Him, Her, Us?

The Lost Hope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yah! Wake up. Are you going to sleep until noon?" Seohyun opened the door in her brother's bedroom and quickly woke him up. She walked to the window and opened the curtain letting the light beam into the dark, cozy room. "What time is your class?" Joohyuk, who was still half asleep, stretched on the bed lazily. "2 o'clock, why?" He asked before getting up from the bed. "Well, we have to go to see mum and dad today, apparently." She explained watching him limped slowly to the bathroom. "I'll head off to work then. See you at the house. Don't be late."


Seohyun checked the time once more and quickly made her way to the bus stop realizing she's late. "Gosh, the meeting is in two hours. And yet I have all those documents to prepare!" She cursed on her way to the company. I hope she's not there before me, she thought. "Aigoo~ Seohyun, where have you been?" KyungMi greeted Seohyun with panic. "Sorry, Unnie. I was late." She said. "Is the director here already?" Seohyun asked leaning herself to check on the director room. "Luckily, not yet." 


"Oh, good. Then, please excuse me Unnie. There are lots of documents I have to prepare for the board director meeting this morning." She bowed and went straight to her table.Seohyun placed the last file on the table arranging them again before step out to see. She sighed. "What else do I need?" Her eyes roamed around the big meeting room trying to find the missing puzzle. "Coffee!" She clapped her hand giving herself some compliment. 



--------------------------------------------------------------------



"Hello, can I have seven Expresso, five Cappucino, four Mocha, and one cup of Americano with double shot, please." Seohyun made her order. Lucky for her, there's a cafe shop nearby the company. It would be a hassle having to carry all those hot coffee back to the office by herself. "Here are your orders, miss." Not long after, the girl at the counter gave her the coffee and smile. 


Seohyun walked out the cafe with all the hot coffee in her hands. 10 minutes, that's all you get Seohyun, she thought before hurried her steps. "Good morning, Ms.Seohyun." A familiar voice greets her. She turned and looked for the source of the voice seeing her boss standing on the other end. "Good morning," she quickly bowed and looked up to her surprised seeing the tall figure beside her. "This is Wu Yi Fan, my boyfriend. I believe you remember him." She introduced.


"Good morning," she bowed again trying to keep herself calm and not to show any emotion to the new comer. "The meeting is ready, Ms.Jung. The board directors meeting will start in 20 minutes. I've already prepared the documents." She explained and Soojung nodded. "See you later, oppa." She turned to talk to the tall figure standing beside her. He seemed surprised earlier but all there's on his face is cold, blank reaction. 


"I don't want to leave my baby," he whined pulling Soojung closer to him and planted a peck on her lips. "Can you not go?" He pouted somehow it clenched someone's heart seeing on the other end. "Don't be silly, oppa. We will see tonight, okay?" She laughed and kissed his cheek saying goodbye. "Follow me, Ms.Seohyun." She ordered with a firm voice which is totally different from when she was talking with her boyfriend earlier who is all sweet and cute. Seohyun obeyed and followed her easily. "Tell me about the issues for the meeting today." 


"Today, the board directors will be discussing the mid-year income of the company, marketing tactics, and the agreement with the company in the States." She listed them out mentally not wanting to miss the important details. Soojung nodded and walked inside the meeting room where the other members of the board director were all present. "Good morning, as most of you already informed. I'm Jung Soojung, the department director." She bowed and introduced herself to the crowds made up mostly of the elders who have known her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter