Stranger

The Lost Hope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Oppa…”

 

“Oppa…” Soojung softly says. Kris looks up at her. Her eyes were blurry with tears. He pulls her into his arm again. “It’s okay. I was just hoping the shooting will come out its best.” He assures her. “Don’t worry.”

 

The shooting has already ended. Kris left earlier wanting to send Soojung home. Actually in this time of the night, everybody already must have left. He was driving home alone. The thought of Seohyun slightly strike him. Unconsciously, he drives to the park where they shot the last scene earlier.

.

.

.

.

Seohyun looks up the sky. She can barely see anything with those teary eyes. The thing with Kris, she really never knew it was coming. They never get along before, always arguing over simplest to complicated things. Am I being a giving him my heart knowing he’s owned?

She blinks several times ridding the salty water in her brown eyes. Her hairs flawlessly flow along with the wind with light breeze hitting her pale face. “You’re still here…” A voice calls back her conscience.

“I-Kr- Kris…” She coughs his name out. “Why are you here? Where is Soojung?” She asks turning her head looking for Soojung. “Seohyun…” He looks at her face with a blank face but she can clearly see that painful feeling through his dark, swollen eyes lacking of sleep.

 

“!” He curses not wanting to take it any longer. Why fate tortures us like this, he wonder. What can he do? When there she is, standing next to him, who he gave his heart for, and on the other end, someone who loves him with all her heart. How can he break her?

 

“Leave…” She commands without landing a sight on him. “We can’t do like this. This is unfair to Soojung.” She was about to walk away when he grabs her hand. “What about you? What about me? What about us? Have you ever thought about that?” She pauses. “What about us…? There’s nothing. Within no time, you’ll forget I’ve ever exist just like how I will forget you.”

 

How can I forget you when you are the one open my heart again? A heart that has been death locked away all along? She is different from every girl in his life – even with Soojung. Her smiles freeze his heart every time. Even though he did disgusting things to her, she cursed him, demanded his disappearance. There was never a time, he wants to leave her. “Let just stay like this for awhile.” He wraps his long arm around her waist.

 

“From now on… let’s be a stranger to each other… Promise me that.”

.

.

.

.

.

.

“I promise…” He closes his eyes feeling her warmth under the moonlight hoping for it to last longer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Alright, everyone! Thanks for coming today. And for those hard works you’ve put into this project… You guys are amazing! So, tonight… drink all you want! It’s my treat!” Minah raises her glass up while cheering the crowds with her treat. This is the ending party after the project had received a good feedback from the professors and college students.

 

Seohyun finds herself sitting with boredom at one corner of the restaurant – well, a night club to be certain. The wild lights and music give her headache especially with that smell of the cigarettes all over the place. She never is a fan of this stuff. “Come on, Seo Joohyun! You’re not going to sit there forever, are you?” Yerin pulls her hand up forcing a glass in it.

 

“Yeah, Unnie… You’re the star of the night! You should be dancing with us.” Choa assists. “I heard you’re a very good drinker. Is that true?” Choa giggles while Seohyun smiles. Right, who would believe someone like her can drink her head off when she doesn’t like wild lights and music? “Com’ on, show the kid what you’ve got, Seohyun.” Minah challenges her.

 

She pours one down . Everyone claps. What’s wrong with getting wasted tonight? She thought and pours another one and another one down inside her body nonstop. She continues drinking for a big while. Everyone is looking at her blankly. “Ah—“

 

“Stop it, Seohyun. You’re off the limit now. The newcomer snatches a glass of her hand. Seoyhun looks up, it’s Kris tagging along Soojung. “Why are you here?” She replies looking for another glass of that hot liquid. “You said you wouldn’t come. I was happy until you appeared.” Seohyun talks with her croaky voice. “You’re off the limit already. Stop drinking.” “Who are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter