The Book

Crazy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

So this update, well, let's just say it's a bit calmer than the other chapters. So this shall be the calm before the...LOL! Yeah, just fill in on the blanks if you could guess what happens in the next chapter. We're getting closer to the end people and closer to my impending disappearance *to lurk in a faraway land called TD*. Just see how slow love can be realized sometimes. It's crazy! It'll be crazier if it won't be realized at all ;D  Just sayin'.

 

 

 

 


"We wouldn't be doing this if you didn't do that to her," Eunjung hissed as she stared at the tall fence before her.

 

"So it's my fault I saved you?" Jiyeon sarcastically remarked. She was piling up the garbage bins at the corner of the street against the larger ones used by the university, trying as hard as it to create a makeshift staircase.

 

"You kissed me. How is that saving?"

 

"What? You wanted Hyomin to be your first kiss instead?"

 

"No."

 

"Then that's your answer! You better be grateful I gave you mine too!" Jiyeon haughtily replies as she turns away from Eunjung. 

 

"But--okay, I guess its fine...since you're my best friend."

 

"Yeah, best friends..." Jiyeon's tone caught Eunjung's attention. 

 

Why did it sound like she was hurt again? Did she do something wrong? Would Jiyeon get mad at her again? She couldn't help but wonder if she had upset her. Somehow, she panicked inside trying to think of whatever she could have done. But before she could ask, Jiyeon was back to telling her what to do.

 

"Help me out here so we could get the stupid book I need," Jiyeon orders, snapping her out of her thoughts.

 

 Eunjung had to scrunch her nose every now and then as Jiyeon continues to drag another bin closer to her. "Couldn't you wait until early morning?"

 

"No! The paper's due the morning! Ugh! I can't believe I didn't even know about it until an hour ago. Hyomin didn't tell me nor speak to me! I only missed a class last week and this is all the work I have to put up!"

 

"Who said you could skip a class to eat street food in the other side of the city?" Eunjung remarked with a sigh, tugging on the hood of her jacket hoping it'll cover as much of her face.

 

"Psh! It was THAT good, okay?! And this is Hyomin's fault. She intentionally told me until it was too late! Like really, who calls in the middle of the night to say, 'I forgot to tell you, we have a paper to submit tomorrow morning at seven sharp?'" Jiyeon grunts as she successfully dragged the smallest bin. “I called Suzy to borrow her book but she can't lend it to me and she even told me that Hyomin said she'll tell me about it. I swear she wants me to fail!"

 

"You should have just let her kiss me. Hyomin's not someone you should come up against. Thank God she didn't sue you for the bruise on her arm when you pushed her and didn't do anything drastic. And it's a good thing she even bothered to tell you about the paper."

 

"I was drunk, how the hell am I supposed to control my strength?" Jiyeon points out, irritated. "And you really wanted Hyomin's kiss? Go ahead! Let her kiss you!"

 

"I would've let her if I knew she'd give you all this trouble. I just don't want to see you suffering. You don't deserve this," Eunjung softly stated, looking down to her newly washed shoes with much interest that she failed to realize how Jiyeon stopped dragging a bin to stare at her lovingly. It would have been a gaze that said a thousand words of a single meaning. And it took only a second for her to miss it as she looked up to see Jiyeon looking away.

 

"Sometimes I wonder what I really am for you," Jiyeon whispered and it was too unfortunate for Eunjung not to hear.

 

"What?"

 

"I said, I don't mind. I know deep down that you deeply care for your first kiss; you'd want it to be with someone special. Any girl would. You might be like a boring, walking-dictionary but you're still a girl. At least you got it from someone who has been with you for years," Jiyeon shrugs before pulling the last bin carefully to its place.

 

"But you are someone special."

 

Jiyeon stops on her tracks to turn to Eunjung with a large grin in her face. "Really?"

 

"Yes, really," Eunjung nods, blankly staring at the joyful girl before her. 

 

That kind of stare would have made anyone question the sincerity behind those words but for Jiyeon, that gaze showed the utmost truth she wanted to hear. Knowing Eunjung, she knew deep down, despite the lack of facial expression, she meant it. Though, she wanted to dig deeper.

 

"What kind of 'special'? Special as in, because-I'm-your-friend or special in a way you just can't live without me?"

 

Eunjung paused in thought; she immediately looked like a statue. Jiyeon held her breath as she gripped on her jacket, anxious for the answer.

 

"I..."

 

"You...?"

 

"I think I just can't live without you anymore." Eunjung hurriedly spoke, turning away and hopping onto the bin with such stealth, Jiyeon thought she might have been a ninja. The moment she turned, Eunjung was already at the highest bin, standing there contemplating on how she could cross over the wall. Jiyeon grinned, and it was the widest and brightest grin she ever showed that even the stars couldn't match the twinkle in her eyes as she hopped onto the bins to face the girl who obviously just couldn't look at her anymore for some reason.

 

Eunjung still stood frozen on the bin, her heart beat like a drum she could hear it. It was unusual, how the words easily escaped her and how she even said it when she thought the right answer could have been the first one, special-as-in-you're-my-friend but what left was the other one. She had no clue. Now she was more confused, even more so than the fact she didn't know how to climb a wall.

 

"Hehehe, really? That's good then, I feel the same way," Jiyeon giggles like a middle school girl being noticed by her crush, nudging her friend's frozen figure beside her before propping up the wall with her arms, jumping up and disappearing to the other side, failing to notice the blush creeping up Eunjung's face.

 

Eunjung questions herself, wondering why she was even feeling flustered in the first place, before following Jiyeon's actions. She jumped over the wall with a frown, her heart fluttering at the sight of Jiyeon cheekily smiling. "I still think this is a bad idea."

 

"It's fun! Besides, this is the first time we've ever sneaked into campus grounds during midnight!"

 

"How are we supposed to get out?" Eunjung gestures towards the fence, seeing there were no garbage bins to climb onto.

 

Jiyeon mutters a curse under her breath, glaring at the wall as if it had become her number 1 enemy. "Damn wall!"

 

"So how are we supposed to get out again...now that we're finally inside?" Eunjung questions out in frustration at their idiocy.

 

"We'll just have to find a way out!" Jiyeon suddenly shrugs with a grin, making Eunjung groan.

 

"This wasn't well thought of."

 

"I'm aware of that...but isn't this fun?!" Jiyeon exclaims in excitement.

 

"You do know the consequences of such actions, right?"

 

"Yes," Jiyeon replies with a giggle.

 

"We'll get caught!"

 

"So?"

 

"We'll be suspended!"

 

"Too late. We're already here. Now, let's head to my locker and get the stupid book! I can't wait to see if the urban legends are true."

 

"Which one? I heard a lot," Eunjung sighs, still thinking about her fate and resigning to it once again.

 

"The one people keep saying that there's a ghost along the halls during midnight!"

 

"Aren't you scared?" Eunjung whispered as they walked towards the main building as silently as they possibly could.

 

Jiyeon slows down a bit, her thoughts slowly drifting. She suddenly looked around to notice how dark it really was; only posts lit up the path they should avoid if they didn't want to get caught. The shadows they were hiding, slash, walking in made her shiver until she grabbed hold onto Eunjung's arms tightly. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter