The Dip

Crazy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

"Eunjung?"

 

She turned to her left to see her trusty companion, tugging on to her arm

Something about the other's twinkling eyes made her stop and stare, while those lips curved slightly forming a smirk that made the wheels in her head spin on auto pilot leaving her in a state of trance. She barely even notice the white pillow-like candy at the end of the stick catch fire until her companion shrieked in alarm, taking the stick away from her, flinging the small inferno flying across the woods.

 

"Hey! What's wrong with you? Do you not know how to roast marshmallows too?" The other girl scoffed, rolling her eyes that made Eunjung think they'd fall off if she'll always do that; which happened to be on a regular basis ever since the younger girl forced a friendship on her.

 

Eunjung frowns at the question, indignant. "I know how. I was just distracted." 

 

It wasn't a lie. She was obviously distracted by the beauty beside her.

 

"Yeah, yeah." There she went again, rolling her eyes. 

 

"Why'd you call me?"

 

"Do I need to have a reason to talk to you? You are the only one I'm with on this camping trip. You don't expect me to not talk, right?" She rolled her eyes again and this time, it made Eunjung think it was really a habit. Of course, she didn't even miss the sarcasm. 

 

"I guess not."

 

Then it was silent once again as Eunjung picks up another marshmallow from the bag to attach it on to her stick. Her arm stretches forward and exposed the said sweet to open fire as it cackled and smoked its new victim. She does this with such finesse, sitting down in a pose; back straight, legs closed, arms stretched straight, chin up and with a complete poker face.

 

"Eunjung! You're like a robot! Stop that!" 

 

But she didn't understand what the other was trying to imply. Instead, she withdrew the melting marshmallow from the heat, her head turning to her companion in a slow pace and an eyebrow quirked.

 

"It's not burnt this time, Jiyeon." Her remark was innocent, almost passive. But to her only friend, it seemed as if she was talking in a monotone and uninterested.

 

"I'm not talking about the freaking marshmallow."

 

"Then, what is it exactly you're talking about?"

 

"You need to loosen up! Do you not know how to act around a camping trip?"

 

Eunjung was taken aback again. What was so wrong with the way she acted?

 

"I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you're trying to imply."

 

Still trying to figure it out, Eunjung places a marshmallow between two crackers coated with chocolate in a very lady like manner; with her pinkies up, her pose still the same on the log they sat on.

 

Jiyeon groans, violently placing her stick down to look at her lady-like companion. "That," Jiyeon gestured at the pinkies and the pose. "That is what I'm talking about!"

 

"You mean the way I sit?"

 

"Yes!"

 

"Is there anything wrong with the way I sit?" Eunjung asks, fixing her position, her back straighter like a plank of wood now.

 

"Loosen up, will you?" Jiyeon groans again.

 

"Oh, I'm already relaxed," Eunjung disagrees innocently.

 

Once again, Jiyeon rolls her eyes. "Oh my gosh! I never realized how uptight you truly are. And I thought people were wrong when they said things about you."

 

Eunjung didn't care most of the time. But that coming from the only person who seemed willing to be her friend, somehow the words managed to tug on her heart. She even thought it wasn't the fire's cackling sound anymore but maybe it was her heart breaking. 

 

The other girl must have sensed it because Jiyeon immediately jumped and grabbed her arm as Eunjung nods and stands to walk to their tent and read a book instead of trying to roast a marshmallow for her friend.

 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it that way. It's just that...I'm trying really hard...and—"

 

"If you wanted to be my friend to change the way I carry myself then I'm sorry. Let's not be frie—"

 

"Don't even say that..."

 

Eunjung didn't want any of it. "If you'll excuse me, I'd like to take a rest..." 

 

"I said I'm sorry, okay? I just didn't like hearing them talk bad about you anymore. I always wanted to be your friend, and I believe I am your fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter