Her - The Director

The Lost Hope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Come on, Seohyun. Everyone is going out for lunch." 

 

"Go for it, Unnie. I'm just going to stay a little while to finish the draft for this afternoon meeting." 

 

"Alright, then. But the new director is coming also. Just so you know..." Seohyun mouthed an oh silently. She has been working at some entertainment company since graduation which is basically a month ago. Running around with papers and documents in her arms, filing this and that, those are her life.  


"New director... My boss..." She closed the documents she's been staring at for the last 2 hours and grabbed the staff-nametag. "I gotta go." She fasten her paced before catching up with the other colleagues. 


"Ahnyeonghaseyo~" The new comer welcome herself to everyone with a warm smile. Everyone stood of their seats and bowed. "Aigoo, ahnyeonghaseyo!" Everyone exclaimed. 

 

 

"Omo, she's beautiful!" "I heard she's still young." Seohyun, whose mind drift off to no-man-land, quickly pulled herself up before bowing. "Good afternoon, Director Jung," she said. "I'm Seo Joohyun. I'm her secretary. Please look after me well." She finally looked up and was taken aback by her sight. "Soojung..." She muttered inaudibly and lowered her head. Right, Jung Soojung. 




"Thank you, I'm Jung Soojung. As you know, I'm the new director so please take care of me." She smiled and walked to the empty chair left especially for her. "Please enjoy yourself and let's work hard in the near future!" She spoke with her angelic yet powerful voice again. "Nae, Director Jung." She doesn't remember me? Seohyun thought to herself watching everyone eat. Ah well, she probably didn't. It has been long anyways. She only met you for like what? Two times? Of course, she wouldn't recognize you. 



She shrugged to the thought and began eating also. The meal went fast and warm with everyone admiring the young,smart and beautiful director of the company.  "Miss Joohyun, please bring the documents for the meeting into my room. I want to take a look at them before the meeting start."  "Yes, Director Jung," Seohyun sighed and walk back to her desk getting the asked documents. 

 

*1 New Message*

-My Annoying Brother- 

 

Hey there, ugly. Will pick you up today. Don't make me wait! 

 

 

 

Aish. She grinned and put the phone down on her desk and walked into the director room.  "Come in." Seohyun opened the door and let herself in. "The documents you want to see, Director Jung." She put the documents on the table in front of Soojung who looked down at them for short seconds. 

 

 

"Thank you, Miss Joohyun." Seohyun bowed before turning herself toward the door and walked out. "You know... Seohyun," she stopped. " I remembered you. Seo Joohyun... How can I forget you? How could I forgot someone my boyfriend..." Seohyun pressed her lips together feeling nervous "...acted within the graduated project,right?" Soojung spoke at all the sudden.

 

Her voice is chilly cold. Seohyun felt cold in her spines. "I'm sorry for this afternoon. I thought it wouldn't be appropriate to...you know?" Soojung broke the awkward silent before Seohyun could say any word. Now, with a more friendly voice. 

 

 

"Ah-oh that. You don't have to, Director Jung." She turned and bowed for Soojung. "If there's nothing now, please excuse me."  It has been a while now. 





The word 'boyfriend' clenched her heart without her knowing it. And she doesn't like it either. They made mistakes. They crossed the line. They betrayed their friends. They cheated on Soojung.  But they made a promise to never again meet. They promised to end everything. They promised to live in the different world after all. 

 

 

 

'Im sorry...' 

 

 

 

That's all she can say. That's the best she can manage. Seohyun tried to keep her mind together for the rest of the day. And it's not easy after all what Soojung said to her. There's nothing showing that she knew about her and him. But that's probably the sinner'a burden. Guilty. That's what she feel. "Seohyun, we're leaving now. Wanna join us tonight?" KyungMi asked while packing her things. She has been helping Seohyun on everything ever since she first work here. 

 

"Enjoy herself, Unnie. I will excuse myself this time. The director is still here." Seohyun looked at the door and sighed. 




*1 New Message* 
-My Annoying Brother- 


I'm downstairs, ugly. Come down now. 







*1 New Message* 
-My Annoying Brother- 


I'm waiting. --" 





*1 New Message* 
-My Annoying Brother- 


Yah! Seo Joohyun! You freakin make me wait like hours already!  




She checked her phone and waited. After hours past. She finally walked towards the director's room. She knocked on the door and wait until she was approved. "Director Jung, are you going home soon?" She asked. "Oh, is it time?" She looked up from her works and get a gasp of her wristwatch. "Right, it's almost 8 o'clock. And you... Aren't going home?" She asked "No, I have to wait for you, Director Jung. Are you hungry? You have been working since the afternoon. Do you need coffee?" Seohyun asked looking at Soojung whose eyes only stares at the things on her desk. "Oh no, I'm good. I think I'll leave now. My boyfriend is coming very soon." She closed the folders. "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter