eleven

you have my whole heart (you always did)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR'S NOTE

The A/N is at the start of the chapter this time because I'm too excited to wait till the end to talk to you guys~ °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖° The other day I realised that the prev chapter got > 100 subscribers and I'm just... thank you so much??? ⁽(◍˃̵͈̑ᴗ˂̵͈̑) I wanted to add more to this chapter but then it's been just been so long since I last updated so I just thought that I should post this anyway just to thank you guys for the support so far sob (୨୧ ❛ᴗ❛)✧ 

As always, thank you for your kind words! Please continue to leave me comments and upvote if you liked this chapter (•‾̑⌣‾̑•) Things are gonna get a lot less hectic soon and that means I'll be able to update sooner! Can't wait to have more time to write again~ ヾ(*⌒ヮ⌒*)ゞ

 

CHAPTER ELEVEN

When Jongin awakes for the second time that Sunday afternoon, to an armful of Kyungsoo who was affectionately nuzzling against him and pressing soft kisses on his jaw, he could hardly contain himself from musing out loud — “Am I still dreaming?"

Short bursts of air tickle his skin as Kyungsoo lets out a light laugh, burrowing deeper into Jongin's warm and broad chest. "Do you dream about this a lot?"

"Not nearly as often as I would like, to be completely honest." Jongin's lips brush against Kyungsoo's temple as he smiles at the sight of Kyungsoo's hair sticking out cutely from the back. "My best nights are always the ones where I dream of you."

At this, Kyungsoo's eyelids flutter closed and Jongin takes it as an invitation to press his lips against his. He lets out a content sigh when he feels Kyungsoo's hand creep up to his nape to pull him closer, sliding his tongue into Jongin's mouth. They kiss languidly for several moments and when they finally break apart for air, Jongin delights at the pretty pink that stains Kyungsoo's cheeks.

"Could you tell me what you dream about on your best nights?" Kyungsoo whispers hotly against his mouth.

"This." Jongin squeezes him to his side and plants a kiss to his forehead. "You and me, just being together like this."

"That simple?" Kyungsoo looks surpised by Jongin's words.

"Yes." Jongin replies, bringing a hand up to cup the side of Kyungsoo's face. His thumb brushes over Kyungsoo's lips and they part under the touch. "That simple." He confirms. "Because I crave nothing but you, in the most simplest of ways."

Kyungsoo's face darkens in a telltale flush. "Am I making you blush?" Jongin asks, his tone teasing.

"When did you get so good with words?" Kyungsoo grumbles petulantly and this makes Jongin laugh.

His arms tighten around Kyungsoo while he drops a kiss to Kyungsoo's shoulder, suddenly overcome by the bliss he feels when he stares into Kyungsoo's face. For Jongin, his mind was still reeling from being able to hold Kyungsoo close enough to hear his heartbeat and to feel the warmth of his skin under his fingertips. It was surreal to him, after so long of wanting and hoping and yearning, to think that he could actually have any of this... that if he looked at Kyungsoo and felt like kissing him, he could and Kyungsoo would actually kiss him back. Jongin had already one too many bruises onto Kyungsoo's collarbones whenever he needed to convince himself that any of this was actually happening, but even then, it still seemed too good to be true. The past 24 hours still feels like a dream, but waking up next to Kyungsoo like this, with the gentle touch of his lips on his skin, Jongin knows for sure that he's awake and that reality makes him feel deliciously tingly.

Jongin sleeps over that night. It seemed like the most natural thing to do, really, considering that neither of them had been inclined to leaving the bed that Sunday unless it was absolutely necessary... and also because Kyungsoo had been most reluctant to relinquish physical contact with Jongin, latching himself onto him for the most part of the day as far as he could (not that Jongin had anything to complain about, to be honest).

Likewise, he had only grudgingly extricated himself from Kyungsoo's side to quickly wash up —-solely because Kyungsoo had insisted that he wouldn't kiss him unless he brushed his teeth (jokingly, of course, because Kyungsoo wouldn't have been able to resist kissing Jongin either way; not that he would ever care to admit that) — and whenever meal times rolled around (also, because there was no way Jongin was going to let the love of his life was go hungry under his watch). However, for the most part, both Kyungsoo and Jongin had fallen back into bed (and into each other) without need for much coaxing. They had made love again (and again), but otherwise, Jongin was really happy to just be able to lie with Kyungsoo like this.

Unfortunately, Monday morning comes too soon.

At the crack of dawn, Jongin's eyes open to find Kyungsoo's palm on his cheek and there is a shy smile on his face when he leans down to kiss him good morning.

"I have to get ready for work, but you can sleep some more if you like." Kyungsoo tells him softly, his voice sounding huskier than usual from having woken up not long ago.

Jongin's eyes dart to the window. "It's still dark outside," he murmurs, burrowing into Kyungsoo's neck while his leg drapes possessively over Kyungsoo's thighs to keep him in place. "Go back to sleep hyung, you need your rest."

Kyungsoo's chest rumbles as he chuckles and Jongin delights in the warm sensation that spreads in his belly at the sound of Kyungsoo's laughter. "Jongin-ah, you know I can't do that." To his delight, Kyungsoo begins carding his fingers through Jongin's hair, and it's some kind of embarrassing but he practically purrs in content.

"Won't you stay in bed and cuddle with me?" Jongin tilts his head up, looking at Kyungsoo with imploring eyes, trying to put on his best puppy impersonation in hopes of swaying Kyungsoo (though he knew full well that he was being childish). "Don't you like me anymore?" He asks with a pout.

Kyungsoo cradles Jongin's face with both his hands as he leans down to rub his nose against Jongin's. "I adore you." He says simply, but it's enough to make Jongin's stomach churn with want. Kyungsoo is smiling down at him when his gaze meets his, and Jongin can't help but stare because he sees only honesty and affection and... love, and he feels so incredibly happy and so calm and so completely at home that he doesn't think that he can put it into words — he's waited too long for this.

"Don't worry about me." Kyungsoo leans forward to tenderly brush his lips against Jongin's forehead. "I'll just get ready for work and you can continue sleeping as long as you like, alright?"

"Without you?" Jongin lets out a scoff, pretending to be affronted. "How could you suggest something so ludicrous. If you need to get ready for work then..." his hand slips down to grab at Kyungsoo's and he grins at the surprised yelp that Kyungsoo emits. "...I'll get ready with you."

Before preparing a simple breakfast of toast and coffee (hot chocolate for Jongin, because he didn't like the taste), they had showered together, kissing in the cool spray as they soaped each other's bodies. They had jerked each other off in between taking turns to massage shampoo into each other's hair and by the time they had stepped out of the bathroom, Jongin was wide-awake and blissed out of his mind. When he wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo's waist from behind in his kitchen to press kisses into shower-warm skin, Jongin concludes that even though he had never been a morning person, he could become one if it meant that he would always get to wake up to Kyungsoo like this.

He drives Kyungsoo to work after they've eaten and Jongin feels silly at how reluctant he is to let Kyungsoo step out of his car because he misses him already. But with promises that Kyungsoo will text him throughout the day and see him again soon, he wishes Kyungsoo a good day at work with a bright smile and drives off, feeling more content than he has ever felt in a long time.

* * *

Kyungsoo isn’t surprised when he opens his door and is greeted by the mouth-watering aroma of meat grilling on a hot skillet after a long day of work. 

After arranging his shoes neatly by the door and placing his bag by the coffee table, he makes his way to the kitchen and is greeted by a mop of black hair and impossibly broad shoulders, belonging to a very long legged intruder who was currently hunched over the stove stirring a pot of stew. 

“It’s you again, Houdini.” Kyungsoo says with a smile, leaning against the doorframe.

Chanyeol turns around and greets him with a smile of his own. “You’re home early.” 

“Yeah, managed to finish earlier than expe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter