Forgiven

My Player

The following day Soori had only gotten up out of bed to eat and shower. She was dressed in sweat pants and a tank top, her hair was tied back into a messy bun. After she had showered she got back into bed, lying on her side with her iPod right beside her, playing music to help her try to fall back asleep.

The events from the previous night kept replaying in her head. How passionately Jimin kissed the other girl. How he tore Soori apart when his eyes caught hers and he only made the kiss deeper. The things his girlfriend said to her. His girlfriend. Soori sighed lightly. She was both ashamed and angry with herself for believing for a second that Jimin genuinely liked her.

She quickly closed her eyes when she heard her door open, not wanting to be bothered by anyone.

“Hey…” a soft voice spoke. Soori knew that voice; it belonged to Mark.

The bed sunk in where Mark had taken a seat next to the small girl. He stared down at her with a caring look, reaching his hand up to lightly pat what he hoped to be her back.

 Soori tensed a little when she felt his hand touching her body through the blanket, and hoped that he didn’t notice.

“I know you’re awake,” Mark spoke finally. Soori sighed and turned, burying her face into her pillow in response, a small grunt escaping her lips.

“Come on… Talk to me,” he said. Soori grunted again in response.

Mark let out a soft sigh before staring down at her, a small smirk playing on his lips, “Then you leave me no choice,” he chuckled as he pulled the blanket off of her body, immediately reaching in to tickle her sides.

A loud gasp escaped Soori’s lips as she jolted up, her laughs could not be held back and she tried to kick and squirm out of his grasp.

“M-Mark!!!” she cried out in desperation. The man pulled away with a smug look.

The bed was now in a disarray, Soori’s hair fell out of its bun, her tank top slightly hiked up to expose her belly button. Mark gulped as he stared at the exposed skin on her body.

As Soori caught her breath, she quickly fixed her appearance, much to Mark’s dismay, and straightened herself up.

“You messed up my bed. You better make it for me,” she said.

“Really?” Mark asked in disbelief.

Soori said nothing as she got up off the bed, crossing her arms as she stared at him expectantly.

Mark sighed and began fixing the girl’s bed for her, a smug grin appearing on her lips while she watched him.

“So how’d you get in?” she asked.

“Your brother let me in.”

“Hyuk?”

“Do any of your other brothers still live here?”

“I don’t need your sass.”

“Sorry. Anyway, I came here to check up on you,” Mark said when he had finished.

“I’m fine,” Soori hurriedly replied, sitting back down on the bed afterwards. Mark sat next to her.

“Liar,” he said.

“You’ve got no proof that I’m lying.”

Mark rolled his eyes and nudged her, “You’re doing nothing but lying in bed at two pm!”

“What’s your point? It’s a Sunday, lazy day.”

“Soori… I know you love looking like a strong girl who can take care of herself, but right now is not the time to keep to yourself. Last night when you denied everything, it was understandable. But now you should really talk to someone about it… You need someone to talk to and I’m the one that’s here,” Mark said.

Soori shook her head, “No. What I need is to be alone.”

“You’ll never solve your problems when you’re alone.”

“Yes I will.”

“You won’t.”

“I will!”

“What makes you think that?”

“I’ve done it for the past sixteen years of my life.”

Mark stayed silent for a moment before speaking up again, making a witty comment. “I think you mean the past twelve years. I doubt little four year old Soori was able to stand up for herself. At five maybe, but not four, and definitely not three or two or one.”

“Seriously Mark I do not need your sass.”

“I’m not even being sassy! Sassy would be if I looked you right in the eye and said, ‘I told you so’ but guess who didn’t do that? That’s right, the non-sassy boy over here.”

That brought a small smile onto Soori’s face and she chuckled lightly, shaking her head as she leaned back, laying down on the bed, “You’re an idiot.” She mused while staring up at her ceiling.

Mark just chuckled and laid down beside her, turning his head so he could look at her, “I’m just trying to comfort you.”

“Thanks,” she smiled softly and her side to face him. He also turned over on his side.

Their bodies were so close together, and for a moment, everything slowed down as they stared into each other’s eyes. Mark smiled a little and suddenly brought his hand up to her face, gently brushing away a few stray strands of her hair and tucking them behind her ear.

“You’re beautiful…” he muttered in English.

A small blush crept onto Soori’s cheeks and she averted her gaze, clearing slightly. “T-Thanks…”

Oh crap. I forgot she spoke English too…

why are you acting so shy?? He’s Mark. The player!

“A-Anyway…” Mark changed the topic, “Back to the original topic… Are you okay?”

“Do I look like someone who isn’t okay right now?”

