Chapter 7

I Thought Forever Was Real

Joon Myeon sighed and the collar of his graduation gown. He is graduating today! Yet, he's far from happy. Joon Myeon tried to look for Chorong in the midst of his classmates but the petite girl can't be seen. Taking out his phone, he was going to text her again until he realised that she has yet to reply since the time he texted her. Looking at his wallpaper for the gazillion time, he sighed upon seeing the happy smiles etched on both his and Chorong's faces. It was when they were still all happy and not burdened by the problems he created. It was also the last date they had that didn't end in tears. When the teacher told them to get in position, Chorong's absence was apparent due to the gap in the middle where she was supposed to stand in the front row. He received questioning looks from his friends as they looked at the empty space but all he can do is smile weakly. Waiting for his name to be called, he strained his neck trying to look for his girl or at least her parents. Yes, Chorong is still his girl even though they've broken up and even if she didn't know it.

"Kim Joon Myeon!" his principal called out his name. Smiling faintly, he went up the stage to receive his certificate and shook hands with the principal. "Park Chorong!" was the name called after him but his girl didn't come up to receive her certificate. Instead, it was her mother, Mrs Park, who came on stage and took the cert on her behalf. She said something to the principal which made him look shocked before smiling widely. The ceremony then ended with the principal announcing that the class has graduated! Joon Myeon hurriedly went to search for his parents and he wanted to ask Chorong's mum where she was. To his relief, his parents were conversing with her parents so he immediately went there only to be smothered with hugs by both mothers. "Congrats, Joon Myeon-ah!" Mrs Park said while smiling at him. He just smiled and whispered a small thanks before hugging his dad. The mothers who were quietly conversing with each other looked at him in pity and smiled before hugging him again. Softly, he asked, "Mrs Park, where is Chorong? I've been trying to contact her but she didn't reply any of my messages or answering my calls." Mr Park patted him on the back softly and replied, "Ah, she didn't reply?" Joon Myeon shook his head and looked at her parents pleadingly. Mrs Park sighed and said, "She is busy, I guess. She didn't tell you that she got accepted to be a trainee at ACube?" Joon Myeon's eyes widened before shaking his head. "Ah, she didn't even tell me about that....." he said softly. His mother looked at him before asking, "Didn't she say that she needed to tell you something that day too? Maybe it was about this, Joon Myeon-ah." He was startled for a while and looked up in realisation. He quickly fumbled with his pockets to search for his phone and took it out before sending a quick text to his girl.

"Rong-ah, you're a trainee?"

As always, he didn't get a reply.

Weeks passed and she still didn't bother replying him or answering his calls. Finally deciding that he should be thinking about himself instead of worrying and not getting any replies, Joon Myeon told himself that he should stop texting and calling the girl who seems to forget about him already. Quickly reading through his offer letter from SM, he made a decision then that he will accept the offer. Walking down to meet his parents and inform them of his decision, he told himself that this is what he wants to do and it's always his dream to be a singer, an entertainer. Telling his parents was easy as they already know about his dreams and support him fully. He thought of texting Chorong to tell her that he accepted an offer to be a trainee at SM Entertainment but refrained himself from doing so  as he didn't think that she would even care - knowing that she wouldn't reply. Emailing his reply to the company immediately, he plopped on his bed and closed his eyes, sighing, wondering whether he is doing the right thing. While waiting for the company's reply, he cleaned his room to make it easier for him to pack up. Going through his stash of rubbish in the room, he came across a box in his wardrobe. Opening it, he was pleasantly surprised as he saw all the letters that she wrote to him as well as cute pictures of them. Gazing softly at each item in the box, Joon Myeon smiled and placed the box on his bed, reminding himself that he should bring this with him. After cleaning his room, he placed the box in his bag and folded all his clothes. While folding, his email notification beeped and he opened it in a hurry when he saw that it's from the company. Reading the email, he immediately went down to tell his parents the details.

"Umma, appa! I'm leaving this weekend! All of the details are worked out even the plane ticket!" he said in a hurry before running back up again. Quickly packing his outfits and leaving his toiletires for last, he placed his luggage at the side of the room and wondered how different it woud be being a trainee and whether he would get along with the other trainees. He was itching to text Chorong but had to restrain himself. The week passed and Joon Myeon was getting ready to go to the airport to catch his flight to Seoul. At the airport, his mother clinged on him with teary eyes while his father patted his back in encouragement, not wanting to tear up. Hugging his mother one last time and promising them that he will call once he reached, Joon Myeon walked off to the departure gate. Upon reaching Seoul, he looked for the company's representative that's holding up a placard for him. Going up to the man with the placard at the back of the crowd, Joon Myeon released his breath. Holding out his hand for the man to shake, he greeted, "Annyeong, Joon Myeon-imnida." And with that greeting, Joon Myeon's new life has begun.


 

Hello guys, sorry for the extremely late update but I've been kinda busy :( Well, so Suho is in Seoul and is on his way to be an idol. The plot is shaping up, yay me! :D

Do comment and upvote and subscribe x

Love, fitriahz