Beginning of Freshman Year

My Player

“Soori!!” one voice eagerly called out, making the said girl search in all directions for the owner of this voice.

“Jinhee!” she finally called out, embracing her best friend.

“YOU WERE GONE ALL SUMMER I MISS YOUUUU!!” Jinhee cried, tightly hugging Soori.

“I texted you a ton and facetimed and everything!” Soori laughed, pulling away from the hug.

“But we didn’t get to hang out in person, you had to go back and visit the States didn’t you?” Jinhee pouted as the two girls began walking into the school.

“Oh come on, I had a reunion, we went to Disneyland, plus my aunt and her daughter, aka my second mom, wanted me to accompany them to Hawaii! I got you souvenirs; they’re at my house though,” Soori grinned widely.

“Souvenirs?!?! Soori you’re the best!!” Jinhee grinned, finally forgiving her best friend at the mere mention of souvenirs.

Soori laughed, “So, where exactly are we headed right now?” she asked.

“No idea, but I’m about ninety percent sure my locker was back there so I’ll be on my way. Later!” she waved and headed off in the opposite direction, turning into a hallway a couple steps back.

Soori took this alone time to look around the school, something she didn’t do much of a couple months ago when the High School Leadership gave incoming Freshmen a tour of the school. She took in the design of the building and all the posters, looking at all of it with a content face before actually beginning to look for her locker and her first class.

She pulled out the slip of paper with her schedule and locker number on it, searching the hallways for some indication of where exactly she was.

While she stared at the paper and walked towards what she believed was the correct direction, she nearly tripped over another person’s foot. She quickly recomposed herself and turned to the owner of the foot.

“I’m sorry; I wasn’t watching where I was going,” Soori quickly bowed and looked up, finding herself face to face with a very attractive man, followed by several others as well as several attractive women.

The man smirked, taking a step towards Soori, “Don’t sweat it beautiful,” he winked, caressing her face softly as he tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear.

Soori, immediately recognizing what kind of person she had just run into, smiled softly. “Well, I’ll be on my way then,” she pulled away from his hand and hurried on down the hallway, hoping he didn’t bother to follow her.

“Soori!” another voice called, one she immediately recognized. She turned with a smile and came face to face with Jessica, she was your typical popular girl, big s, really pretty, wears makeup, all that stuff, however she was very sweet and mature, which was a main component in why Soori grew to love her.

“Hey!” Soori smiled, exchanging a hug with her.

“Who was that you bumped into back there?” she asked, pointing towards the direction Soori had just come from.

“Huh? Oh you mean the guy who was kind of-”

“Kind of really cute and was totally making a move on you, yeah that guy,” Jessica laughed, speeding the conversation on.

Soori shrugged, “Beats me. I accidentally tripped on his foot and quickly apologized. But he’s one of those flirts whose life goal is probably to get into the pants of every girl he meets. So you know; whatever.”

“You. Are the only person I know who would just say ‘whatever’ to a man with looks like that!” Jessica laughed, faking a slap to Soori’s arm.

Soori laughed and shook her head, “I don’t think I am… Jinhee might have done the same. Anyway, I gotta find my locker and head to class, don’t wanna be late first day of school,” Soori laughed and waved goodbye to Jessica, who also waved back before heading back to her friends.

Soori was relieved to find her locker not too far away from her first class of the day, which had to be Algebra 2. She strolled in and sat down close to a window in the middle of the class, thankful no one had already taken that seat.

She stared out the window for a solid minute or so until Krystal, who was basically Jessica’s sister, had come up, pulling out the seat in front of Soori and sitting down, facing her, allowing her arms to rest on the back of the chair.

“So Jessica told me about Mr. Cutie back there,” she started, “should have stayed back and flirted with him.” Krystal smirked.

“Krystal!!” Soori’s shocked reply came, her laughter hiding any sign of disgust she had with that idea, “I’m not like that and you know it!” she said, an obvious ring of offense in her tone of voice.

Krystal rolled her eyes and propped up an elbow, resting her chin in her arm, “So what? I know you hate those kinds of guys but you’re in high school now girl, you gotta open up your heart and those legs,” she chuckled.

Soori stared at Krystal, laughing slightly, “You shouldn’t be talking you’re also a .”

“Yeah… But I’ve also had my first kiss,” Krystal winked.

“I am taking a lot of offense in this conversation, I am proud to not have been kissed yet okay,” Soori replied, leaning back in her chair.

Krystal, laughing loudly, shook her head several times, “No Soori I didn’t mean to offend you it was just teasing!!”

“I know… You wouldn’t mean that unless you hated me… Which you don’t… Right?” Soori looked at her.

“Of course not, you and I and just about everyone that was in our middle school know that one does not simply hate you.”

“I know… Th-” The sound of the bell ringing along with the teacher entering cut off the rest of Soori’s sentence.

The teacher quickly glanced up at the class then proceeded to his desk, sitting down and facing the class. “I’ll give about five minutes for any delinquents in this class before we begin,” he said.

Everyone began whispering, looking around at each other, quietly questioning what the teacher meant by that.

Everything became clear as a few students entered the class a couple minutes later. The students watched the students entering, meeting their new (or old) class clowns and delinquents. Soori’s eyes widened as she saw the flirt from earlier enter. Krystal turned back to face Soori, about to rant about the cute boy, then after examining her face, smirked.

“So that’s the cutie,” she nodded, talking in a hushed voice towards Soori. “Not bad,” she nodded, smiling at him as he took a seat behind Soori.

Soori quickly turned to the window, not bothering to face him as he walked past her. ‘Should he matter?’ She questioned herself, ‘He probably doesn’t even care about me anyway.’ She scolded herself for making a big deal out of the situation and faced the front, waiting for the teacher to begin his lecture.

 ~

As soon as class was over, Soori immediately grabbed her bag and stood up, getting her class schedule and school map to see where her next class was, but before she could even find out what her next class even was, it was ripped out of her hands by none other than Krystal.

Soori sighed and stared at her, holding out her hand and expecting the paper back, “Krystal give it back.”

“As soon as you introduce me to the kid behind you,” she grinned innocently.

Soori glanced behind her, seeing the boy standing there, and shook her head, “I don’t even know his name. Now give it back,” she said, not even caring that he could definitely hear their conversation.

“Were you not paying attention during roll call?” the boy said and chuckled softly.

“No, I only listened for my name then I stopped paying attention,” Soori answered truthfully.

“Well , so I was the only one who listened to hear what your name was?” he sounded lightly disappointed.

Krystal was staring at Soori with a slight smirk on her face and amused eyes.

Soori wasn’t fazed, “I guess so, sorry to hear that, now I’ll be on my way, you two can introduce yourselves to one another without my help,” she said, taking the schedule back from Krystal while her guard was down due to her excitement and left the classroom.

The boy let out a low whistle once Soori was out of the room and eyed Krystal. “How long you been friends with her?” he questioned.

“Since 7th grade,” she answered.

“You’ll know enough about her then. She’s not easy, is she?”

Krystal chuckled and shook her head, “She isn’t. She has turned down several guys in the two years I’ve known her; good luck if you like her.”

“Oh I don’t like her like that,” the guy chuckled, causing Krystal to raise an eyebrow, “I like what’s in between her legs,” he winked and started to leave the classroom.

Krystal chuckled more and spoke before he could leave, “You’ll never get it.”

The boy turned and raised an eyebrow, “Oh really? What makes you so sure?”

Krystal walked closer to him, “Soori isn’t the type of person to give her ity to a guy like you; she also isn’t an idiot who lost her ity at an early age.”

“Don’t worry about that babe, I get all girls to spread their legs for me,” he eye her and smirked, “Maybe I’ll get you another time as well.”

Krystal scoffed, “Well I hope you won’t take it too badly when you finally get a girl that won’t spread her legs for you. See you another time then,” she crossed her arms and walked off.

~

Soori was now looking for her next classroom, sighing and growing frustrated, hating the fact that she had to miss out on orientation because she was at Disneyland, it was worth it at the time, but now she wasn’t even sure where the hell she was. She cursed the school for being so big.

Before she knew it, her schedule was once more ripped out of her hands. She groaned and turned, finding herself with the cute boy.

“Hey cutie,” he grinned at her, scanning through her schedule.

“Hi,” Soori stared at him, “What are you doing?”

“Checking out your classes. Also checking you out,” he smirked, handing the schedule back to her.

“Umm…” Soori blinked, taking the schedule back, “Okay then…”

“So we have quite a few classes together, and when I say that, I mean we have almost every class together,” he grinned.

“Uh-huh…” Soori nodded.

“You’ll be seeing me for first, second, third, study hall, and sixth period,” he confirmed, “Though our fourth and fifth period classes are rather close to each other.”

“Great, so would you mind pointing me to where our next class is?” she asked, not really caring for the details.

“I could, or I could point you to where I want you to go, which would be anywhere secluded,” he winked.

Soori sighed and turned away from him, turning to her left, “Nevermind.”

“You’re going the wrong way,” the boy chuckled.

Soori groaned, turning around.

“Kidding,” he smirked and walked ahead of her.

“You’re not helping the fact you made a bad first impression on me you know,” Soori sighed, following him.

“That’s fine, by the end of the day your impression of me should have gotten better,” he grinned and turned to face her.

“I wouldn’t be so confident about that,” Soori chuckled.

“Oh? Why not?” the boy raised an eyebrow.

“First impressions aren’t that easy to change.”

“Well, hopefully I’ll also be able to change your thoughts on that,” he grinned widely.

Soori raised an eyebrow and shook her head, “I never caught your name.”

“So you do care!” he laughed, “Name’s Mark Tuan. You’ll be screaming that sometime in the future so keep it in mind.”

“How the hell are you so sure about that?”

“How the hell do you stand talking to me for so long yet don’t fall for me?”

Soori blinked and stared at him, “That has no relevance whatsoever to what I was talking about.”

“Anything that doesn’t involve me getting into your pants should be considered irrelevant,” Mark smirked.

Soori let out a loud sigh and shook her head, walking further ahead of Mark, wanting to get away from him and avoid getting a headache from his stupidity.

“You missed the classroom,” Mark called out, leaning against the doorway of their second period class, Biology. Soori cursed under her breath and turned around, walking back towards Mark and entered the classroom without a single word to him.

Mark smirked as he checked out her while she walked inside; letting out a low whistle to himself he smirked.

This is going to be a great day.

~~~~~~~~~

 

And thus I have finally posted chapter 1~

I really wasn't expecting any more than 10 subscribers but man am I happy to see that there is more than 10~

I hope you guys enjoy the chapter and look forward to the upcoming ones~!