Chapter 2

I Thought Forever Was Real

Months go by and the couple is happy. Yes, they still act like best friends but there are now occasional pecks, lingering hugs and holding of hands. Also when they say "I love you", they mean it in the most sincere way possible.

"Joon Myeon, there's mail for you!" Mrs Kim shouted. Feeling puzzled as he rarely gets mail, he went to the living room and took the envelope before ripping it open. Reading the content, he grinned widely before showing it to his parents.

"I got accepted to be a trainee at SM Entertainment!!!!!" he exclaimed, still feeling overwhelmed by the news. Frowning slightly, Mr Kim said, "Have you read this properly, Joon Myeon-ah? There is a lot of rules and regulations involved. No telling people that you're a trainee except for your parents? No cell phones? Then, what about Chorong? What will you tell her?"

Joon Myeon sighed, "Ah, I didn't think of that. What should I do appa? I can't tell her! Should I just gradually distance myself from her? Will that work?" Mrs Kim replied, "You need to at least have a legit reason, Joon Myeon-ah. You can't just distance yourself from your girlfriend like that! Chorong will be so hurt!" Running his hands through his hair, Joon Myeon nodded and said, "Ah, I'll think about it and just see how it goes" before going back to his room with the letter clutched tightly in his hand.

At the same time, Chorong was also called by her mother to the living room. "Chorong-ah, you've got a letter!" Feeling nervous as she saw the logo on the envelope, Chorong took it and opened it slowly with shaking hands. Composing herself, she read silently before looking at her parents happily.

"I got in! I'm a trainee at ACube!" she squealed while waving the letter in the air. Smiling and congratulating her, her parents took the letter to read it and frowned before looking at each other. "Chorong-ah, are you sure you want to do this? Look at the rules! There are so many of them and we won't be able to see or talk to you as often. Joon Myeon too won't be able to talk or see you as often." 

"Aish, I don't know. I'll just think about it okay? Maybe I'll talk about this to Joon Myeon but tell him to keep it a secret," Chorong replied, biting her lip in confusion. Mr Park nodded and said, "That's best I guess, at least he knows the reason!" His daughter smiled wryly and went back up to her room, letter clutched tightly in her hand.

Both were up all night thinking about how they will break the news to the other. However, one of them will make the wrong decision and thus, causing heartbreak, confusion and despair.

"Park Chorong, I think we should break up."