Prologue

On My Way To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Prologue~~Coz when a heart breaks no it don’t breakeven

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Do you know what the hardest part in moving on is? 

 

 

It’s the memories.

 

 

Traitorous memories. 

 

 

Especially when you have 9 years worth of them.

 

 

Remembering memories . Or a . A y . 

 

 

Everything after a break-up. 

 

 

You know that song ‘Breakeven’? 

 

 

♪♫ What am I gonna do when the best part of me is always you?

 

What am I gonna say when I’m all choked and you’re okay?

 

I’m falling to pieces… I’m falling to pieces …Falling to pieces….♪♫

 

 

 

Just when you thought that you’re finally okay, the memories sneak up on you when you least expect them. They come when you’re in your most unguarded moments. And just like that, you fall into pieces… again.

 

 

Like when you just woke up and your hand immediately reaches out towards the other side of the bed, expecting a warm body next to yours and then you find nothing? And then your heart breaks all over again, slapped with the reality that he’s gone. 

 

 

Sometimes, I wake up in the middle of the night hearing melodies or humming … ghosts of memories past. I used to stand and go to the other room he used as a temporary studio fully knowing that he won’t be there but I still go and check anyway just to torture myself. I used to hold on to the memories of him even though they only cause me pain.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter