Seunghyun

On My Way To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seunghyun~~ All Shacked Up

 

********************************************

 

 

“I’ll come pick you up in,” she looked at her wristwatch, “2 hours?”

 

I nodded. “Alright”

 

She nodded right back and gave me a little wave as she climbed back up on the driver’s seat. She rolls down the window and said, “I’m sorry about this but the landlady said that this is the only time she’s available to show me the place.”

 

“Don’t worry.” I waved away her concern. “They’ll do the interview here in YG building and just take some pictures. No big deal.”

 

 She was biting her bottom lip and was obviously distressed at leaving me on my own. One thing that I’ve realized all these days working with Park, she definitely takes her job seriously.

 

“Go on. You’ll be late.”

 

“Thanks! I’ll be back as soon as I can.” She then expertly drove away in the company van.

 

We had a very busy morning and we just came from 2 separate interviews as part of my promotion for my movie “The Commitment”. For my last interview today, Entertainment Relay wants to shoot some scenes with me inside YG building and they even got YG himself to give a short interview about me as the company’s top actor.

 

I worry about that a bit. Knowing our president, he can be a little mean and honest that he doesn’t filter what he says. I can only hope that he’s only going to say good things.

 

An hour and a half later, the interview was done and I joined the staffs of ER who are enjoying the lunch treat at the famous YG cafeteria, when I received a text message from Park. She said that she’s on her way back. 

 

It was only then that I belatedly realized that its way past lunchtime and Park hasn’t eaten yet.

 

I excused myself and dialed her number.

 

“How did it go?” I asked.

 

I heard her sigh. “It wasn’t what I was looking for. The place was too small and it’s across a busy intersection.”

 

“I see. Oh well, I’m sure you’ll find a better one.”

 

“I don’t have the time” she whined. “I’m afraid I’ll have to turn down the newlywed’s generous offer …”

 

“I thought you’re going to see another one tomorrow?”

 

“Yeah, hopefully the last one.”

 

There was a moment of silence. “Have you eaten?” I asked.

 

“Nope. I was hoping to eat there. I’ve missed ahjumma’s cooking.”

 

“Alright. Drive safely.”

 

“How was the interview?” she inquired.

 

“Good.” I answered. “Listen, concentrate on driving and call me after you’re eating okay? I’ll just hang around Tablo’s recording room. He said that he wanted to feature me on a song in their upcoming album.”

 

“Really?” Park’s voice sounded incredulous.

 

“Ya! Is that so hard to imagine? I thought you said I was a good rapper.”

 

“You are” she assured. “I just didn’t think that you would agree. I thought you said goodbye to the music industry for good.”

 

“I never said that” I countered. “But it still depends if it’s a good song … then maybe … It’s just a featuring anyway. No big deal.” I could hear the sound of horns. “Concentrate on driving. See you later.”

 

I hang up and looked for Tablo.

 

 

**********************************

 

 

I was surprised to see the people inside Tablo’s recording studio. His cute, little daughter Haru was there, the rest of Epik High and G-dragon. I greeted the hyungs first, attempted to kiss Haru but she wouldn’t let me and did a fist bump with GD.

 

“I thought you were in New York or somewhere in Europe” I said to him.

 

“Paris. Just flew in this morning and went straight here because there’s this melody in my head that I think will be perfect for an Epik High song.”

 

If there’s one thing that I’m jealous of Jiyong, it’s his ability to conjure melodies and lyrics like its not hard at all. To him, writing songs is as easy as taking a walk in the park.

 

“Is that so? I’m sure it’s going to another hit.”

 

“Thanks, man.” He clapped me lightly on the shoulder. “I heard hyung finally made you agree to feature in one of the songs.”

 

“I’m still thinking on it … I don’t want to ruin their album.”

 

“What are you saying?” Tablo rose from his chair and handed me two sheets of paper. “Those are the lyrics. I’m still finalizing the melody, though …”

 

I read through the print-out and was satisfied. “As usual, hyung. You’re a great lyricist.”

 

He waved away my compliment. “Just say you’ll do it.”

 

I rubbed the back of my nape. “I may be rusty … it’s been too long …”

 

“Nonsense …”

 

The hyungs convinced me so I said yes. I stayed and watched them while they worked and gave out different suggestions and arrangements. I realized that I missed this. The creative process in making an album is the best part. Sometimes, they would ask me what I think and gave my feedback. I smiled. Yes, I definitely missed this.

 

After a while, I heard my phone ringing. It’s Park. “Hey” I answered.

 

“I’m done eating” she answered. “Are you still with Tablo oppa?”

 

“Yes, were almost done.”

 

“Alright” she paused, “I hear a child. Is that Haru?”

 

I looked at the young girl playing around the recording room. “Yes, Haru’s here.” She stopped running around and walked right next to me when she heard me say her name. I tried to pinch her nose but she swatted my hand.

 

“Really?” Park said, sounding happy. “I’ll be right up. I haven’t seen her for the longest time.”

 

She hanged up before I could say anything more.

 

I pulled Haru to sit on my lap then I noticed Jiyong picking up his backpack and slung his jacket over his shoulder.

 

“I’m beat,” he gave a huge yawn. “I’ll come back tomorrow hyungs. I need to sleep.”

 

He waved goodbye to all of us and even managed to get a kiss from Haru and went out the door.

 

“Who’s that?” asked Haru pointing to my phone.

 

“Ah, my manager. You remember Park? Sandara unnie?”

 

Haru shakes her head.

 

“Dara’s coming?” asked Tablo.

 

I nodded.

 

“Good timing that GD’s gone home then” he stated offhandedly.

 

My eyes went wide. Why didn’t I think of that? I immediately set Haru on her feet and stood. “I’ll be right back” I said to no one in particular and hurried out of the room.

 

I dialed Park’s number and she answered on the second ring.

 

“Where are you?” I demanded.

 

“I told you” Park answered. “Are you in a hurry to see me?” she teased.

 

“Don’t come up” I said.

 

“What?”

 

“Stay in the cafeteria.”

 

“But I’m already-“ I heard some static “…elevator …” The call dropped.

 

I muffled a curse. I jogged towards the elevators but I was too late.

 

I see Jiyong standing, waiting in front of the two elevators. I was still several feet away, opposite the hallway where he is. I could only hope that they’d miss each other. But it wasn’t meant to be.

 

Within the next few seconds, I see the elevator on the right opening. Park was the only passenger.

 

I could see clearly from where I was that she was shocked to find GD standing in front of her. From what I can see, he appeared to be surprised as well. He was suddenly standing rigidly. It was a complete stand still as they stare at each other. Neither were moving or saying anything. I willed Park to move but she looked like a deer caught in the headlights.

 

I quickly pressed 3 on my speed dial. The ringtone must have jarred Park into motion because it tore her gaze from GD to the phone in her hand. GD was able to collect himself as well as he made a grab at one of the elevator doors and prevented it from closing.

 

I see Park putting the phone close to her ear and I could hear her breathing, but she stayed silent.

 

“Come quickly” I barked into the mouthpiece. She gave a little jump, glanced at the phone and took a step forward.

 

GD sidestepped to let her pass and when she was fully out of the elevator, he walked right in.

 

I could hear Park breathing hard. I see the elevator closing and for a moment, I thought she would walk back in it to join him. But she didn’t. She stayed immobile, standing, staring at the closed elevator doors.

 

“Park.” I called. “Park?”

 

“Y-yeah?” her voice coming out shaky.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“Um, I … I think I ate too fast. My stomach’s aching … I’m going to the ladies room first …”

 

“Alright” I breathed. “Take your time.”

 

I watch her watch the elevator. She stood there for maybe a full minute. I wonder if she’s debating on running after him or hoping GD will come right back up. Finally, with drooped shoulders, she began to walk. She didn’t notice me as she crossed the hall while busily wiping the tears on her face.

 

 

**************************

 

 

Park showed up after 15 minutes. By that time, the occupants in the room have grown.

 

I found Taeyang, Bom and Seungri when I went back Tablo’s rec room. It turns out that Seungri is reminding everyone that it’s his birthday celebration in tomorrow and attendance is a must.

 

He grabbed a hold on Park when he saw her and didn’t let go until she said yes. “I thought I’m your favorite maknae?” He tried to look pitiful and batted his eyes.

 

“Stop that” I growled “you look annoying.”

 

Everyone in YG knows that Seungri and I have a love-hate relationship. First, it’s because we share the same name. Because I am the hyung, he had to change his name to Seungri although we debuted almost at the same time, me as a rapper and him as an idol. He is also an aspiring actor. He was very vocal that he should be the face of YG and not me. His self-confidence is something you’d either love or hate. I admit he’s funny so when he says things that inflates his own ego, people take it as a grain of salt and laugh it off.

 

“If you don’t want to go, I won’t force you” Seungri said, looking at me, “but Dara must absolutely come.” He draped his arm around her tiny frame and clung like a koala. “Please please please please pleazzzzz?”

 

Park laughed and held her hands up in defeat. “Alright, alright. But only for a short time … Seunghyun has to go to the premier of his movie the next night.”

 

“We all do.” Said Bom. “The whole YG family will be there.”

 

“I bet it’s going to be a blockbuster, man” said Taeyang. “I can’t wait to see it.”

 

“Thanks, man” I said.

 

“Seunghyun?” called Bom. “Can I borrow Dara tomorrow?”

 

Park looked at her, brows showing her confusion.

 

“We’re going to the party together” Bom smiled at her. “I need to get my nails done and hair treatment so you,” pulling Park next to her, “are going to come with me for a girl’s pampering day.”

 

“Bom, I really shouldn’t. Seunghyun has a schedule in the morning and I-“

 

“It’s fine” I cut in. “Don’t worry, it’s just another interview. I’ll ask my driver to pick me up. Go and do what girls do with Bom.”

 

“Are you sure?” Park asked.

 

I nodded. I figured, she could take a break and relax even for a day. She looked tired.

 

“Yey!” Bom clapped her hands excitedly. “We’ll go shop for a dress as well.”

 

“I have to see an apartment first so I’ll see you before lunch?” Park told Bom. They made their plans as they walked and sat on the couch, with Haru sandwiched between them.

 

I directed my attention to the rest of the guys just as I heard Seungri complaining why GD and I are going to be featured in Epik High’s album and why he’s not included.

 

 

 

********************************

 

 

 

I originally planned not to go to the party but changed my mind at the last minute.

 

The club was exclusive for Seungri’s birthday and no reporters were allowed inside. If there’s one thing Seungri is the best at, it’s throwing parties where different celebrities can mingle together and no embarrassing photos will come out the next day.

 

The party was well under way when I arrived and I made a beeline over to where Daesung is sitting. He is the best balladeer in YG and he just came from a very successful concert tour in Japan. He is also the closest person to me from YG. We shook hands as greeting because we’re formal that way. He and I get along really well because unlike the rest of the people in YG, we are not known to party hard and prefer to stay

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter