Theater

My Player

After being lost in her thoughts for the entirety of study hall, the bell finally rang and Soori got up, leaving the classroom to make her way to third period. Luckily, she knew the way to this class – it was in the theater and there wasn’t a soul in the school who didn’t know where that was. She didn’t bother to see if Mark would follow her, she figured within seconds he’d be up with his arm wrapped around her.

However, Soori reached the classroom and Mark had not shown up. Somewhere within her she was rather happy about that, but at the same time she had to admit she was confused. Though, he was a flirt, what more could she expect. There had to be other girls he was flirting with, Soori had long since convinced herself that she wasn’t nearly that special.

When she walked in, she had already found Jinyoung. The boy motioned for her to come over, but she shook her head. Sitting with him would mean sitting with Mark, no way would she risk that.

“SOORI!!!!” A voice suddenly screamed, causing nearly everyone to flinch on the spot.

Soori was confused, it didn’t sound like any of her friends, and so she hesitated to hug back when a girl had enveloped her in a hug.

“Goodness I miss you, your brother is a little er,” She frowned, pulling away from the hug. It was a senior, her name was Heesung.

Soori actually had a history with theater, thanks to her older brother, Hyuk. She was well known with the current seniors and perhaps one or two of the sophomores and juniors. Hyuk had graduated when the current seniors were freshmen, and he always brought Soori along if it was possible. As for why Heesung decided to use those words to describe Hyuk, it was a mystery.

“I miss you too Unnie but uh… Why is he a er?” Soori asked, raising an eyebrow at the girl.

"HE HASN’T PAID A VISIT SINCE MY SOPHOMORE YEAR!” Heesung wailed, “I’m a senior now and after I graduate I’m definitely moving away so you better tell that brother of yours to come back and visit!”

“Okay, okay… I’ll make him come by on tech days,” Soori chuckled, shaking her head.

Tech days were weekends where tech students would come in and do work for the upcoming play or musical whether it was to help construct the set, paint the set, do lighting, do sound, or whatever it may be, that’s what they did from 10 AM to 4 PM, with a small break here and there.

“Fine, but he better come,” Heesung chuckled, shaking her head as she wrapped an arm around the girl.

“Damn Heesung, already got you a little freshman minion?” a man, Soori didn’t recognize him, laughed, reaching over to ruffle Heesung’s hair.

The elder girl immediately dodged back and made a move to kick the man’s . “She’s no minion. She is one of my old theater friend’s younger sister,” Heesung replied, “And if you try ruffling my hair you are getting your own foot shoved up your .”

The man shook his head, making a face at both the girls, suddenly putting on a feminine act as he pointed a finger at Heesung, “Well girl!!” he laughed and walked off, yelling another man’s name.

“Who was that?” Soori asked.

“ing Daniel,” Heesung sighed and shook her head. “He’s actually a good guy there are just days,” she chuckled softly.

Then the bell rang.

Soori sat down on the stage with Heesung. As they were settling down, Mark entered class.

Heesung stared at him, “You’re late!” she called.

Mark just glanced over at her, raising an eyebrow as if to ask why a student was scolding him for it. Then as he saw Soori next to the student, his eyebrow raised even more before he shrugged and shook his head, moving over to sit with Jinyoung.

“Is he one of your classmates?” Heesung asked Soori, glaring at Mark.

“Unfortunately,” Soori replied with a shrug.

“Troublemaker?”

“If he is I haven’t seen too much of it.”

“Interesting.”

“Yeah that’s one way to define him…” Soori sighed.

“So where’s the old lady?” Soori asked, turning to face Heesung.

“Well you know how she is. Lady’s kind of… All over the place,” Heesung shrugged.

“Right…” Soori nodded, overlooking the theater from where she sat on the stage. She, Heesung, and a couple of the other ‘elite’ students were seated on the stage; everybody else was seated in the theater seats like normal students.

Then Ms. Henan came in. She was a lady in her mid 40’s maybe 50’s, and Soori had known her ever since her brother got into theater. Ms. Henan had been the theater teacher for Seoul Academy for the past 15 years before that, the teacher before her had retired. Since then, the theater had never really been the same. While everybody loved Ms. Henan, there were days that they all wanted to strangle her.

“Heesung, Tiffany, Tao, you guys need to get off the apron. Oh. Soori! You’re finally in high school huh?” Ms. Henan grinned, calling out the students that were seated on the apron, or the very front part of the stage.

“Yes she is!” Heesung happily replied.

“That’s good… Now get off the apron guys.”

“Oh come on Ms. Henan, it’s the first day!!” the students whined.

“Alright… Just for today,” Ms. Henan sighed, taking a seat in the middle of the students. Then her lecture began.

Her lecture didn’t last too long, and once it ended, she pulled everyone on to the stage to do some fun games. The games consisted of basically just going around and introducing themselves to the group.

To Ms. Henan, whether or not you were truly committed to the drama club, once you were a part of the theater class you were part of the family. So, she forced everyone in a small circle with nobody in the middle, and one by one they introduced themselves.

Soori stood in between Heesung and Mark, who had somehow sneaked his way over to her.

For about an hour, Ms. Henan made everyone do different types of introductions all the way around.  Whether she made everyone sing their names, do a dance move with their name, or whatever crazy antic she had planned, the class didn’t do it with much enthusiasm. Though, Heesung attempted to get a little more excitement going when she did the bend and snap move for her dance.

After the hour was done Ms. Henan decided to stop the activities of everyone trying to get to know each other through games, and let them run loose to do whatever they wished for the remainder of the period.

Heesung left to talk to the other people in the class, so Soori made her way over to Mark and Jinyoung.

Jinyoung grinned and immediately wrapped an arm around her, “Hey girl.”

“Hey,” Soori smiled, letting him wrap his arm around her.

Mark stared in confusion.

“You seem to have connections in this class,” Jinyoung chuckled.

“Well yeah… My brother used to be an actor here. I was never really one to go on stage, but I loved being backstage with the techies,” Soori explained.

“It seems it’s only those people over there who know you though,” Jinyoung raised an eyebrow, tilting his head over to Heesung and her friends.

“They’re the only people who were here when my brother was.”

“Ahh…”

“Hey…” Jinyoung suddenly whispered into Soori’s ear.

“You wanna tease Mark?” Soori chuckled softly as she eyed the red haired man, who continued to stare in confusion, before nodding a few times.

“Sure.” 

“Then just play along,” he grinned before pulling away, chuckling lightly.

The girl started laughing softly.

“So tell me about the theater Soori,” Jinyoung said.

“Hmm… What would you like to know?”

The boy smirked and brought the girl closer to him, “How about the best place to do things without getting caught?”

Soori chuckled lightly and rolled her eyes before gesturing above the seats.

“Light booth would be the best place, for as long as I can remember, Ms. Henan has never gone in there unless her presence was requested,”

“I think I can see the two of us in there rather often,” Jinyoung winked.

“Oh really now?” Soori raised an eyebrow at him.

“Yeah, do you have any objections?” he chuckled.

“Hmm… Not sure if I can think of any right now,”

“AM I MISSING SOMETHING?!?!” Mark suddenly exploded.

The two broke into laughter and shook their heads.

“Nah, Jinyoung just wanted to tease you a little,” Soori laughed.

“She went along with it,” the said boy shrugged and grinned.

“God, I was so confused…” Mark sighed.

Jinyoung shrugged and walked off to meet the other theater kids, winking deliberately at Soori before he left.

Soori chuckled softly, “There’s a good possibility that Jinyoung will be my favorite among you and your friends.”

“Wow. I’m hurt deep inside,” Mark frowned a little.

“Aww, this is me caring,” the girl rolled her eyes.

“You have so much hatred for me.”

“Can you blame me for it?” she raised an eyebrow.

“Well… No. But I wish you didn’t hate me so much, I mean come on it hasn’t even been a full day can’t you just not hate me?”

“Well I probably could if you weren’t so irritating.”

“Irritating? Me? You’re crazy.”

“No I’m not,” Soori shook her head.

“Soori come here!” Heesung suddenly called out.

Soori glanced over at her then back at Mark, shrugging as she went over to the girl. “What’s up?” she asked.

“Does that man like you?”

“I doubt it, he’s a player as far as I know,” Soori raised an eyebrow, “Why?”

Heesung simply shrugged, but Tiffany was able to explain for her. “It looks like he’s flirting with you and if we were to make you two stand next to each other and you know… Hold hands. It’d be cute,” she chuckled.

“With all due respect… You’re crazy,” Soori replied bluntly.

“As I said, that man is a player. I want nothing to do with him.”

“Hey, not all players are bad people,” Tiffany chuckled.

“It’s true!” All of a sudden the guy from before, Daniel, popped up, wrapping his arm around Heesung.

“Unless we’re talking about my brother that guy is a ing ,” he laughed.

Soori raised an eyebrow, “And who exactly is your brother?”

“Oh, HEY !” Daniel called, almost immediately getting reprimanded by Ms. Henan.

Daniel held his hands up in mock surrender and the others laughed softly.

“Which are you calling for anyway?” Tao raised an eyebrow after Ms. Henan went into her office.

“My brother,” Daniel said.

“What do you want tard?” a skinny man with brunette hair came up.

“She was asking who my brother is,” Daniel said, gesturing towards Soori, who saluted them with two fingers.

“Oh. Hello, I’m Dave, the unfortunate brother of this face,” Dave introduced himself.

“Are you guys American?” Soori asked.

“Yeah, well…. Half at least,” Daniel nodded.

“Alright, gotcha,” Soori nodded, “I’m Soori.”

“And I’m Mark,” the man once again popped up out of nowhere, wrapping his arm around Soori’s shoulders. In return, the girl elbowed him in the gut and moved away from him. Daniel and Dave let out amused laughs as Mark doubled over in pain.

“ALRIGHT. I KNOW WHOSE BAD SIDE I’M NOT GETTING ON!” Daniel threw his hands up in the air and walked away. The other shook their heads and Jinyoung came over to help Mark up.

Jinyoung looked over at Soori and shook his head in amusement, “Hey go easy on the guy he’s weak,” he laughed.

“Yah!” Mark was able to yell a little despite the pain he was in.

“Stop being dramatic I didn’t elbow you that hard.”

“Yeah but it hurts getting jabbed in the gut by an elbow!” Mark whined.

“A lot of things hurt, like paper cuts. Now quit being a baby,” Soori rolled her eyes.

“Daaaaaamn. I have never seen this girl be such a !” Heesung burst into laughter.

“Unnie,” Soori glared at her.

“What? I am amused, okay!” she laughed even more.

The younger girl simply shook her head. 

“Why are you only mean to me?” Mark pouted.

“I’m mean to everyone what are you talking about?” Soori raised an eyebrow.

“Here I’ll help you out. Why are you legit to only him?” Heesung rephrased.

“Oh. Because he’s a player and I hate players, you know that Unnie! Also… You’re irritating,” she answered while staring at Mark.

Mark just frowned while Jinyoung just laughed while shaking his head. “Seriously, you are the only one to find his advances something annoying,” he said in amusement.

“How?!?! His advances are so… Ugh,” Soori groaned.

“My way of flirting with you is different from when I’m wooing other girls. Maybe I should woo you the way I woo them,” Mark nodded.

“That might end up with you in a coma,” Soori threatened.

“How are you still that one girl who used to be the sweetest little thing on Earth?” Heesung shook her head. 

“She was the sweetest little thing on Earth?” Jinyoung raised an eyebrow.

“It’s just because I used to let everyone copy my work and I always stood up for those being bullied or if anyone was hurt I’d always be the first to run and grab a teacher or the first aid kit, so people kept saying I was too nice,” Soori shrugged.

Heesung had to add on to that, “Also… She would never cuss; she was always looking for ways to help… She couldn’t be sassy to someone to save her life. What else…”

“I think you can end it there, Unnie.”

Mark raised an eyebrow, “So what made you change?” he asked in all curiosity, even Jinyoung was staring at her in confusion.

Soori could only stare back at the two, she didn’t want them to know.

“People change as they mature,” she replied with a shrug before walking away, meeting up with Tao and getting to know the other men in the class.

~

Mark and Jinyoung frowned at the answer; they both had a feeling that it wasn’t the complete truth. They both turned to Heesung, who looked back at them with raised eyebrows.

“How may I be of help?” she asked.

“What’s the real reason she changed?” Mark asked.

Heesung raised an eyebrow, “What do you mean? People change as they mature… That’s her reason, you don’t believe it?”

“I feel like there’s got to be some other reason other than her maturing,” Jinyoung shrugged.

“Such as?”

“Somebody. Someone changed her?” Mark tilted his head.

Heesung could only shrug, “I might be like her elder sister or something, but that doesn’t mean I know absolutely everything in her life. I stopped being in contact with her after her brother graduated.”

“Actually I have an idea,” Jinyoung suddenly said, “Has she ever dated a player?”

“Sounds more like something you’d have to ask her friends,” Heesung shrugged, “Though that would explain a lot.”

Mark furrowed his eyebrows, “Not all players are the same!”

Heesung could only chuckle, “Yeah, some are bad, others are worse.” And with that, she walked away from the two men.

“Not all players are bad!” Mark frowned.

“Well…” Jinyoung's voice trailed off.

“I’m not that bad am I?”

“Dude you had like at least twenty girlfriends just over summer. You’re pretty bad.”

“But I’m nice!”

“You dumped the last girl right after she saw you making out with another gi-”

“That was different!”

“Dude. You’re bad,” Jinyoung said, placing his hand on Mark’s shoulder.

Mark sighed and went back to the original topic. “So do you think she was hurt by one?”

“It’s a pretty good possibility. It’d explain why she’s so hostile towards you,” Jinyoung shrugged.

“You know… You’ve barely known her a day,” Jinyoung suddenly said.

“What’s your point?” Mark raised an eyebrow.

“You’re already getting soft towards her,” he chuckled.

“I am not!” Mark immediately denied.

“Are too! Have you seen the way you act around her! If you saw me flirting with any other girl you would not care!”

I cared because you took the girl I was flirting with!”

“I’ve flirted with girls you were flirting with and you just laughed in the past!”

“That was the past this is the present!”

“I just did it last week!”

“That was still the past!”

Jinyoung sighed and just shook his head, “You’re growing soft.”

“Am not.”

“Are too.”

“Am not!”

“Calm yourselves ladies you’re causing a scene,” Soori chuckled, walking back over to them. “What’s getting your all twisted?”

Jinyoung laughed a little, “Mark’s in denial.”

“About?” Soori raised an eyebrow.

“Nothing!” Mark replied.

“Calm your voice,” Soori said.

“He’s denying the fact that he’s gotten soft,” Jinyoung said in a teasing voice.

“I’m not getting soft!” Mark complained.

“Sure,” Jinyoung rolled his eyes.

“What makes you think he’s gotten soft?” Soori raised an eyebrow.

“You,” Jinyoung replied simply.

Now both of Soori’s eyebrows were raised, “Me?”

“Yeah… I’ve never seen Mark so…” Jinyoung made hand motions that ended with him pointing at the girl.

“Oh yeah, I understand completely,” she replied while rolling her eyes.

“What I mean to say is, he doesn’t act the way he acts with you with any other girl,” Jinyoung nodded.

“Not even I do this all the time!” Mark denied.

“No you haven’t, stop lying.”

“I’m not lying!”

“You like her,” Jinyoung smirked, causing both Mark and Soori to freeze and stare at him with wide eyes.

“Alright… Well, ladies. The bell’s going to ring soon so why don’t you continue this argument without me, okay bye,” Soori said and shook her head while walking away.

That was weird.

Mark glared at Jinyoung after she left, “Now she thinks I really like her in the non player kind of way!”

“Is that really such a bad thing?” Jinyoung snickered.

“Well yeah, it’s only been a day there’s no possible way I like her!”

“You sure?” Jinyoung smirked.

Mark groaned, shaking his head before getting up and walking away, “I’m sure.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Yes, I am making theater the 'main' class for this fanfic.

Most school life fanfictions have that one class that they center the couple's activities around, theater is going to be that class for this fanfiction c: 

So I decided to update before I go off on my Spring vacation~

Happy Spring everyone!

And Happy April Fool's I hope you guise enjoy all the pranks because I woN'T I'M THE MOST GULLIBLE PERSON ALIVE OTL