Jealousy

My Player

Despite the awkward air between Soori and Mark, the boy still offered to walk the lady home. Of course, she declined, but Mark was persistent as he always is.

“So…” Mark spoke up during the walk home. Soori said nothing in return and just glanced up at him, a small hum of acknowledgement eliciting from her pursed lips. Mark just awkwardly cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his neck, “It uh… Sure is getting pretty cold…”

Soori just chuckled slightly as she looked up at him. “Yeah… That’s called winter, Mark.”

Mark just laughed and shrugged his shoulders slightly, “I guess I might just be used to the warm California sun still.”

“How long have you lived here?”

“Uh… A few years now?”

“And you’re still not used to it?”

“Don’t judge me,” Mark laughed while playfully nudging her. All the awkward tension from before seemed to have magically disappeared as they talked about the weather.

“Hey, let’s stop by the café and get something to eat?” Mark suggested.

“Hmm… I’m not too hungry, but I could go for a drink, I guess,” Soori said with a smile.

Mark grinned before taking the initiative and grabbing onto Soori’s hand, firmly gripping onto it as he led the way to the café. Soori didn’t mind it one bit and even started to slightly swing their hands back and forth a little back as they walked to the café.

“So, when’s the next time I get to hang out with your family?” Mark smirked.

“Never. It’s never happening,” Soori teased while sticking her tongue out at him. “When do I get to have dinner with your family?”

“Never. It’s never happening,” Mark mimicked, sending the two into little bursts of laughter.

“Aawww, why Little ? Afraid your dad will tell me even more embarrassing stories?”

Mark rolled his eyes before suddenly pulling Soori closer, wrapping his arm firmly around her shoulders, “You remember what I said about you calling me Little , don’t you?” he smirked as he leaned in closer to her face.

The girl turned a bright shade of pink before quickly turning away and running off to the café, “I could really use some hot chocolate, come on Mark!”

He chuckled as he watched her going towards the café. He wasn’t as disappointed by the rejection of his kiss this time around, he knew that she was going to pull away the minute he grabbed onto her shoulders. Mark maintained a soft smile as his long strides eventually caught him up to Soori just as she was about to enter the café.

The two were just laughing softly at nothing as they entered the café together. Unfortunately for Soori, the first thing she saw upon entering was her ‘ex-boyfriend’ or whatever it was that they were. However, that boy was with another young male, whose attractive looks immediately caught Soori’s attention.

When Jimin caught sight of Soori he immediately stood up. Then, upon realizing his suddenness, sat back down and cleared his throat while rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

Soori slightly bit down on her lower lip and glanced up at Mark before looking back at Jimin then at the boy who was accompanying him. Mark comfortingly patted Soori’s shoulder before saying that he’d go order for them. He knew that Soori wouldn’t want him to start another fight with Jimin, and he figured that she’d probably want to talk to him. So he left her alone so she could get to it.

She took a deep breath as she walked over to them. Her eyes kept wandering to his friend. He was far too good looking to be their age, but it didn’t seem like he was that much older than Jimin and herself. In fact, it moreover looked like he might be younger.

Why couldn’t he be here with Taehyung instead… Of all his friends he had to bring a really good looking one…

She mentally cursed until she was finally in front of the two.

“Hey,” she greeted civilly.

“Hey, Soori…” Jimin greeted back awkwardly.

“It’s uh… It’s been a while,” she said, avoiding looking into his eyes and sparing more glances to his friend.

“I’m sorry I haven’t been hanging around as much… I’m not sure how to… You know…”

“Yeah… I understand…”

“Listen I uh-” “You know-” They both spoke up at the same time.

Soori cleared a little bit, and Jimin let her speak first. “I uh… I’m sorry about what happened at homecoming.”

“You’re sorry?” Jimin asked incredulously, “Hey… I should be the one who’s sorry… You didn’t deserve anything like that.”

She nodded slowly and stared at the ground, unsure of what to say now that they had both apologized for what happened beforehand.

“Uh…” Jimin cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his neck before continuing on, “Well, it’s nice seeing you’re doing okay… Oh, this is my friend Jungkook, by the way. He goes to a different school than us.”

“Oh… It’s nice to meet you, I’m Soori,” she said while bowing politely.

Jungkook just smiled sweetly at her, which sent Soori’s butterflies fluttering. She already knew that her eyes were forming hearts as she stared at Jungkook. And when Mark got back while waiting for their drinks, he could also see the hearts in her eyes. He followed her line of sight and frowned at the sight of Jungkook.

“Soori…” he nudged her lightly.

“Oh, you two are together again?” Jimin asked in a timid voice while looking at Mark. The last time the two had talked, Mark had done nothing but punched Jimin.

“Yeah, what does it matter to you?” Mark glared at Jimin. He knew that by now Soori must have forgiven him, and Mark knew it was childish of him to hate Jimin, but he did.

“Mark,” Soori said while nudging him lightly, giving him a look that clearly said for him to be nice.

Jimin cleared his throat and stood up, patting Jungkook as a signal that they should probably get going. “Well, it was nice seeing you guys again… I’ll see you later then…”

“Oh, yeah… Later, Jimin. It was nice meeting you, Jungkook,” Soori smiled politely. Jungkook returned the small smile and waved before walking out of the café.

“You didn’t have to be so mean to Jimin, you know,” she scolded while lightly slapping Mark’s arm.

He let out a soft sigh and lightly kicked at the floor, “You didn’t have to go all googly eyes for his friend…” Mark muttered to himself, but Soori was able to just barely hear him.

“Oh? What, are you jealous?” she smirked while crossing her arms across her chest.

“I think I’m allowed to be jealous,” he remarked.

I didn’t expect him to be straightforward about it…

“Really? After these past few days of you flirting around with those dancers and I find one guy attractive, I don’t even flirt with him, and now you’re all jealous and angry?” Soori raised an eyebrow, slightly amused with him.

“Yeah, you give that guy these googly eye looks and I’ve been here with you since the beginning of the school year and all I get is the cold shoulder.”

“Aawww, you poor baby,” she cooed while pinching his cheeks.

Mark glared down at her, “You are so lucky you’re cute.”

Soori just giggled before walking back up to the counter to wait for their drinks to arrive. Needless to say, she continued to make fun of him as they got their drinks and were seated back down at the table.

“So tell me, what does that kid have that I don’t have?” Mark asked while they were drinking their hot chocolates.

“What kid? Jungkook?” Soori asked with a slight chuckle in her voice.

“Yeah sure if that’s his name,” he rolled his eyes.

She giggled softly, “This is such a cute side to you,” she hummed before continuing on, “Let’s see… I like his hair better than yours, for starters. He has a nicer jawline… His skin looks nicer… His smile is really cute, like… Really, really cute… And-”

“Okay nevermind!” Mark cut her off, feeling his jealousy rising up even more, “Forget I ever asked, just drink your hot chocolate,” he muttered, staring down at his drink as he took another sip.

“Aawww, are you really that jealous?” she cooed gently.

“Oh shut up,” he muttered while shaking his head.

“It’s okay, you big baby,” she giggled.

“Big baby?” he looked up at her with both eyebrows raised.

“Yeah, I like it, what do you think?”

“I think you should get rid of the word big and just call me baby instead,” he winked playfully.

“See this is why I prefer Jungkook to you,” she laughed before drinking more of her hot chocolate.

Mark just shook his head and leaned back in his seat before looking back at her, “So let’s say I stop making all those sorts of comments…”

“I’d find you slightly more attractive, yeah.”

Mark bit down on his lower lip before nodding, “Okay. No more flirtatious comments. No more of that. I’m done.”

“But then, if I fall for that… How long would I last as your girlfriend? A week? A month?” she asked with a playful smile forming on her lips.

Mark chuckled and decided to joke around with her, “Maybe six months, since you’re so cute.”

“Aaayyyy… I better just go try my luck with Jungkook,” she chuckled while leaning back in her seat.

“Uh, no,” Mark immediately said, “You shouldn’t try your luck with him. You can stay with me. For six years. I’ll make the six years worth it.”

She rolled her eyes and laughed at him. “Most people don’t tell the girl they’re pursuing how long they’re going to last.”

“I’m not most people.”

“So if I were to date you… We’d only last six years?”

“Hypothetically. It’d be my longest relationship,” he chuckled.

Soori rolled her eyes and quickly finished up her drink, “Come on, it’s getting late. We should go home.” She said before standing up and starting to walk off, not even bothering to check if Mark was following her or not.

Mark frowned as he watched her walking out of the door before quickly getting up to follow her.

Why do I feel disappointed…? It’s not like I’m expecting anything from him. Get your head on straight, Soori. I’m not falling for him…

… Wrong move, Mark Tuan… Good job… And things were going so well… Hopefully she won’t stick to being this angry…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Okay I know I've been gone, I'm sorry...

Side note, I do have the next chapter written out, I'll update again tomorrow~

Also, I was wondering... I already have a sequel playing out in my head, but I want to know if you guys would be interested in a sequel, I know this story isn't quite finished yet, but we need about fifteen or so chapters more before the end is here... I think my notes currently has this story going for 39 chapters, but I may lessen or add on to that... But yeah... What do you guys think? 

Comment Replies~

lolllypop - I know right?~

thelillcat - Everyone is really hating the xD

EXOtic1994 - The feels are real aren't they?? Hehe, I know English teachers are the worst. Ugh

AnomalyMe - That is Jinyoung's sole purpose here, to ~

secretreader - They'll be in a relationship sooner or later... I think I'm getting close to making them official c;

choco27 - You don't like GOT7 yet read this?? Awww I'm really touched! I'm glad you like it~  I'll try to update faster, but no promises~

kelliejoan - Hehe their relationship is so fun to write and build up on. I can't wait to write scenes when they're finally together~

stephv92 - Thank you for being so understanding! I have no excuse for being late on updates right now, so I'll try to work on them faster! Thanks for the support~

starkisSitibaby - I'm glad you like my story! Thank you~! <3 I'll try to update faster~

cece_khjlover - I think she's starting to warm up to him~ But I don't think Mark can have a conversation without trying to get in her pants hehe

DerpMia0413 - I'm so sorry for the late update!! I hope you can forgive me...

BestfriendsAngelBABY - I'll try to update faster! :)