Seunghyun

On My Way To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Seunghyun~~ Lies

 

********************************************

 

 

 

I was surprised to see Jjangme fetching me from my villa that I share with my family. Park kept texting me yesterday reminding me of my first shooting day for my new movie “Tazza” so I naturally thought that she’ll be the one to accompany me. It’s been a week since we came back from our unexpected extended stay in the island because of the storm and I asked for a week of uninterrupted vacation. 

 

 

“Where’s Park?” I asked as I got comfortable in the company van.

 

 

“She’s busy looking for a new apartment” Jjangme answered.

 

 

“A new apartment?”

 

 

“She rented out the one she shared with …uhm -“Jjangne trailed off. “Anyway, she told me that she already has a taker, newlyweds actually, and that they want to move in by next week so she’s busy looking around for a smaller place for herself.”

 

 

I nodded. So, she really did it. Good then. A change in environment can help in moving on. 

 

 

I pursed my lips and concentrated on reading the movie’s script. I’ll have little to no time for resting the next 3 months. I sighed. The movie that I just finished shooting will open in 2 weeks and I’ll also be doing some interview rounds for promotion. Not only that, I also have a CF scheduled within the week.

 

 

Not that I’m complaining, I am grateful that I have a lot of things lined up. But sometimes … I wonder if all this is worth it … I sigh again. I briefly think back on my last relationship. I wonder why I was never satisfied. Sure, I enjoyed the time I spent will all my exes. But it’s just that. I was never tempted to stick to whatever relationship we had for too long. There was always something missing.  

 

 

It’s kinda like the character that I’m going to play in this movie. He’s always wanting for something more. Never satisfied. 

 

 

He’s a sad character, come to think about it. Oh well, since I can relate, I hope that I can translate that into acting.

 

 

I flip through the pages and began reading my lines out loud. I hope that the first shooting day will go well.

 

 

 

 

*****************************

 

 

 

We have been shooting for 16 hours a day for the past 3 days and my scenes will resume shooting in 2 days. I can sleep a little longer at last!

 

 

At least, that’s what I thought. Until someone came ringing my doorbell incessantly.

 

 

I live alone in my secret secluded house right in the outskirts of Seoul with my own private driveway leading from the street to my property. Only a few people in YG know about it. I don’t want reporters or fans camping out my gate like what they did when the media learned about the villa I had built for my family. I still stay there most of the time but it’s very far from work so it’s a necessity that I get a place for myself that easily accessible. It’s not that big for a bungalow type with only 3 bedrooms, all with their own T&B, one of which I converted into an office slash exercise room. The kitchen has modern design and equipment though I don’t really cook and I have a spacious walk-in closet as well. My favorite part of the house is the living room where I usually lounge around on the black leather couch watching sports channels or playing video games on my giant flat-screen TV. I don’t have a lot of furniture yet and I couldn’t be bothered to buy new ones. I am alone here, anyway. I even refused my Mom and sister when they offered to decorate it for me. 

 

 

Now, back to the ringing doorbell that’s driving me crazy. I groaned and with eyes barely open, I got up from bed and went to the door to see who it was from the security camera. 

 

 

Park’s eyebrows are almost meeting together and she doesn’t look too happy. In fact, I think that she’s ready to climb over the iron gate anytime soon.

 

 

Tightening the belt of my robe around my waist, I looked over the wall clock, with my right eye still closed from sleep and ! 

 

 

I immediately pushed the button to open the gate and instructed Park to come in.

 

 

She marched right in and stared at me like I was a very disappointing child when I met her by the door. I was expecting her to scold me or something but she just let out a deep sigh and went past me to get inside.

 

 

“Where are your things? We have to leave. You’re late.”

 

 

I pointed towards my walk in closet. Jjangme together with a stylist prepared my outfit for today last night. Park checked them and apparently satisfied, laid them back on the couch where she found them.

 

 

“Have you had breakfast?” she asked, but after seeing my ‘just woke up look’, didn’t wait for my answer. “Where’s the kitchen?”

 

 

Pointing to the left, she walked past me again in a brisk pace and I followed her.

 

 

“Why do you keep following me?” she inquired without looking back at me. She’s busy looking at the contents of my fridge. “Go take a shower! We should have been on the road 30 minutes ago.”

 

 

I made an about face and took the shortest shower I’ve ever taken. Upon dressing, I noticed that my phone shows 16 missed calls and 7 messages, all from Park. 

 

 

Park prepared scrambled eggs and toast and I wolfed it down in record time.

 

 

“I didn’t have time to brew so drink this instead.” She poured orange juice into a glass from a tetra pack. “We’ll grab some coffee on the way.”

 

 

We were out the door in 5 minutes.

 

 

 

******************************

 

 

 

I struck a huge deal with Reebok and I will do a lot of campaigns for them. Today, we will film a CF with Sohee as my leading lady. I’ve met Sohee before in numerous music shows back when I was still promoting as a rapper. She hadn’t made an impression on me back then although she was the most popular girl idol at that time. This was around the time I met Minah. So, yeah, you could understand why I wasn’t looking at other girls before.

 

 

Anyway, we arrived almost an hour and a half late. Thankfully, the director of the CF is someone I’ve worked with before so he went easy on me. Park handed out the coffee she bought when we stopped by Starbucks on our way to the shooting location to the crew and she bowed 90 degrees to all of them saying ‘sorry’ and ‘thank you’ for  the inconvenience we have caused in the delay of shooting.

 

 

To do my part, I worked diligently and as always, the photos came out magnificent if I may say so myself. I am not a braggart. I just tell the truth. I know that a lot of people find me handsome and manly and I’m proud of all the hard work I’ve invested to lose all those pounds way back when I was still an underground rapper. At first, I was skeptic when they tell me that I’m one of the best-looking celebrity in the industry. I mean, I spent most of my growing up years being the fat kid. 

 

 

Now, I’ve accepted the fact that girls will always fall on my feet whenever I my eyebrows at them or give them a smile. In a matter of minutes, I managed to charm all the girls in the shoot. Even Sohee. 

 

 

She mostly talked about the yester years when we would meet in music shows and how she’s jealous of my found success in acting. She said that she’s actually transitioning from being a singer to an actress. She asked for some advice and I gave her some. In one of the breaks for our fourth outfit, while we were waiting for the photographer and design team to finish their set-up, Sohee sidled up to me and casually asked about my manager.

 

 

“She looks familiar” Sohee said, glancing towards Park who was sitting at the corner busy with her phone. “She used to work with Jiyong, right?”

 

 

I nodded.

 

 

Sohee smiled. “Ah, now I remember. She was his stylist right? I used to see her a lot tagging along GD.”

 

 

Again, I nodded.

 

 

“What’s her name again? Park something…”

 

 

“Sandara.”

 

 

“Ah, yes. Sandara. I think GD calls her Dara” Sohee mused.

 

 

It looked like she was about to say more but then, we were interrupted by one of the staff. It’s time to resume our shooting.

 

 

It’s late and we’ll continue shooting early tomorrow morning, just in time for sunrise. I can still go home and sleep on my bed for 3 to 4 hours. I was looking forward to that thought as I made my way towards my assigned dressing room. I was held up by the director as asked me questions about the movie I’m currently filming. 

 

 

The door was ajar when I arrived there and I could hear female voices from the inside.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter