The Storm

Crazy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 


 


Eunjung had managed to help Jiyeon get into the best university in the country with her after tutoring her nonstop for college examinations. It had be easy for her, even getting a full scholarship which made the college fund (a very hefty amount her parents had both saved up) to be deemed useless. All the work did pay off and eventually they had rented an apartment nearby, along with Jiyeon's friend Lee Jieun who also got in to the same university. The college fund was put to good use for the apartment, with her and Jieun splitting the rent and Jiyeon to be in charge of buying food (which proved to be as expensive as the rent, sometimes even more) since she was the biggest eater and practically ate more than half of their stock each month.

 

 

It was already break for winter and none of them except for Jieun had plans on going home to their parents who had coincidently taken a cruise and a trip to a tropical island respectively. 

 

"They're shameless! How can they not bring me along?!"

 

"Do they always forget they have a daughter for them to go on endless honeymoons?!"

 

"How many times do they have to travel around without me to get the fact straight that they can't have another child?!"

 

"They can barely even raise me!"

 

"You know what's crazy? My mother posted their pictures on her social media account!"

 

"And I wouldn't have known my mother is interested in social media if I didn't accidentally stumble upon it!"

 

"And she posted a picture of them kissing!"

 

"They're both overly hardworking people who don't even have time for me but still have time to have a kissing selca?!"

 

"JIEUN LAUGHED SO HARD SHE FELL OFF THE CHAIR, LITERALLY! SHE WAS THE FIRST ONE WHO SAW IT!"

 

"I am so embarrassed!"

 

"How can they do this to meeeeeeee?" 

 

Eunjung counted the complaints coming out of Jiyeon's mouth as they huddled together on the couch of their apartment, sipping tea and keeping warm. She stayed as silent as she possibly could and let Jiyeon vent. It was the nth time in five hours Eunjung heard Jiyeon nag and whine at the thought of her parents enjoying their vacation.

 

"At least we have each other. Imagine if my parents took me with them," Eunjung tries to cheer her up again.

 

"You're here because I told your parents I'd be alone for winter break. That's why they cancelled your ticket," Jiyeon grumbles again.

 

Eunjung could only gape in surprise. "What?"

 

"Tsk. Just think about it. Would you feel better knowing I'd be all alone?"

 

Eunjung really thought about it for a second. She didn't like spending her time on the beach again, it scared her. And Jiyeon would be lonely.

 

"No..."

 

"Then that's it. You would have cancelled it anyway to stay with me," Jiyeon says ever so confidently.

 

Eunjung simply kept quiet, knowing she was right anyway. There was no point in trying to have a debate with Park Jiyeon. 

 

"What are we supposed to do now? We can't just be here all the time. Maybe we should go to a tropical country too," Jiyeon suggested eagerly.

 

But Eunjung had her fill of tropical paradise.

 

"No. No! I am not going to a country with coconuts or bananas! The last time you brought us on a trip, you almost got us killed."

 

"I didn't. I just didn't expect our food and water to run short," Jiyeon smiles sheepishly.

 

"It's because you ate too much and explored too much that you always got too hungry and thirsty."

 

There was an awkward silence in the apartment for a while as Eunjung threw her friend an accusing stare.

 

"Anyway! We should just go skiing or something," Jiyeon changes the topic immediately.

 

"Do you even know how to ski?"

 

"No but it's a good time to learn." Jiyeon grins.

 

"No."

 

"Why not?!"

 

"That might lead us to getting into a serious accident this time."

 

"No, we won't. What in the world makes you think that?" Jiyeon protests vehemently. 

 

"Even if you say we're going to do something, there's always a twist to it. It either involves or, simply put, something crazy."

 

"So? Why are you even complaining now? You haven't complained before."

 

"I was, I kept on complaining when we got to it."

 

"But still, you did everything anyway. What's so wrong about going skiing now?"

 

"It's because with you, nothing is impossible."

 

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean?" Jiyeon asks, offended.

 

"Let's admit it, you have given me a lot of trouble over the past few years of our friendship."

 

"Are you saying I'm nothing but trouble to you?" 

 

The tone in Jiyeon's voice made Eunjung panic. She could feel the hurt in it that it immediately made her feel so guilty. She had never really hurt Jiyeon's feelings before and she didn't really know how to go about it.

 

"No! No! That's not what I meant!"

 

"So that's how it is huh?"

 

"No, Jiyeon, I swear...you're not trouble at all! It's just that—"

 

"Just, what? I'm not a good friend to you? After all we've been through? I let you embrace me when we were in cold water, you made me jump off the cliff, and even get stranded on an island and almost died with you...and this is all you think of me?"

 

"What?! No! I mean..." Eunjung pauses in thought as Jiyeon's eyes started tearing. "First, I wasn't the one embracing you , you were. Second, you forced me to jump off the cliff and not the other way around. Third, it was your fault we almost died..."

 

"So you really think I'm just trouble." Jiyeon sighed as a tear dropped from her eyes.

 

Eunjung's panic turned a whole new level. "No! I didn't mean it that way! I swear! I'm so sorry! Please don't cry!"

 

"You won't eve ski with me..." Jiyeon sobbed.

 

"After all that you made me do you know I'll go skiing with you or even get stuck in a snow storm for all I care, even if that would be one of the craziest things that'll happen to me. You're important to me! I trust you w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter