The Plunge

Crazy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Eunjung watched as the cars drove by, to how the traffic enforcer wrote a ticket for a driver on road rage, to how a pregnant woman drags her crying toddler away from the ice cream shop, to how a man says goodbye to a woman who left in a cab before turning to see another woman walking toward him and giving him a sloppy kiss. Human beings were simply very interesting in her opinion.

 

How they interact, how they deal with emotions and how they act in everyday life was simply very amusing and sometimes disturbing. Human beings were beautiful and sometimes evil creatures. And all these entertained her. It was like watching a real life drama series her mother always watches, but more realistic. 

 

She is indeed amused but somehow she sometimes forgets she had a companion next to her, telling her the latest and hottest gossip.

 

"...I mean she's so popular and all but it was surprising how she came out of the closet. It's also surprising how the school's cutest athlete, Sunny, is chasing after her and also the famous expressionless model Qri likes her too. Both coming out too and really trying to win her over. Now everyone in school wants to be Hyomin and have started dating other girls too. She's made our school the most homoual school in the country and I heard..." Jiyeon drifted off, her sentence fading away as she eyed her friend.

 

"Are you even listening to me?!"

 

Eunjung jumped in fright, turning to see a fuming Jiyeon. "I'm sorry. What?"

 

"Can you at least pretend that you're listening? Here I am, telling you about how Park Hyomin, Lee Sunny and Lee Qri got suspended and banned to prom for being gay and turning the whole school gay. This is serious and you didn't even listen or care about what I said! I mean her parents, who are powerful enough to shut the school down, are suing them along with Lee Sunny's parents and Lee Qri's. The school's becoming gay that my parents want me to transfer even if the year's ending. And the school's going to court! It's going to be bloodshed and the school will obviously lose."

 

"What?"

 

"Seriously Eunjung!"

 

"Well it just doesn't concern me."

 

"It does! It should!" Jiyeon exclaims in frustration. "It's all over the news; your parents might have already seen it." 

 

Eunjung still didn't get the point. "And...It concerns me, how?"

 

"You might get transferred and I might get transferred and we'll be separated!"

 

And then it dawned on her how truly serious the situation was. Jiyeon has become attached to her ever since the skinny dipping incident, while she too slowly grown accustomed to her constant presence that it felt wrong not having her around. That was indeed a scary possibility. Not only has she grew accustomed, she realized how much she's depended on Jiyeon for almost a year, to fight bullies for her, to share and finish her lunch for her, to simply have someone talk to her through lonely days or nights as Jiyeon labels it. If it happened, it'd feel like she's lost a limb.

 

"I don't like for that to happen." She voices out her opinion confidently.

 

"Yes, that's right. You don't want that to happen and I don't want that to happen. So you have to convince your mom, since your dad will give you anything you want, not to transfer you."

 

"Okay." Eunjung nods, her expression serious. 

 

And to her surprise, Jiyeon smirked. It was the kind of smirk she got to know very well especially when Jiyeon had something up her sleeves. Something she wouldn't like.

 

"Do you know what good this whole fiasco brings?"

 

"What?" Eunjung tilts her head in confusion, eagerly waiting for Jiyeon's plan and dreading it at the same time.

 

"There's no school next week."

 

"That's good because...?" Of course, trust Eunjung not to get it.

 

"No school! We can hang out all week!"

 

Eunjung shifted in her seat, taking the drink on the table as she avoided Jiyeon's determined eyes. She looked towards the counter of the small cafe they always hung out at, eyeing desserts and ignoring Jiyeon again.

 

Jiyeon smiles, an idea coming up for the whole week of no school. She tugs on Eunjung's arm and made her look at her.

 

"Tell me a crazy thing you wouldn't do your whole life."

 

Eunjung stared at the other girl, puzzled and unaware. "Uhh, jumping off a cliff?"

 

She just answered it without thinking, actually. Simply blurting it out like that. It reminded her of a movie her mother watched when she thought her daughter was already asleep. Sometimes her mother watches the craziest movies and so she witnesses the craziest things people make up for entertainment. She could only wonder if it was true.

 

But for Jiyeon, it was ridiculous in a way she wanted to do it. Never had she forgotten about her quest to make Eunjung do crazy things. They've done two and it was the perfect time to do another one. Oh how she itched to do it. So the moment they separated from the cafe, Jiyeon went home with a bounce in her step that made Eunjung wonder what had gotten into her.

 

She never saw it coming but the next week, she found herself on a cliff that plunged down to deep waters with Jiyeon excitedly telling her things about the place. Apparently her friend studied and researched, and had made sure of their safety by making her admirer from the other school, an avid extreme sports fan, Lee Joon and his friends wait for them down below with their jet skis and safety gears. Jiyeon sure knew how to use her admirers at times like this.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter