Dara

On My Way To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Dara~~When memories creep up on you

***************************************************

 

 

 

Yeoseo Island is located in the south-western tip of South Korea and it would take around 5 hours of driving to get there. Actually, that is only from Seoul to the port. After that, we’ll have to take more than an hour’s ride with a ferry to get to the remote island which is home to just around 100 residents.

 

 

Choi Seunghyun, being the divo that he is, refused to ride with the rest of the magazine staff and makeup artists. He wanted to use his luxury van. Did I mention that he can’t drive? No, I’m serious. How can a 25 year old not know how to drive in this age, right? That means he needs to be driven there and hell no will I be the one driving.

 

 

Especially since we just had an argument. I was merely trying to get an idea about what he likes, food he’s allergic to if any, favorite colors, etc but he refused to answer any of my questions. He said I was stupid not to ask all these from his manager before he went on honeymoon. Well, I could have if only I made my mind up earlier into agreeing with YG. When I realized I had no way to get out of this predicament, it was too late. Choi’s manager has already flown out of the country.

 

 

With no choice left, I took over and prepared what I can. So now, after meeting with the magazine stylists and agreeing on all the clothes and concept, I went straight to YG although I didn’t want to set foot there again so soon. But we were set to leave tomorrow so I had no choice.

 

 

I should have followed my intuition of not going there. If only YG picked up his phone. I ran into the last person I wanted to see. Or at least one of the two I never want to see again.

 

 

My feet were rooted on the spot and I felt breathe caught up in my throat.

 

 

The witch was clad in all black. 

 

 

We both stopped in our tracks seeing that we’ll be passing each other in the hallway. She recovered first and when she took a step forward, I did too.

 

 

I walked straight, not even bothering to greet the stylist and makeup artist trailing after her. 

 

 

She, too, walked as if I wasn’t there.

 

 

I began to shake in anger and pain. I didn’t think that seeing her would affect me this much.

 

 

When I reached YG’s office, I demanded he accept my resignation, my original purpose forgotten. Seeing me visibly upset, he asked me what’s wrong. I told him. 

 

 

We made a compromise. If after 6 months, I still want to resign, he’ll let me go. Until then, I’ll work with Choi Seunghyun. He even assigned one of the manager interns, Jjangme as my assistant.

 

 

With my muddled head, I belatedly realized when I got back in my car that I agreed to be TOP’s manager for six freaking months. Note to self, never agree to any deal with YG ever again.

 

 

 

 

*******************************************

 

 

 

 

The day to depart for the photo shoot came. Jjangme drove, TOP slept the whole way and I kept on replaying the whole scene with CL yesterday with different scenarios in my mind. 

 

 

I wished I was clever enough to say the words that I really wanted to say. I also imagined slapping both of her cheeks before she could react and pull out all her hair. We could also have talked in a civilized manner inside a café but I quickly erased that thought because there’s no chance I’d be that calm and collected. At least not right now.

 

 

How many stages are there in moving on? I think I’m still in the anger stage. 

 

 

After the encounter with CL, I also came up with different scenarios of the eventuality of seeing Jiyong again. Being a drama addict, I came up with different scenes from my favorite shows until it became too painful and Jjangme noticed me quietly sniffling in my seat.

 

 

“Are you, okay?” he asked. 

 

 

“Y-Yeah” I sniffed. “Just something in my eyes” I reasoned. 

 

 

Jjangme may look scarily huge but really, he’s more like a teddy bear with a gentle personality. I know that he didn’t believe me but let it go and focused back on driving and let me cry silently for the next 30 minutes until we reached the port.

 

 

 

 

 

Yeoseo Island is beautiful. The houses are old and quaint with huge yards. The stone walls are higher than in Jeju because of the wind and I was told that the team has arranged four houses to be our temporary shelter for the two days of photo shoot. One was assigned to TOP and me. Jjangme will be rooming with his girlfriend from the makeup team. 

 

 

I tried to protest and exchange rooms with him but I reckon he’s also uncomfortable to be with TOP that’s why he declined. 

 

 

I was tempted to offer my room to a couple of the magazine staffs who were obviously fangirling over TOP but my role as a temporary manager won over and I could only imagine what they’d do to him if they stayed in one house.

 

 

So, we’re stuck with each other. What could go wrong within two days, right?

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter