The Megaphone

Crazy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

THERE WON'T BE FLUFF IN THIS CHAPTER! I MEAN IT! Because we cannot have a lot of fluff! It is not healthy for an Eunyeon fan to have too much. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ding Dong!

 

Jiyeon grins as she heard the bell ringing to the Ham's residence, smiling to the camera as she waited for the footsteps to come closer and closer to the door. She tightly gripped on the box in her hands, too ecstatic to be out again, patiently waiting. Her smile didn't even leave as she excitedly pounced on Mrs. Ham's surprised figure, welcoming herself into their home.

 

"What brings you here...oh that's not a good question, I know why you're here," Mrs. Ham grins back at her, watching how Jiyeon excitedly takes off her shoes. "The best question to ask is; do your parents know you've sneaked out of your home again?"

 

"They're barely even home all the time, umma! How would they know?" Jiyeon laughs wickedly, handing Mrs. Ham the big box of apples she was carrying as a gift.

 

"You naughty girl, your parents are going to be mad again. You're not supposed to be seeing Eunjung," Mrs. Ham reminded.

 

Jiyeon laughs again, completely dismissing the situation they were in. "Well I can't stay at home during weekends without Eunjung..."

 

"But you see each other in school. I don't want your parents to get angry with me too you know. They might think I'm being too supportive about this whole fiasco you two gave us."

 

"We barely see each other because we have conflicting schedules this semester. We try to catch up during lunch but it's not the same, umma! You've got to let me see her on weekends! I can't take it anymore!" Jiyeon pleaded Mrs. Ham with her puppy eyes, knowing full well how easily Mrs. Ham gets swayed by it. 

 

"Please umma. Don't tell me you really side with my parents being against us?" Jiyeon adds with a pout.

 

Mrs. Ham could only sigh in defeat. "How can I be against you two if you can make her so happy? I've never really seen her smile as much as compared to when she's with you."

 

"See! Eunjung needs me too!" Jiyeon ever so humbly agrees.

 

"How is she in school? Is she making friends?" Mrs. Ham asks in concern.

 

"No...As much as I want her to, she's just not comfortable with people. You know she never really talks to anyone but me," Jiyeon grins again before her expressions turns sour. "But this Lee Qri who has four classes with her keeps trying to make conversations. I mean, its fine, but Qri's a lesbian umma!"

 

"Silly child, don't get too jealous. The last time you were jealous, you drowned," Mrs. Ham scolds her. "But seriously speaking, Jiyeon, she barely comes out of her room again. She got a box of books delivered and she barely eats. I'm getting worried."

 

"She just misses me."

 

"I figured that too," Mrs. Ham sighs. "Now go and surprise your girlfriend. She'll be so happy to see you she might want to consider getting some sunlight."

 

"Umma! Sshh! Don't call her my girlfriend. She might hear you..."

 

"What's wrong calling her your girlfriend? Isn't she? You're in a relationship."

 

"Well...She is. She just really loves to pretend we're still friends. I don't want her to think that I found out."

 

Mrs. Ham sighs again. "Kids these days. Every generation keeps getting crazier and crazier. I swear they'd marry their pets next."

 

Jiyeon laughs at Mrs. Ham's plight. "Don't worry, umma. Our generation still wants to marry human beings."

 

"Just don't surprise me with a shotgun marriage, and then I'll be fine!"

 

"We'd let you know! I'll just have to make sure Eunjung marries me! We'll be graduating in the near future and then we'll be working and then we'll get married and then..."

 

"Don't get too far ahead now dear. You still have a lot of convincing to do with Eunjung," Mrs. Ham pats her affectionately with a laugh, disappearing into the kitchen and leaving her by the door. Jiyeon shrugs, skipping towards the other bedroom in the unit.

 

 

Eunjung sighed for the fifteenth time that day. She had finished all she needed to submit next week, even studied in advance...and by advance, that meant she already read the thick books she needed to read for the whole semester. She even reread them twice. The box of books that came earlier was left unread though, much to her surprise. It was supposed to be just an ordinary day; she could have enjoyed the peacefulness of her bedroom reading all the new books she ordered to add to the endless wall of books in her bedroom. Yes, that meant her bedroom walls had shelves from top to bottom and had already been full, except for the only place where her desk was situated. There was an extra room though, for which her father had already installed shelves on the walls, and it was almost full. She made her father order two book shelves she can place in the middle of the room too, making the room look like a library. Not to mention her bedroom does look like a library. 

 

That was how much she loved books.

 

But why was it, for the first time in her life, she just felt like burying herself in her blanket to ignore the box of books?

 

What made her more baffled was the fact that she cleared her bedside table of books and replaced it with a picture of a certain friend whom she just can't seem to stop thinking about.

 

Eunjung buried herself deeper in her blanket, ignoring Jiyeon's smiling picture. She just didn't want to see it for a second...she was too afraid if she stared at it longer, the picture would fade. She obviously knew that wasn't possible but she just felt like being ridiculous in her thoughts for once. But heck, even if the picture did fade from her staring, she had another picture of Jiyeon in a space between the books on the shelf facing her bed. And if that picture fades too, then she'll look at her phone that had nothing but pictures of Jiyeon or the two of them.

 

She twisted and turned in her blankets, agitated. Why couldn't she really stop thinking about Jiyeon? It had been months since the start of Jiyeon's parents’ mission to separate them; weeks since they last embraced and kissed; days since they last had a proper conversation; hours since the last email (since Jiyeon's phone was constantly monitored).

 

It really was true that she couldn't live without the other, but she never realized how much of a torture it would be to actually be separated from her. And slowly it was draining the life out of her. She just wanted to have Jiyeon there, if only she could...If only she knew better... If only she stopped herself from kissing her so openly like that.

 

Was it too wrong to kiss another girl? 

 

Her parents didn't seem to mind. She figured Jiyeon was right about her parents being adventurous and open to anything.

 

But really, what was the big deal?

 

They were friends who kissed...constantly...on a regular basis...too much sometimes. 

 

But then again, she wondered, why she never wanted to kiss anyone else; much less talk to anyone else.

 

Maybe she just missed Jiyeon.

 

Right. 

 

She missed her friend, that's all.

 

She just missed her.

 

Eunjung couldn't help as she sighed for the sixteenth time. 

 

Everything was just too complicated.

 

"Why do you keep sighing baby?" 

 

Eunjung shot up in fright at the voice she longed to hear, so close to her all of a sudden. She gaped at the sight of Jiyeon smiling down on her, tugging on her blanket before clumsily joining into the bed with her.

 

"Jiyeon..."

 

"Yeah, I'm here now babe. You must have missed me!" Jiyeon grins playfully as she snuggled against Eunjung's surprised figure.

 

Eunjung couldn't believe it of course! She had been too caught up thinking about her but the moment she appeared, she just froze. What just happened?

 

"W-w-what are you doing here?"

 

"Duh! I came to see you! I missed you," Jiyeon pouted as she maneuvered under the blanket to lie on top of Eunjung. "Did you miss me?" 

 

Still star-struck by Jiyeon's pout and puppy eyes, Eunjung could only nod like an idiot. It was too much to express, she would have wanted to cry if she even began telling her just exactly how much she missed her.

 

"Aren't you going to tell me how much you missed me?"  Jiyeon smirked.

 

"A lot..." Oh maybe even more, but still, Eunjung just couldn't say it.

 

"Good." And before she could even process what was happening, Jiyeon had managed to capture her lips in hers with so much longing and care she was afraid for it to end. Eunjung automatically wrapped her arms around the most precious person in her life.

 

Jiyeon took a large amount of breath as she pulled away. "I knew it wasn't just a lot. You missed me desperately," Jiyeon teased, rubbing her nose playfully against Eunjung's.

 

"Your parents are going to be mad at me again when they know you're here," Eunjung says with much worry. She didn't need any more separation. She wouldn't be able to take it.

 

"They don't know. So it's okay. I won't be caught. I just needed to see you..."

 

"I'm glad you came," Eunjung smiles. "But I'd rather you not to get in trouble."

 

"Don't worry. They went out somewhere for a meeting or something."

 

"But..."

 

Jiyeon groaned in annoyance, pulling herself away from Eunjung and got off the bed. "Fine! I'll leave then."

 

"No! Ji! I didn't mean it that way! Stay!" Eunjung pleaded; pulling on Jiyeon's hand and made sure she gripped it tight.

 

Jiyeon smiled in victory, hopping back to the bed with a giggle as Eunjung secures her back into her arms. "I knew it. Now, baby, call me 'baby' too. Please."

 

"Why?"

 

"I've been calling you 'baby' for months and you haven't!"

 

"Why?"

 

"It's our pet name!"

 

"Huh?" Eunjung murmured, perplexed.

 

"It’s our term of endearment! I call you 'baby', and you call me too."

 

"Why?"

 

"Eunjung! You just need to!"

 

"But you just called me by my name seconds ago...so...why?"

 

"Because I'm your girlfriend!"

 

"What? You are? Since when?" Eunjung froze in shock as she tightened her arms around Jiyeon's tensing figure. She could feel the burning feeling through her skull as the supposed girlfriend glared at her.

 

"Oh my God! All this time you truly didn't know what we are?!"

 

Eunjung gulped. "Uhmmm...no?"

 

"What?!"

 

"How was I supposed to know?! You never told me. And I never even accepted any proposal nor have I ever asked you..."

 

"It didn't need to be told!"

 

"I'm so confused..." Eunjung scratched her head as Jiyeon shoves her by the shoulder while getting up from the bed again. 

 

Eunjung ignored the violence; she would take the blows and the screams but she feared Jiyeon would run away in anger again so she desperately took her in her embrace hoping to be shed some light on their current status.

 

She was completely and utterly unaware that Jiyeon already promoted her from the best friend to the lover. And she was quite aware of how love stories go, after reading about them only a couple of times in her life (given she read Shakespeare) and also thankfully because of Jiyeon's movie nights for which have decreased (almost down to no movie nights at all) after their hospital kiss. But really, she never pictured herself being in love... Surely, what she felt for Jiyeon was merely platonic kind of love, right?

 

Right?

 

Perplexed, Eunjung tightened her arms around the struggling and nagging girl in her arms trying to think even as Jiyeon tried to wiggle away from her. 

 

Really, why in the world did Jiyeon think they were lovers? Yes, they shared a lot of hugs, Jiyeon saw her (skinny dipping, mind you), and shared kisses...a lot of kisses. But they were all for their friendship, right? 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter