before slipping her straw into it and taking a sip.

“You get taro?” Mark raised an eyebrow.

“Yeah, it’s really good. You wanna try it?” she offered her drink to him. Seeing an opportunity, Mark nodded, taking the drink from her and taking a small sip. The other two boys watched with eyebrows raised.

“Indirect kiss,” Woobin chuckled.

Soori shot him a look, “You still squeal over indirect kisses like a thirteen year old girl?”

That wasn’t the reaction Mark was hoping for.

“So you don’t care about sharing germs with him?” Moonhyun questioned.

“Dude I share my drinks with all of you guys anyway,” Soori shrugged.

“Yeah but you just met him,” Woobin tilted his head.

“Your point being?” the girl raised an eyebrow.

“…Nothing,” the two boys shrugged and went off to converse with the other group members, leaving Mark and Soori alone.

Soori wasted no time and opened up her box of crispy chicken, taking out the sweet and sour sauce for her to dip the chicken in.

“Can I try that?” Mark asked suddenly.

“Uh, sure. Help yourself,” Soori shrugged, slightly pushing the box over in his direction. A small smirk came across his face.

 “Feed me,” he said with a small demanding tone in his voice.

Soori raised an eyebrow, “Do I look like your mother?”

“No, but you look like a potential girlfriend. Feed me,” Mark repeated, opening his mouth for her.

“Feed yourself.”

“I want you to feed me though.”

“You’re not four. You’re very capable of feeding yourself.”

“Please!!” Mark pleaded.

With a sigh, Soori got hold of one of the pieces of the chicken, and jammed it into Mark’s mouth. He backed away and nearly coughed the food out, covering his mouth with his hand. When he had finished coughing, he took another drink from Soori’s bubble tea and looked to her with a pout.

“You could have killed me!” he cried, staring at her like he had just witnessed her brutally murdering an innocent man.

“Oh please it’s not like I shoved it down your throat. You’ll survive,” Soori replied nonchalantly, taking another bite of her chicken.

“But you could have killed me.”

“Quit being overdramatic.”

“I’ll stop if you feed me properly this time.”

Soori glared at him before grabbing another piece of chicken.

Now you’re just asking to die.

~

“So you just left those two together?” Jaebum questioned Woobin as he came over along with Moonhyun.

“Yeah… You guys wanna ditch them?” Moonhyun grinned.

“Why? Mark might get murdered by her,” Bambam pointed out.

“…I see no problem with that,” Youngjae chuckled.

“And… It’d be funny to see them getting mad at us tomorrow when they see us again!” Jimin grinned.

Jinhee was the first to object, “But Soori would kill us after she finishes killing Mark.”

“Naaahhh she couldn’t kill us… You guys though…” Jimin trailed off as he looked at the six boys they had all met just today.

All six suddenly had a face full of pure fear.

“I don’t think she’d kill them either,” Serah shrugged, causing the six to sigh in relief.

“You never know,” Woobin shrugged.

“We’d probably be able to calm her down though,” Moonhyun shrugged as well.

“So would our lives be in danger or not?” Yugyeom clarified.

“There’s a possibility… But there’s also a pretty big possibility that we’ll be able to prevent it from happening,” Serah answered.

“Well as long as we’re not dying tomorrow I’m all for ditching them. Maybe they’ll hook up,” Jackson joked.

“She’d sooner kill the poor man,” Jinhee mumbled.

“And that would be even more entertainment for us!” Jackson laughed, causing Jinhee to roll her eyes.

“Are we really going to ditch them?” she asked.

“Come on! It’d be fun!” Serah pointed out.

“If she loses her ity it’s on you guys,” Jinyoung suddenly brought up.

Moonhyun, Jimin, Woobin, Serah, and Jinhee suddenly burst into laughter.

“Her first kiss might be taken today… But ity is a definite no. Soori would sooner cut his balls before she’d on them or even let them anywhere near her ,” Jimin chuckled.

“Yeah her first kiss probably won’t even be taken!” Serah laughed.

After the laughter died out they all looked at each other then over to the couple who was completely oblivious to their conversation. They all stifled a small laugh as Mark nearly choked on the food that Soori had shoved into his mouth.

“Yeah. We’re definitely leaving them.”

~

After several attempts of trying to get Soori to feed him – and several times of nearly choking – Mark decided it’d be best if he just fed himself.

“You know… You’d be a terrible girlfriend,” he glared at her.

“Interesting. Does that mean you’ll stop hitting on me?” Soori asked bluntly.

“Probably not,” he answered truthfully.

“Well then I need to try harder to prove how much of a terrible girlfriend I can be.”

Mark raised an eyebrow, “Why would you want to prove that? Don’t you want children? Don’t you want a husband?” he asked while staring at her.

 Soori glanced over at him and raised an eyebrow as well, “What does it matter to you?”

“Well I mean… All girls want that, right?”

“I guess most girls do.”

“And you don’t?”

“It’s not that I don’t… It’s just that I could live without relationships for my high school life.”

“Really? Even for prom and homecoming? You won’t go on any dates?” Mark continued throwing questions.

“If anything I’ve got Jimin, Moonhyun, and Woobin,” Soori answered with a shrug.

“Well don’t forget, you have me as well now,” Mark smirked, slinging an arm over her shoulder.

“I don’t want you,” Soori said, dropping her food and staring dead into Mark’s eyes.

Mark sighed and moved his arm away, “What is it that you don’t like about me?”

“For starters… I’ve barely known you for twelve hours and you act like you’ve known me for twelve years.”

“I do that with most girls.”

“Oh that’s another thing. You’re a player.”

“You don’t like players?”

“Well like most girls, I’m not particularly fond of them.”

Mark stayed quiet for a moment while he remembered his conversation with Jinyoung in theater. He turned and stared at her for a moment before asking his next question. His voice was quiet and careful, almost hesitant to ask the next question. “Were you hurt by one…?”

Soori stayed quiet and just stared at him. He took the silence as a yes and cleared his throat, turning his attention back to the food. “I’m sorry…” he muttered.

“It’s in the past,” Soori shrugged, finishing her drink and sliding her food over to him. “I lost my appetite.”

For the remainder of the time while Mark finished her food, Soori stared out the window.

“Soori…” Mark spoke up suddenly.

“What?” she asked in a surprisingly soft voice that took both her and Mark by surprise.

“Umm… The others are gone,” he said.

Soori turned back and blinked as she looked around the café, noting the absence of their friends.

“…Oh them.”

~~~~~~~~

 

I grew into the habit of pressing space after every line of dialogue.

I think it might a little better like this?

I'll probably go back and edit all the chapters just to make it like this XD It looks cleaner~

ANYWAY JUST TO LET YOU KNOW I AM READING YOUR COMMENTS AND JUST TO PROVE IT LET'S HAVE A COMMENT REPLY CORNER BECAUSE I KINDA MISS TALKING TO READERS <3

Comment Replies~

xchessthebest - I'm really happy that you like this story! Yes it is a block schedule, it's a little easier for me to write out their days when it's like that honestly~ Also, I'm glad you like the idea for the theater! Theater was my life as a freshman and kind of continued to be my life from then on xD

Kim_Hyojin_Sweethear - Haha thank you~! I loved writing out that scene tbh~ I hope it's not moving too fast with Mark already falling for Soori :c

ShimSakura21 - LOL I FEEL YOU I HATE B DAYS

yehet_shidae - First off thank you for staying here since the first day oh my god <3 I'm really glad you like my story~

_ayo_whaddup_kris - Thank you so much!! <3

thelillcat - Soori is definitely kicking Mark's whenever possible isn't she? xD