“Well no, not at this specific moment. Right now you look like the cutest teenage girl on Earth with those red cheeks. But when I got here, yeah you kind of did look like someone who wasn’t okay.”

Soori’s cheeks turned a brighter shade of red out of embarrassment and she huffed, “Okay, okay. I’m not okay. How could anyone be okay after finding out they were being cheated on by someone they really liked?”

“When they have awesome friends who want nothing more than for their happiness, I think that’s one way you could be okay right now.”

“…Are you willing to spoil me right now? I think I’d be happier if you did.”

“Consider me your servant for today. Anything you want, I’m here for you,” Mark smiled sweetly at her, causing Soori to smile sweetly back at him.

It took all of Mark’s willpower to not try and kiss her right then and there.

“Let’s go out.”

Mark choked on his spit, “Pardon?”

She grinned a little and she got up from her bed, reaching out a hand to help pull Mark up as well, “Let’s go out. You’re going to buy me ice cream, maybe we can play some basketball, and then there’s another place I’ve been dying to go to.”

“Well. Babe, are you asking me out on a date right now?” he gave her a smug look and chuckled.

Soori laughed and shrugged her shoulders, “If that’s how you want to look at it.”

“A second date with the most amazing female I’ve ever known. That’s definitely the way I want to look at it,” Mark chuckled.

She blushed again and rolled her eyes, slapping his arm for the cheesy comment before pushing him out of her room so that she could change.

~

When Soori came back out, dressed in a light pink t-shirt, a pair of jean shorts, a black purse, and all of her usual accessories, Mark just smiled at her.

“Just something plain like that? I was hoping to find you dressed in something as beautiful as the dress you were wearing yesterday,” he chuckled teasingly.

“Oh? Sorry, I only dress like that on special occasions when I feel the need to look good,” she rolled her eyes and chuckled.

Mark laughed softly and smiled at her, “I was joking. You always look good. Dress or no dress, makeup or without makeup. Last night you looked stunning though.”

Soori blushed a little bit at his comments and cleared , “Well if you’re done being cheesy let’s go! I really want ice cream.”

“Alright, alright. Whatever the princess wants,” he winked at her before offering his arm to her, which she gladly took.

“Oppa! I’m going out with Mark for a while! I’ll be back before dinner!” Soori yelled into the living room.

“Stay out as long as you want I don’t want you here!” Hyuk called back, causing Soori to roll her eyes.

“Okay I’m going to spend the night at Mark’s then!”

At that, Hyuk was in front of the couple within seconds. He stared down at Mark, “I trust you. But I swear to god if she isn’t home by ten o’clock I will personally make your life a living hell.”

Mark gulped and nodded quickly several times, “Y-Yes sir!"

“Good. I’ll see you guys later tonight then!” he grinned happily and waved the young couple off.

Once they were out of the house, Mark exhaled. “Please tell me your eldest brother isn’t as scary as him.”

“Hmm… Taekwoon Oppa isn’t scary in the same way Hyuk Oppa is… But… Taekwoon Oppa has a lot of muscle. And he’ll happily beat the living daylights out of any man who hurts me,” Soori nodded, “But I don’t think it’s my brothers you should be the most scared of. My cousins are even more protective me. Like my cousins in California! They’re the scary ones. Kai Oppa is really scary.”

Mark nodded before mumbling to himself, “I’ll be praying for my life then…”

Soori seemed to have heard that because she chuckled softly, “It’s not like you’re my boyfriend right now. You have nothing to worry about.”

“Hmm… I’m not your boyfriend ‘right now’ so… Later on I’ll have to worry about it,” he chuckled lightly.

“If you and I ever end up having feelings for each other, then yeah I guess so.”

“So there’s a chance that it could happen?”

“Well yeah but there’s a chance for virtually anything to happen… So yeah.”

“I feel like you’re just toying with my feelings right now.”

Soori chuckled lightly and nudged him, “Whatever. Come on, the ice cream parlor is just around the block! I’ll race you there!”

“Fine. Winner owes the loser a kiss?”

“In your dreams, Mark. Ready? Go!” she exclaimed before starting to sprint over to the ice cream parlor.

“W-What? NOT FAIR I WASN’T READY!” Mark called after her, immediately sprinting to catch up with her.

Luckily for Mark, he had longer legs than Soori. So despite her getting a head start, Mark easily caught up and beat her to the ice cream shop. When they were both in front of the shop, they took a second to catch their breath before looking at each other.

Mark grinned, “I won! You owe me a kiss,” he leaned forward, puckering his lips.

Soori scrunched her nose in disgust and just poked his forehead, pushing him away. “Again, in your dreams. Come on, let’s go!” she then grabbed his hand, dragging him into the parlor.

Mark was disappointed that he didn’t get a kiss, but the fact that he was now holding Soori’s hand made everything a little better.

After they had both ordered some ice cream, they walked off towards a park while eating it. Surprisingly, Soori had yet to let go of Mark’s hand. Not like that was much of a problem for him.

“So where to now, princess?” he asked while grinning at her.

“The park?” Soori suggested, looking up at with him with a tilted head.

Mark grinned and nodded at her suggestion, “The park it is,” he agreed as he slowly started to move his fingers so they were interlaced with Soori’s.

When Soori felt his fingers lacing with hers, a small blush formed on her cheeks and she could feel her heartbeat increasing slightly. She kept her eyes glued to the ground as she silently ate her ice cream. Despite how badly she wanted to, she could not pull her hand away from Mark’s. They continued walking like that until they had reached the park.

As soon as they reached the park, Soori finally pulled her hand away from Mark’s as she ran off to the swingset. Mark frowned a little at the loss of her hand but soon smiled at seeing how childish she could be.

He took a seat at the swingset beside hers and they started to lightly swing themselves back and forth while finishing up their ice cream. Mark was the first to speak up after he had taken the last bite of his cone, “So do you forgive me and the other guys?”

“Hmm? What do you mean?” Soori turned to him, also finishing her cone.

“I mean… After Jaebum hurt Jinhee… Do you guys forgive us?”

“Well I mean… After last night… You guys all went to beat up Jimin for me. So I definitely forgive you guys. I’m still not sure about Jaebum, but I’m grateful that he was caring enough towards me to beat up Jimin as well. I think Serah forgave you guys too because she’s dating Bambam now. I’m not sure about Jinhee though. She’ll come around sooner or later, she can’t hate people for too long.”

“I’m glad to hear that. It was tough having you act that way towards me.”

“It was for two days!”

“And those two days were the worst two days of my life,” Mark chuckled before starting to swing higher, leaning back a little and staring up at the sky. “The weather’s really nice today,” he said, switching the topic.

Soori raised an eyebrow at him and chuckled lightly before tilting her head back and looking up at the sky, “It is nice today.”

“Swing yourself a little! It’s a swingset, have some fun!” Mark .

“I just ate ice cream, I don’t want to end up getting a stomachache,” she said while turning her head to look at him.

Mark immediately dug his heels into the ground to make himself stop swinging. “You could have warned me about that earlier.”

“I thought you’d be smart enough to realize it sooner or later.”

“You mean like once my stomach started hurting?”

“Probably.”

“I could have puked on you.”

“You wouldn’t dare to.”

“You wanna bet?”

“If you want this to be our last date, I’ll bet anything,” Soori laughed.

“Well that’s something I definitely do not want. Nevermind, I won’t puke on you,” Mark laughed before getting onto his feet and grabbing Soori’s hand. “Let’s get going. This date won’t last forever and I want to make sure we do a lot of things to make sure you are over Jimin and falling in love with me instead,” he winked at her before pulling her away from the park.

Soori opened to protest and make a smart remark, but found herself speechless. She also found her cheeks starting to burn along with her heartbeat beating out of control again. She quickly shook the feelings away and slapped his arm, “I won’t fall in love with you.”

“Wanna bet?”

“Too many bets are being made. I’m not betting anything anymore.”

“You’re just saying that because you know you’ll lose,” Mark smirked at her.

“Yeah right, you wish.”

You have no idea how badly I wish for you to lose that bet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The amount of fluff that is about to come your way is not even funny.

/All/ of the fluff is about to come your way.

So I just finished up midterms and that damn PSAT. Easy man. AND DID ANYONE ELSE TAKE THE PSAT AND GET FORM W BECAUSE DAMN

THAT WAS A THING

So yeh I'm hoping to update a little more often as long as history doesn't up my life too much because seriously I need all of the help in that class. I at history. I hate history.

`Subscribe/Comment?(:

`Also follow my Wattpad and read my stories there :3 Link is in the last chapter~

Comment Replies~

EXOtic1994 - BAMBAM AND SERAH ARE A THING. I'm so happy that you love my story that much~ Your comments make me happy <3 And I'm always happy to reply to your comments~

kyunginchanbaekris - Mooooorrrkkkkkk. xD I'm trying my best to update more ^_^

tigerlily09 - Bets all over the place because that's what teenagers do. We bet. Everything. Mark said something about the dress now :3

GzEXOluv - Don't get me wrong I ing love Jimin okay. I just feel like his image fits this role xD WELL I'M GLAD YOU GOT TWO DAYS OFF YOU'RE LUCKY. 

natashanash13 - Mark and Soori feels will be ALL OVER you from now on and I am not even sorry-- Don't die though-